12 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Also does anyone know how to speed up the nighttime in MP and SP missions?

5 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

If you want day & Night to cycle faster you will need to increase the Time Acceleration in one of the ravage modules cannot remember what one atm but the default level is x4 you will want to increase to x5 or higher.

Of course this increases both day and night  ^^

If you want a longer day cycle but a shorter night cycle try something like this instead...

https://www.exilemod.com/topic/1266-day-timenight-time/?do=findComment&comment=35753

Been a while since I used this, but it should still work.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2018 at 9:34 PM, lv1234 said:

@haleks

Any idea how the loot "randomization" works?

The loot is respawned (and thus re-randomised) every 24 (in-game) hours

• Like 1

Thanks for the answer everyone!

Now to another problem with my Ravage Altis Wasteland mission. When it comes to playing mp on that mission, it is noticeably alot laggier compared to playing SP. This is esp. noticeable in fairly-big survivor areas.

Specs (if needed):

-intel g4560 cpu

-rx 480 4gb msi OC

-16gb of ram

-windows 10 64-bit

Edit: Also does anyone know how to decrease the # of car patrols we deal with? The ai population factor is not effecting it much at all. I'm starting to see constant car patrols throughout the wasteland, esp. through towns, and I want to see them once in a while instead.

16 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Thanks for the answer everyone!

Now to another problem with my Ravage Altis Wasteland mission. When it comes to playing mp on that mission, it is noticeably alot laggier compared to playing SP. This is esp. noticeable in fairly-big survivor areas.

Specs (if needed):

-intel g4560 cpu

-rx 480 4gb msi OC

-16gb of ram

-windows 10 64-bit

Edit: Also does anyone know how to decrease the # of car patrols we deal with? The ai population factor is not effecting it much at all. I'm starting to see constant car patrols throughout the wasteland, esp. through towns, and I want to see them once in a while instead.

The lag could be coming from a number of things including the amount of players on server and or the amount of zombies to spawn per player also having a lot of hand placed objects or AI may cause this especially if the AI are moving about when player is not around. Also the amount of mods being run or scripts might cause this. If you provide a little more info on the scenario itself such as the mods your running/scripts, the amount of zombies your spawning, etc might be easier to solve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gill93 said:

The lag could be coming from a number of things including the amount of players on server and or the amount of zombies to spawn per player also having a lot of hand placed objects or AI may cause this especially if the AI are moving about when player is not around. Also the amount of mods being run or scripts might cause this. If you provide a little more info on the scenario itself such as the mods your running/scripts, the amount of zombies your spawning, etc might be easier to solve.

Here is what i have

-MP mission was meant for single player only (weird but that is how it is going to work for now)

-Zombies to spawn per player is about 20-25 if i remember

-ai population factor is 0.5

-Bandit camps (total of around 20 placed), where only 1/20 camps appears for a certain amount of time and then deletes itself to spawn in another new area script found here

-another bandit camp implementation by the ravage wiki itself, where a player spawns a bandit camp nearby when they walk through a "trigger" (around 10 placed i believe)

-AI patrol cars were present during this issue (like a good fair amount, found around 7 under 8 minutes near one of the large survivor areas)

-Scripts used: Only a single dynamic bandit camp script listed above

-Mods used (believed this was the culprit probs LOL, didn't know it was that big):

Spoiler

-Ravage

-3eden enhanced

-CBA_A3

-Cup weapons, units, vehicles, terrains-core

-Enhanced movement

-IFA3_AIO_LITE + LEN WEAPONS PACK addon

-Extended fortification mod

-Brick's Arma 3 flashlight mod

-Remove stamina

-ASR AI3

-Friths ruins

-Incon effects mod

-jsrs soundmod

-jtd "body flies" mod

-NATO RUS cba_weapons

-Niarms core, ak, awm, springfield rifles (each are a separate mod)

-All RHS mods

-Suppress mod

-Unlocked uniforms

-Warfare thai mod

-Craig SP pack

Any more info that I am missing?

If you want to test out my scenario or look at its contents in editor, the link is here for the mission download: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/217650-mp-ravage-altis-wasteland/

On 7.7.2018 at 9:43 PM, EO said:

If you want a longer day cycle but a shorter night cycle try something like this instead...

https://www.exilemod.com/topic/1266-day-timenight-time/?do=findComment&comment=35753

Been a while since I used this, but it should still work.

This works with a fixed date and fixed sunrise/sunset times. You could also detect them. For time compression, I use this (a bit too much of playing with randomization, but hey). Day is more or less 4x and night 10x. Can be put into debug window.

EDIT: BTW, I hate the forum editor software when it comes about editing comments and their code/quotes. It's crap. It's clicking, it's about disappearing code, additional blank spaces, spoiler tags out of context, I hate it. Hate speech necessary. I omit the spoiler tags now.

0 = [] spawn { 
   private _dayAccel = [2,4,10]; 
   private _nightAccel = [4,10,40]; 
   private _fallbackAccel = 1;

doTimeAcceleration = true; 
   while {doTimeAcceleration} do 
   { 
      if ((daytime < ((date call BIS_fnc_sunriseSunsetTime) select 0)) || (daytime >= ((date call BIS_fnc_sunriseSunsetTime) select 1))) then 
         {setTimeMultiplier (random _nightAccel)} 
         else 
         {setTimeMultiplier (random _dayAccel)}; 
      sleep (30 + random 60); 
   }; 
   setTimeMultiplier _fallbackAccel; 
};
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hey!

I'm trying to get Ravage going but I'm an utter noob when it comes to running Arma3 mods, so please be patient with me. Thing is when I boot up Arma3 and choose to run the "Survive the Apocalypse" scenario I spawn in a crashing airplane. I've searched like crazy for some tips on how to get the plane to the ground without dying, but so far I've come up with zero. And in places I read that you're supposed to spawn on the ground next to a crashed vehicle, so I'm getting confused. Do I have the wrong version of the mod downloaded, I got it via Steam Workshop? Or is there something I'm missing? I've tried to land the plane safely too many times to count, and I'm quite frankly fed up with it.

Anyway I did go on a multiplayer server and got to see a bit of Altis, but ping was awful and the zeds were rubberbanding all over the place, so I really want to get the single player scenario going. Hope somebody can help me!

Oh, while I'm here, is there really no way to fight hand-to-hand?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beavis3D said:

I really want to get the single player scenario going

Hello there Beavis3D !

# Welcome to BIS forums !

Just a TIP !

If you got stuck with the "Survive the Apocalypse" scenario , there are a lot of Ravage missions and Campaigns to check also and it's very simple to create also a mission with the Ravage modules in the editor for a typical survival scenario !

By the way i haven't play this ! so i 'll give it also a run to check what you mean !

All righty, thanks for the reply! If I manage to get familiar with mission editing and various mods I'll give it a go, for the time being I just want to get that plane on the ground so I can start surviving...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beavis3D said:

get that plane on the ground so I can start surviving...

Did you search the plane inventory for a parachute ?!

Just a thought !

5 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Did you search the plane inventory for a parachute ?!

Just a thought !

Haha didn't even know the plane could have an inventory, told you I'm a noob!

I did eject a few times when pressing buttons in a panic, so I know for sure I'm not wearing a parachute when I spawn at least. Hard landing...

• Haha 1

Related: Parachute player into game. I have it in an Eden editor "Game Logic" init, which I give a specific "probability of presence". You could also dump this into the debug window ingame.

comment "minHeight, maxHeight, autoOpenAtMin, autoOpenAtMax, failureAutoChance"; 
0 = [500, 1000, 75, 100, 0.1] spawn { 
   cutText ["Parachuting in...","BLACK FADED",0];sleep 1; cutText ["","BLACK IN", 3]; 
   _autoOpenChuteATL = (_this select 2) + random ((_this select 3) - (_this select 2)); 
   if ((random 1) < (_this select 4)) then {_autoOpenChuteATL = (random (_this select 2))*(random 1)}; 
   waituntil {alive player}; 
   private _loadout = getUnitLoadout player; 
   removebackpack player; player addbackpack "B_Parachute"; 
   player setdir random 360; 
   player setposATL [position player select 0, position player select 1, (_this select 0) + random ((_this select 1) - (_this select 0))]; 
   waitUntil {getPosATL player select 2 < _autoOpenChuteATL}; 
   player action ["openParachute"]; 
   waituntil {isTouchingGround player}; 
   player setUnitLoadout [_loadout, true]; 
};
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

Related: Parachute player into game. I have it in an Eden editor "Game Logic" init, which I give a specific "probability of presence".

Hide contents

comment "minHeight, maxHeight, autoOpenAtMin, autoOpenAtMax, failureAutoChance"; 
0 = [500, 1000, 75, 100, 0.1] spawn { 
   cutText ["Parachuting in...","BLACK FADED",0];sleep 1; cutText ["","BLACK IN", 3]; 
   _autoOpenChuteATL = (_this select 2) + random ((_this select 3) - (_this select 2)); 
   if ((random 1) < (_this select 4)) then {_autoOpenChuteATL = (random (_this select 2))*(random 1)}; 
   waituntil {alive player}; 
   private _loadout = getUnitLoadout player; 
   removebackpack player; player addbackpack "B_Parachute"; 
   player setdir random 360; 
   player setposATL [position player select 0, position player select 1, (_this select 0) + random ((_this select 1) - (_this select 0))]; 
   waitUntil {getPosATL player select 2 < _autoOpenChuteATL}; 
   player action ["openParachute"]; 
   waituntil {isTouchingGround player}; 
   player setUnitLoadout [_loadout, true]; 
};

Whoah! Where do I put that?!? If I can please just get a friendly pointer to the appropriate tutorial and faq, I'll be on my merry way and help myself. :)

For instance, in Eden editor, double click the player, paste it to the init field. For testing, you can even start an SP game, hit escape, put code into the debug text field, hit "execute". If the mission allows to start debug code. If you start out of the Eden editor, it will be allowed, because it is your choice.

In eden editor, to add code, you can also use F5, "Logic entities" (the flag symbol), a "Game Logic" init. It has the "Probability of presence" attribute if you do not always wat to execute it.

From Eden, you can rightclick your placed editor objects with "Save custom composition". There are many scripts around and this way you can store the often used scripts.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

For instance, in Eden editor, double click the player, paste it to the init field. For testing, you can even start an SP game, hit escape, put code into the debug text field, hit "execute". If the mission allows to start debug code. If you start out of the Eden editor, it will be allowed, because it is your choice.

In eden editor, to add code, you can also use F5, "Logic entities" (the flag symbol), a "Game Logic" init. It has the "Probability of presence" attribute if you do not always wat to execute it.

From Eden, you can rightclick your placed editor objects with "Save custom composition". There are many scripts around and this way you can store the often used scripts.

All right, thanks a lot!

Put the following code into your player object and it will spawn... somewhere. If ArmA avoided water spawns from engine side, life would be easier, hence the scripting solutions are necessary.

0 = player spawn { 
   waituntil {alive _this}; 
   private ["_overland","_landpos"]; _overland=false; 
   while {!_overland} do 
   { 
      _landpos = [random worldsize, random worldsize, 0]; 
      _overland = !(_landpos isFlatEmpty [-1, -1, -1, -1, 0, false] isEqualTo []); 
   }; 
   _landpos = _landpos findEmptyPosition [0,25,(typeof _this)]; 
   _this setPosATL [_landpos select 0, _landpos select 1, (getPosATL _this) select 2]; 
   _this setdir random 360; 
};
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Here is what i have

-MP mission was meant for single player only (weird but that is how it is going to work for now)

-Zombies to spawn per player is about 20-25 if i remember

-ai population factor is 0.5

-Bandit camps (total of around 20 placed), where only 1/20 camps appears for a certain amount of time and then deletes itself to spawn in another new area script found here

-another bandit camp implementation by the ravage wiki itself, where a player spawns a bandit camp nearby when they walk through a "trigger" (around 10 placed i believe)

-AI patrol cars were present during this issue (like a good fair amount, found around 7 under 8 minutes near one of the large survivor areas)

-Scripts used: Only a single dynamic bandit camp script listed above

-Mods used (believed this was the culprit probs LOL, didn't know it was that big):

Hide contents

-Ravage

-3eden enhanced

-CBA_A3

-Cup weapons, units, vehicles, terrains-core

-Enhanced movement

-IFA3_AIO_LITE + LEN WEAPONS PACK addon

-Extended fortification mod

-Brick's Arma 3 flashlight mod

-Remove stamina

-ASR AI3

-Friths ruins

-Incon effects mod

-jsrs soundmod

-jtd "body flies" mod

-NATO RUS cba_weapons

-Niarms core, ak, awm, springfield rifles (each are a separate mod)

-All RHS mods

-Suppress mod

-Unlocked uniforms

-Warfare thai mod

-Craig SP pack

Any more info that I am missing?

If you want to test out my scenario or look at its contents in editor, the link is here for the mission download: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/217650-mp-ravage-altis-wasteland/

ok so I added up the mods your using and its roughly around 31980MB or 31GB worth that definitely could cause the issue. As for zombies per person that seems decent but you might want to lower it just a tad also make sure to check the Global population limit for zombies and adjust it if needed the default is 250. Also I seen that your using 3eden enhanced and was wondering if your using any hand placed AI or objects.

On 08/07/2018 at 5:00 PM, Gill93 said:

This is esp. noticeable in fairly-big survivor areas.

I don't know how your survivor area is set up but be carfefull with the Niarms weapon, few AI or weapon holder with that mode can result to a performance issue try it without the Niarms

7 hours ago, Gill93 said:

ok so I added up the mods your using and its roughly around 31980MB or 31GB worth that definitely could cause the issue. As for zombies per person that seems decent but you might want to lower it just a tad also make sure to check the Global population limit for zombies and adjust it if needed the default is 250. Also I seen that your using 3eden enhanced and was wondering if your using any hand placed AI or objects.

Wow that is alot then. yes I am using hand placed ai and objects esp. for the survivor areas

Separate problems here, It seems that my "essential" survivors have a hard time staying still. Some would wonder off to a random positions inside the survivor area and stay there. So far I have made them stay using the "stay on position" option in 3eden enhanced and forced them to "hold". I don't want to make these survivors stop "moving" since they need to secure the areas.

Another problem i am having regarding the safezones. For some reason when I am inside the safe zones of survivor areas, I am still getting radiation poisoning? I ensured that the safe zones excluded radiations.

4 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

Wow that is alot then. yes I am using hand placed ai and objects esp. for the survivor areas

Every single item - unit in the mission will cost to the performance.

Probably the problem is that you have overdone this.

To have a check you can do this:

*To count the units in the Server

Create a trigger in the editor,

type : None

activation : radio alpha

repeatable : checked

server only : checked

condition : this

on activation:

hint format ["%1 units on the map",count allUnits];

*To count the objects on the Server

Create a trigger in the editor,

type : None

activation : radio bravo

repeatable : checked

server only : checked

condition : this

on activation:

hint format ["%1   Objects on the map",count allMissionObjects "All"];

and click inside the game whenever you want 0-0-1 and 0-0-2 to get the information.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

@GEORGE FLOROS GR

# of ai units: 128

Pheeeeew, that's a lot!

Even with dynamic simulation enabled, that's probably too much.

A few advices :

- If dynamic simulation isn't enabled/properly configured already, have a go at it and see if it helps.

- Use 3den Enhanced to disable AI features you don't need on hand-placed AIs.

If that doesn't suffice to improve framerate, you should definitely reduce the number of AIs. Or write a dedicated caching system for them, but that requires advanced scripting techniques.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gill93 said:

Global population limit is 150 as of rightnow

11 minutes ago, haleks said:

Pheeeeew, that's a lot!

Even with dynamic simulation enabled, that's probably too much.

A few advices :

- If dynamic simulation isn't enabled/properly configured already, have a go at it and see if it helps.

- Use 3den Enhanced to disable AI features you don't need on hand-placed AIs.

If that doesn't suffice to improve framerate, you should definitely reduce the number of AIs. Or write a dedicated caching system for them, but that requires advanced scripting techniques.

So far, I disabled some unnecessary ai features for each hand placed ai. Will give feedback of how it goes