Jump to content

Recommended Posts

@ArteyFlo, regarding your modset, unless you have a specific reason for using it, ASDG_JR has been part of CBA since August 2017.

 

quote from CBA GitHub...

Quote

 It is no longer necessary to use the standalone version of Joint Rails with CBA. It is recommended that you remove the standalone version as you may receive conflict warnings in your RPT. We are not aware of any actual conflicts but you should not run them both at the same time.

  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, haleks said:

Waiting a few seconds for the module functions to finish should be enough.

By the way, if you want auto-saves only, the correct syntax would be enableSaving [false, true]  ;)

where would we place that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EO said:

@ArteyFlo, regarding your modset, unless you have a specific reason for using it, ASDG_JR has been part of CBA since August 2017.

 

quote from CBA GitHub...

  

 

Thank you, I was unaware of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ArteyFlo said:

Here is the list of the mods that I use: 

 

For sure , you don't need to have enable at the same time all this mods.

There are a lot of times that addons and scripts interfere with each others , especially with so many.

 

Did you tried your mission to see if it's working without addons? or just with the certain used for your mission ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

 

In your init.sqf

Thanks but i realize that i had a bunch of codes stuffed in there...How would i separate the enablesaving script from all the other scripts/codes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

other scripts

 

You can add this in the first line/s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

 

You can add this in the first line/s.

Hmm so i put the line like this in the first line of the init.sqf "enableSaving [false, true];"

 

But I am still able to manually save?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

 

You can add this in the first line/s.

Hmm so i put the line like this in the first line of the init.sqf "enableSaving [false, true];"

 

But I am still able to manually save? I want to make it so that I can't manually save but allow the game to save through triggers or script

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

But I am still able to manually save? I want to make it so that I can't manually save but allow the game to save through triggers or script

 

....then use the correct syntax that was provided by haleks.

enableSaving [false, true]; // false disables manual saving, true allows autosave via trigger etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EO said:

 

....then use the correct syntax that was provided by haleks.

enableSaving [false, true]; // false disables manual saving, true allows autosave via trigger etc.

The thing is though I did do that (without the "//" and the lines after that)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

The thing is though I did do that (without the "//" and the lines after that)

 

 

Rather than cluttering up the Ravage thread, perhaps create a thread over in Mission Editing Section of the forums - https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/154-arma-3-mission-editing-scripting/ to get your question(s) resolved.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

 

For sure , you don't need to have enable at the same time all this mods.

There are a lot of times that addons and scripts interfere with each others , especially with so many.

 

Did you tried your mission to see if it's working without addons? or just with the certain used for your mission ?

 

A good healthy portion of the mods in the list I included are maps. Most of the others are things like CUP, RHS, etc that add guns, uniforms and maps. Only a small handful of the mods (like maybe Chemical Warfare) could possibly interfere with Ravage's scripts and what not. Therefore, I don't bother with disabling any of my mods while playing Ravage. I could still try Ravage later today with maybe just Cup and Rhs enabled, but I'm like 90% certain the MP Persistency problem will still persist (pun intended).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

 

2 hours ago, lv1234 said:

The thing is though I did do that (without the "//" and the lines after that)

 

 

Rather than cluttering up the Ravage thread, perhaps create a thread over in Mission Editing Section of the forums - https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/154-arma-3-mission-editing-scripting/ to get your question(s) resolved.

 

 

I had proposed this some time ago:

 

On 9/4/2018 at 1:44 PM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

 

The question goes first to Haleks.

 

I will propose ,

if we should  create here , also a Ravage Club ?

https://forums.bohemia.net/clubs/

From my view , it would probably help more , to sort of everything listed for Ravage mod.

 

Or the Ravage Wikia and the topic , are considered already enough?

 

Thanks!

 

 

Should we Haleks?

 

Maybe we could create some topics in this session , with more functionality  , in order to find everything easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Here is the list of the mods that I use: 

CBA_A3,ASDG JR,3den Enhanced,Advanced Rappelling,Advanced Towing,Advanced Urban Rappelling,Ambient Combat Manager,Enhanced Movement,RHSAFRF,RHSUSAF,RHSGREF,RHSSAF,ADR-97 Weapon Pack (Official Mod),CUP Weapons,CUP Units,NATO_Rus_Weapons_CBA,Altis_Guerrilla_Warfare,CUP Terrains - Core,AVON FM12 Respirator Pack,Chemical Warfare,CUP Terrains - Maps,AVON FM12 + Chemical Warfare Compat,B61 Nuclear Bomb,CUP Vehicles,FEMAL3 Heads,FEMAL3 Uniforms

KA Suitcase Nuke,L3-GPNVG18 Panoramic Night Vision,MAKTAC Insignia,MiddleEastWarfare,MRH Satellite,NIArms All in One,RussianGRU_mas,Specialist Military Arms (SMA) Version 2.7.1,TAC VESTS,TRYK [TRYK's Multi-play Uniforms],ussocom_mas

WLA Addon,Arctic,ArmA 3 Custom Buildings - Original,Arma 3 Taviana 0.4.1,CUP Terrains - CWA,Esseker,Fallujah,Island Panthera 3.9,Kunduz, Afghanistan,Lingor+Dingor Island v3.82,Nam,Namalsk,Napf Island A3,Ruha,SNW Rura Penthe,Tembelan Island,VIDDA | ALPHA,X-Cam-Taunus (Version 1.1)


The more mods you run, the more information that has to be processed when your mission starts. Just curious. Why are you running multiple maps at once? That just makes no sense to me. I know for a fact that I've had people comment that they couldn't connect to a session because they were running multiple maps at a time, and they troubleshooted the issue and pinned it down to that one issue. Not saying that's your solution, but it might be something to think about. You know you can use your Arma launcher and do pre sets for different missions, right? For example, if you are playing on Esseker you can have a set list of mods that you use for Esseker and can save the list in your launcher.

A better question... I just counted the mods. There are 55 listed. Either I'm a psychic or it's a pure coincidence that you are running that many mods. This is a legit question. Why would you expect long term stability running that many mods? Why would you expect things to all work properly with that many mods? If you have to run 55 mods to enjoy the experience... you should ask yourself if Arma is the right game for you. You're probably just not getting what you want out of the game. I suppose it's one thing to just play a session with that many mods. It's an entirely different thing to expect long term stability. Another thing... I find it fascinating that you assume to know the core of the problem and blame Ravage, rather than looking at excessive list of potential game breaking mods you are running.
 

Quote

Yes, I know I use a lot of mods, but I haven't had any problems with them. I do not think my mods are the source of the issue. The bug only occurs when "MP persistency" is enabled. As soon as I disable it, the problems completely disappear. I knowthat "MP persistency" is the source of the problem. If it isn't the source, then it's definitely a contributing factor. I know the problem isn't my respawn markers (I have two dozen respawn markers placed throughout the map), as I have their variable names set correctly. Also, I'm guessing your last sentence was a jab at me. You should know that the people in my group all use the exact same mods, to avoid any potential problems from occurring. There's no way that "long term stability for the mission" shouldn't be attainable here.


This actually illustrates perfectly my frustrations with the Arma community as a mission maker. I'm wondering if this is the same guy who was complaining on one of my workshop pages suggesting that "I'm no help at all" when I point out that 55 mods might be too much. Just running one mod can break features, after all. Are you that same guy, by the way... or is this conversation a coincidence?

There is one thing you are failing to recognize. MP Persistency saves gear, items, clothing, weapons that players carry on them. If you are running 30 different mods alone that change the loot pools for Arma, it can probably break persistency. Perhaps the database that is created for the can't handle the amount of information or data you are trying to get it to save. I'm not sure why. These are things you should consider. You fail to recognize that you are the reason things are breaking, not the other way around. I've never had this issue. But then again... I've never needed 55 mods to enjoy Arma. I'm a 10-15 man myself. I typically only run about 6 or 7 most of the time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, mods should be used in a "do not use unnecessary ones" fashion. Personally, I use a cmd template with variables (don't use the Launcher), have tons of cmd scripts and this is the way I start ArmA. And with those, I only load the necesary stuff. E.g., it makes no sense to play the campaign and load 100s of terrains. Or using mods affecting AI behaviour in the campaign.

I.e., I have e.g. a starter script called "ArmA Vanilla.cmd", "ArmA Ravage.cmd", "ArmA Campaign.cmd". Another good effect is, this way you don't run into dependency problems because you play saved SP missions with the correct mod set.

 

EDIT. Here's how I do it. a) Define variables, b) start most performance energy profile, c) start arma d) energy profile back to normal

 


set ArmAPath=C:\Disk\SSD1TB\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

SET mods=%mods%@ravage;@Max_Zombies;@jsrs-soundmod;@l_es;@bzly_UIcorrections;@ares_mod_achilles_expansion
SET mods=%mods%;@l_suppress;@l_immerse;@l_align;@unit_sfx;@em;@Discipline;@magRepack;@va
SET mods=%mods%;@ctab;@dbo_push_bikes;@EEA3I;@3den_enhanced;@shacktac_user_interface;@friths_ruin
SET mods=%mods%;@Sullen_Skies;@tort_escape;@tort_playmusic;@tpw_mods;@mcc_sandbox_a3

SET mods=%mods%;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@rhs_gref
SET mods=%mods%;@cup_units;@cup_weapons
SET mods=%mods%;@cup_terrains_core;@cup_terrains_maps;@esseker

SET mods=@CBA_A3;@BaBe_midTex;@eo_weedkiller;@recolor;@CHVD;%mods%

powercfg -setactive 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c

start /b /wait "" "%ArmAPath%\arma3_x64.exe" -nosplash -filePatching -noLogs -showScriptErrors -enableHT "-mod=%mods%" -name=TortuositSP
REM start /b "" "%ArmAPath%\arma3battleye.exe" 2 1 0 -nosplash -skipIntro -enableHT -maxMem=6144 -nologs -exThreads=7 "-mod=" -name=Tortuosit

powercfg -setactive 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, can anybody point me to where I can change the loot of AI vehicles? I've changed the AI loot, though can't figure out the vehicles. Cheers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:


The more mods you run, the more information that has to be processed when your mission starts. Just curious. Why are you running multiple maps at once? That just makes no sense to me. I know for a fact that I've had people comment that they couldn't connect to a session because they were running multiple maps at a time, and they troubleshooted the issue and pinned it down to that one issue. Not saying that's your solution, but it might be something to think about. You know you can use your Arma launcher and do pre sets for different missions, right? For example, if you are playing on Esseker you can have a set list of mods that you use for Esseker and can save the list in your launcher.

A better question... I just counted the mods. There are 55 listed. Either I'm a psychic or it's a pure coincidence that you are running that many mods. This is a legit question. Why would you expect long term stability running that many mods? Why would you expect things to all work properly with that many mods? If you have to run 55 mods to enjoy the experience... you should ask yourself if Arma is the right game for you. You're probably just not getting what you want out of the game. I suppose it's one thing to just play a session with that many mods. It's an entirely different thing to expect long term stability. Another thing... I find it fascinating that you assume to know the core of the problem and blame Ravage, rather than looking at excessive list of potential game breaking mods you are running.
 


This actually illustrates perfectly my frustrations with the Arma community as a mission maker. I'm wondering if this is the same guy who was complaining on one of my workshop pages suggesting that "I'm no help at all" when I point out that 55 mods might be too much. Just running one mod can break features, after all. Are you that same guy, by the way... or is this conversation a coincidence?

There is one thing you are failing to recognize. MP Persistency saves gear, items, clothing, weapons that players carry on them. If you are running 30 different mods alone that change the loot pools for Arma, it can probably break persistency. Perhaps the database that is created for the can't handle the amount of information or data you are trying to get it to save. I'm not sure why. These are things you should consider. You fail to recognize that you are the reason things are breaking, not the other way around. I've never had this issue. But then again... I've never needed 55 mods to enjoy Arma. I'm a 10-15 man myself. I typically only run about 6 or 7 most of the time.

 

I am running multiple maps at once so that I don't have to restart ArmA every single time I want to play on a different map. I already know that you can use presets, I use them all the time. For me personally, making 20 different presets just so I don't have all the maps enabled at once doesn't make sense to me. The reason I have so many mods is because vanilla ArmA 3 is very lacking in terms of actual content. Let me explain before you respond with something along the lines of: "Well there's like 8 dlc, so you're obviously wrong". When I first bought ArmA 3 in October or so of 2015, there were only like 20-30 guns in the game. Only like 20 different vehicles. Only 2-3 maps. There was hardly anything. ArmA 3 is one of those games where you need mods to fill in the lack of content that the developers plagued the game with in the first place. Compare this to ArmA 2 OA, where there's an abundance of actual things in the game. I know ArmA 3 now has multiple campaigns, DLC, etc but it's still one of those games, at least to me, where you really just need mods for a genuinely good experience.

 

I still believe long term stability is attainable, even with 55 mods (which btw, isn't that many compared to how many some other people use). I am aware that some mods (especially overhaul mods like RHS) could definitely conflict with other mods. I am willing to take the risk, just so I can have a better experience in the game. Also, can you please list exactly which mods of mine are "potentially game breaking"? I have literally come across no other problems that could be potentially related to the mods I have enabled, just the MP persistency issue in Ravage. The "ocean death bug", or so I call it, only occurs when I have the setting enabled, so do you see why I am blaming Ravage?

 

I am not the same dude that you are talking about. I don't know who you are talking about and I don't care lol. I'll tell you what, though. Later today I will test Ravage mod, in a multiplayer lan mission, while only having CBA and Ravage enabled. I will make sure to enable the MP persistency setting. If the problem still occurs, I don't want anyone to blame the mods I am running again. Does this sound fair?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tortuosit said:

I agree, mods should be used in a "do not use unnecessary ones" fashion. Personally, I use a cmd template with variables (don't use the Launcher), have tons of cmd scripts and this is the way I start ArmA. And with those, I only load the necesary stuff. E.g., it makes no sense to play the campaign and load 100s of terrains. Or using mods affecting AI behaviour in the campaign.

I.e., I have e.g. a starter script called "ArmA Vanilla.cmd", "ArmA Ravage.cmd", "ArmA Campaign.cmd". Another good effect is, this way you don't run into dependency problems because you play saved SP missions with the correct mod set.

 

EDIT. Here's how I do it. a) Define variables, b) start most performance energy profile, c) start arma d) energy profile back to normal

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 



set ArmAPath=C:\Disk\SSD1TB\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

SET mods=%mods%@ravage;@Max_Zombies;@jsrs-soundmod;@l_es;@bzly_UIcorrections;@ares_mod_achilles_expansion
SET mods=%mods%;@l_suppress;@l_immerse;@l_align;@unit_sfx;@em;@Discipline;@magRepack;@va
SET mods=%mods%;@ctab;@dbo_push_bikes;@EEA3I;@3den_enhanced;@shacktac_user_interface;@friths_ruin
SET mods=%mods%;@Sullen_Skies;@tort_escape;@tort_playmusic;@tpw_mods;@mcc_sandbox_a3

SET mods=%mods%;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@rhs_gref
SET mods=%mods%;@cup_units;@cup_weapons
SET mods=%mods%;@cup_terrains_core;@cup_terrains_maps;@esseker

SET mods=@CBA_A3;@BaBe_midTex;@eo_weedkiller;@recolor;@CHVD;%mods%

powercfg -setactive 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c

start /b /wait "" "%ArmAPath%\arma3_x64.exe" -nosplash -filePatching -noLogs -showScriptErrors -enableHT "-mod=%mods%" -name=TortuositSP
REM start /b "" "%ArmAPath%\arma3battleye.exe" 2 1 0 -nosplash -skipIntro -enableHT -maxMem=6144 -nologs -exThreads=7 "-mod=" -name=Tortuosit

powercfg -setactive 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e

 

 

 

Yes, but when it gets to the point where you're literally restarting the game every single time you want to play on a different map, then it just becomes pointless, imo. I do agree with your "do not use unnecessary mods" statement, that's why I use presets (I even have one specifically made for Ravage that disables a handful of the mods). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ArteyFlo said:

I still believe long term stability is attainable

I'm not so sure that can be achieved via a LAN server with additional players joining. I'm assuming your hosting a local/listen server on your own PC.

I've played Cosmic's Escape mission on a rented dedicated server a few times (MP Persistence enabled) and never had the "ocean death bug" you refer too.  

 

36 minutes ago, ArteyFlo said:

Later today I will test Ravage mod, in a multiplayer lan mission, while only having CBA and Ravage enabled. I will make sure to enable the MP persistency setting. If the problem still occurs, I don't want anyone to blame the mods I am running again. Does this sound fair?

Doing this, ^^  before singling out Ravage for the bugs you've encountered would have been the more sensible approach.   

 

Again, I wouldn't expect long term stability on any kind of Arma mission over a LAN network, there is simply too much going on under the hood to expect high (or at the very least stable) fps.

Not all missions are designed to run in all environments.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone

 

for my short MP mission, I am planning to create a fence around the player's house but I want to create a "secure door" to make it hard for ai and zombies to get in..any ideas?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, K01F15H said:

Hey guys, can anybody point me to where I can change the loot of AI vehicles?

 

Hello there K01F15H !

 

I have a create a script for this if you want to check:

Spoiler

Rhw3UIa_Q2_1S9nEhYS5yA.png

 

You can also check here for more stuff:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/215850-compilation-list-of-my-gf-scripts/

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EO said:

I'm not so sure that can be achieved via a LAN server with additional players joining. I'm assuming your hosting a local/listen server on your own PC.

I've played Cosmic's Escape mission on a rented dedicated server a few times (MP Persistence enabled) and never had the "ocean death bug" you refer too.  

 

Doing this, ^^  before singling out Ravage for the bugs you've encountered would have been the more sensible approach.   

 

Again, I wouldn't expect long term stability on any kind of Arma mission over a LAN network, there is simply too much going on under the hood to expect high (or at the very least stable) fps.

Not all missions are designed to run in all environments.

 

I guess we'll see then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

question do zombies knock backpacks and weapons out of players equipped gear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crazy mike said:

question do zombies knock backpacks and weapons out of players equipped gear?

 

Backpacks - yes. Weapons - I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×