awesome thank you Haleks for the updates! Keep them coming!

from your pal

SUPER noob Caluu! :D

Just a little request:

If anyone has a default, non-objective based Ravage mission on Esseker or maybe on a map that's similar-ish, could you PM me a link? I haven't spent a great deal of time learning the module settings, and can't really tell if leaving them on default would encapsulate the spirit of the Altis/Tanoa demo missions. Doesn't really seem like it based on the module descriptions.

I know there are some excellent missions with objectives and stuff (Toursit made a great one, for example) but it's been awhile since I just tried to see how long I can survive and would love to give it a whirl without having to do a ton of editor play-testing (which feels like that's all I do with this game :) ).

No hurry on one. But if any of you ever have one compatible with the new update, keep me in mind. :)

The one thing I haven't been able to reproduce so far, is that off-center ironsight glitch... If anyone could confirm it's still a thing on stable 1.66, that would spare me some time. ;)

hello, i have encountered that glitch again, with everything up-to-date. i am using CBA, CUP, RHS, enhanced movement and JSRS Apex.

it seems to happen mostly when i interact with a vehicle (e.g. inventory or repair/scavenge), and not within the first 30 minutes of starting arma.

i edited the standard altis mission slightly, fyi.

thank you for your work! ravage is by far my favourite arma mod! :)

EDIT: the aim fix mod doesn't fix it, at least not for me.

hello, i have encountered that glitch again, with everything up-to-date. i am using CBA, CUP, RHS, enhanced movement and JSRS Apex.

it seems to happen mostly when i interact with a vehicle (e.g. inventory or repair/scavenge), and not within the first 30 minutes of starting arma.

i edited the standard altis mission slightly, fyi.

thank you for your work! ravage is by far my favourite arma mod! :)

Have you tried the aim fix mod on Armaholic? I use it and do not have this issue.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22435

i'll check it out. thank you!

EDIT: nope, still the same.

It's strange that it only effects certain people. Are you running the Ironfront mod?

It's strange that it only effects certain people. Are you running the Ironfront mod?

nope.

also, i can't remember it happening before the 1.64 patch...

HI everyone! Im SUPER noob Caluu!

im building a mission with the ravage mod and some others. I know this may not be the proper thread for this but i want to ask you guys cause you all seem very knowladgeable in this portion of arma 3 and its editor.

I want to add volumetric fog/ ground fog, i have fiddled with the fog settings in my editor program and i feel tht the fog they gave us isnt wht i want, i have seen videos of ppls game play where they have GREAT fog, now how would someone like me "SUPER noob" do this, do i need to write a simple script with the weather system to have the cool ground/volumetric fog?

Here is 2 links to videos using ravage and cool fog settings:

{skip to about the 16 min mark in the video}

actually this video is from a forum member call Kodabar

@kodabar please let me know how to get this fog please.

my sinceriest apologies about this post, i know its off topic but you all are better at this then me.

from your pal

EDIT: Also i should state that today i purchased the APEX DLC of arma 3.

The functions from Ravage won't be of much help, as they are designed to work along with the modules; they won't be very practical to use.

But you can spawn zeds like you'd spawn any agent with createAgent :

_zed = createAgent ["zombie_runner", position player, [], 50, "NONE"];
_zed moveTo (position player);

Classnames for zombies are : "zombie_runner", "zombie_bolter", "zombie_walker". Everything else is automated (random uniform, behaviour etc); if you want that zombie to be persistent, use this variable :

_zed setVariable ["_zPersistent", true, true];

Thanks again haleks! Wanna make a dynamic mission to clear out a horde of zombies on a random location.

More questions from me though, sorry.  :lol:

Tried installing the melee weapons script by Phronk(adding execVM line to the init.sqf) since I've been seeing random spawns for melee objects(axe, shovel, etc.) in Ravage. Doesn't seem to be working since I don't see an action for the melee objects. I guess the object needs the init line for it to work.

I want to add volumetric fog/ ground fog, i have fiddled with the fog settings in my editor program and i feel tht the fog they gave us isnt wht i want, i have seen videos of ppls game play where they have GREAT fog, now how would someone like me "SUPER noob" do this, do i need to write a simple script with the weather system to have the cool ground/volumetric fog?

Hey Caluu...for SP scenarios, this is still my favorite fog script....looks damn creepy around Georgetown. 

:581:  

All at the expense of a few frames here or there.

Edit...if i recall the original A2 script might even have been used in one of haleks DayZ SP missions, but i can't 100% be sure....twas a while ago.

Hey Caluu...for SP scenarios, this is still my favorite fog script....looks damn creepy around Georgetown. 

:581:  

All at the expense of a few frames here or there.

Edit...if i recall the original A2 script might even have been used in one of haleks DayZ SP missions, but i can't 100% be sure....twas a while ago.

i do not know how to create any sqf files, i am very inexperienced in scripting and coding. Could u possible create the file for me then i can edit the times that the fog would start and end. Pretty please thats the type of fog im looking for. im just super noob and inexperienced with this sorta stuff.

EDIT: this would be a for a single player mission file btw

THNKS from your pal

i do not know how to create any sqf files, i am very inexperienced in scripting and coding. Could u possible create the file for me then i can edit the times that the fog would start and end. Pretty please thats the type of fog im looking for. im just super noob and inexperienced with this sorta stuff.

I could do that for you....but it's much more rewarding to try it yourself, especially if you want to create some super cool missions. This video covers the basics.

If you are still a little stuck after watching/reading some tutorials, send me a PM, as all this is a little off topic.  :)

• Like 4

I could do that for you....but it's much more rewarding to try it yourself, especially if you want to create some super cool missions. This video covers the basics.

If you are still a little stuck after watching/reading some tutorials, send me a PM, as all this is a little off topic.  :)

Yes thank you much, My apologies to everyone in this thread as my recent posts were off topic. I apologize guys/gals.

Thnks for the video link. Evil Organ.

Yes thank you much, My apologies to everyone in this thread as my recent posts were off topic. I apologize guys/gals.

Thnks for the video link. Evil Organ.

yo Caluu that Ravage Esseker seems interesting, the snow makes it all the more fitting for the lore of " The world being in a state of nuclear winter". Id be interested in playing it when your finished!!

Hi guys!

Expect another small update soon! I forgot to update the MP saves manager scenario wich is completely useless as a result...

I've also spotted and fixed a very dumb error I made with friendly survivors - it prevents them from respawning and spams your RPT logs as soon as one gets killed, sorry for that.

If you spot any other error or glitch, now is a good time to report. ;)

Hopefully with that next update, Ravage will be 100% bug-free and stable for a while...

• Like 4

Tried installing the melee weapons script by Phronk(adding execVM line to the init.sqf) since I've been seeing random spawns for melee objects(axe, shovel, etc.) in Ravage. Doesn't seem to be working since I don't see an action for the melee objects. I guess the object needs the init line for it to work.

That would be something I haven't thought through when I updated props to spawn as "simple objects" : you can't use actions on them if my memory serves...

I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of making them simple objects anyway; they usually aren't many of them, and the related vanilla functions are still a bit clunky at the moment. I might revert on this with the next update...

Hi Haleks

I have a small request,infact it may be a big one,if so,feel free to ignore it as implimenting this might be alot of work,iv really no idea.

As i mentioned before i am editing a map,for a ravage scenario.One mod i am using... http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28559

Adds ponds,however ravage will not recognize them as a water source.I still cant figure out why.

Is there any chance of a compatibility patch?

Mod description says the following "Essentially its the A2 chernarus water pieces and made for my own port of Chernarus."

also i had a question about AI survivors whom the player can recruit.If,i change their loadout,ie give them a new weapon,will they retain their infinite ammo?

Update - Ravage Utube Fans Channel

added:

Channel subscribers is now at 61!

Subscribe for more videos to come! I hope;)

• Like 2

That would be something I haven't thought through when I updated props to spawn as "simple objects" : you can't use actions on them if my memory serves...

I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of making them simple objects anyway; they usually aren't many of them, and the related vanilla functions are still a bit clunky at the moment. I might revert on this with the next update...

How about the new Dynamic Simulation function they introduced with the latest update? is this able to be used outside the 3den editor? that could be a way of making the static props to be used for that melee weapon script.

Hi Haleks

I have a small request,infact it may be a big one,if so,feel free to ignore it as implimenting this might be alot of work,iv really no idea.

As i mentioned before i am editing a map,for a ravage scenario.One mod i am using... http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28559

Adds ponds,however ravage will not recognize them as a water source.I still cant figure out why.

Is there any chance of a compatibility patch?

Mod description says the following "Essentially its the A2 chernarus water pieces and made for my own port of Chernarus."

also i had a question about AI survivors whom the player can recruit.If,i change their loadout,ie give them a new weapon,will they retain their infinite ammo?

I haven't considered ponds when writing the code, since Arma3 has none. But I began working on an extension for CUP terrains, I'll probably address this when I finish it.

Also, yes, AI keep their infinite ammo, no matter the weapons you give them after they've been recruited.

How about the new Dynamic Simulation function they introduced with the latest update? is this able to be used outside the 3den editor? that could be a way of making the static props to be used for that melee weapon script.

Yeah I reckon it will be very usefull in many regards, but BIS actually removed it from 1.66 - it was not ready to be released yet.
  • Like 3

Haleks and everyone else do you find a good idea to force 1st person once you wearing a gasmask? I know that cease people's freedom of choice but this tents to get popular especially on the famous dayz alike mods.At least it's a thing I will try to do on my mission if I find some help on how to do it :-)

Second is there any way I could include or push back your ambient music and add more songs to the list?

Thanks.

Lads is there a class name for the meat you gut from the animals?

Evil was nice enough to send me the classnames before but i didnt see meat in there. I would like to add it to loot list if possible,so i can still cook something before i find gutting knife.

Thanks

Lads is there a class name for the meat you gut from the animals?

Evil was nice enough to send me the classnames before but i didnt see meat in there. I would like to add it to loot list if possible,so i can still cook something before i find gutting knife.

Thanks

Try these....

"rvg_Rabbit_Meat"

"rvg_Rabbit_Meat_Cooked"

"rvg_Chicken_Meat"

"rvg_Chicken_Meat_Cooked"

"rvg_Sheep_Meat"

"rvg_Sheep_Meat_Cooked"

• Like 3