The season of goodwill to all Survivors, Bandits, Renegades and Infected is nearly upon us......

u6OR9CS.jpg

Happy holidays fellow Ravagers.

• Like 12

im having a really weird fog issue on Tanoa with Ravage Apex, first day looks fine but then it starts to get more foggy and by the second day i can barely see anything but the playermodel, the "rest" function even made it worse by a lot each time i used it.

as a workaround i enabled the debugconsole via the description.ext so i can reset the fog back to a subtle level

any ideas or an already known bug?

(might attach a screenshot a little later)

On 20/12/2016 at 4:14 PM, FireWalker said:

Caluu,

I believe this stuff has always been in game to create a little more 'real life' feel..  Just a little 'glitter'   lol

Ok I think it has to do with the Loot module and the prop spawner. I think the prop spawner us what's doing it. I also notice that the models appear to clip through floors and walls most of the time. Cool feature tho.

@EO: lol. that one guy can barely take all the love and togetherness. makes his eyes bleed :xmas:

• Like 4

@Evil organ

Nice photo haha, now we just need Haleks to add in functionality to the woodcutter axe,we knock down some pine tree on chernarus,attach a few chemlights,stash our loot under it...and walla!

We got a survivor christmas tree:xmas:

• Like 4

Has anyone had issues where if you have say 4 or more people in a multi player environment on a dedicated server some "zombies" only draw on certain clients machines?  The zombies are still there, completely invisible and beating the crap out of you, but a player nearby can still see them and shoot them for you. Its strange and its happened to my squad from time to time over the last several versions.

If you have witnessed this, what are your ideas on the cause?

Thanks,

Fire

18 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Has anyone had issues where if you have say 4 or more people in a multi player environment on a dedicated server some "zombies" only draw on certain clients machines?  The zombies are still there, completely invisible and beating the crap out of you, but a player nearby can still see them and shoot them for you. Its strange and its happened to my squad from time to time over the last several versions.

Thanks,

Fire

What mods were you running? 

22 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Thanks,

Fire

Sounds like a locality issue, presuming that everyone had the same mod-set.

Each client can spawn zombies on his machine, during the early MP tests it seemed to work just fine.

That being said I've started looking into improving the code for dedicated servers, it will be a good occasion for me to tidy things up and try to reduce net traffic; me and the guys will probably run a few MP tests soon.

• Like 4

Sorry..   Addons:  Ravage, CBA, Arma Enhanced Movement

Have never had it happen with less than 4 people in the server  (that I can remember) 

Everyone in the server should have been current..   CBA and AEM both stay updated on the workshop.  I'll double check to make sure everyone installed the latest Ravage correctly and diidn't forget to do it.

I guess you should be noted that it seems to start over time. (not right from the outstart, I don't think)  I believe it was noticed after the entire squad got wiped out and we all had to respawn.

I'll try to pull more details together. I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced it.

btw, this isn't new I've had it happen occasionally over the past year or so. Could be a version issue with someone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

I believe it was noticed after the entire squad got wiped out and we all had to respawn.

Interesting detail - respawn has been causing some things to break (especially with survival) in the past.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the issue.

21 hours ago, h4kkz said:

im having a really weird fog issue on Tanoa with Ravage Apex, first day looks fine but then it starts to get more foggy and by the second day i can barely see anything but the playermodel, the "rest" function even made it worse by a lot each time i used it.

as a workaround i enabled the debugconsole via the description.ext so i can reset the fog back to a subtle level

any ideas or an already known bug?

(might attach a screenshot a little later)

If you're using the ambiant weather system on that map, don't : it doesn't behave very well with Tanoa.

Also guys, and since testing will begin soon for a new MP iteration of the mod, feel free to report any peformance issues you may have. But make sure to add some details : are you using the ambient spawner or manually placed zombies? How many zombies per player, global max limit, what other modules are being used etc...

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Also guys, and since testing will begin soon for a new MP iteration of the mod, feel free to report any peformance issues you may have. But make sure to add some details : are you using the ambient spawner or manually placed zombies? How many zombies per player, global max limit, what other modules are being used etc...

If you need any volunteers/victims to test the MP version let me know :f:

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

If you need any volunteers/victims to test the MP version let me know :f:

Be careful what you wish for......you have to undertake a bathing ritual involving milk and grapes, benson can give you the details. :whip:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cosmic10r said:

Oh no... we just went there again lolol

NDA was lifted, we can talk openly of these things now......can't we?.....oh shit, this is the main thread. :face_palm:

edit....off topic for sure, had many beers. :drinking:

Edited by Evil Organ
admission of drunkeness.....
  • Like 4

haleks, have you considered the possibility of adding more antagonists such as wolves packs? I think this would be nice addition to Ravage, no prizes on guessing where I got this idea from! lol

Update on Invisible brain deads:  Just spoke with one of the players last night. He was running a version on Ravage like 1.35 or something from last May...   So lets just say there was a version issue for now. We've got 4 players on right now and I think everything is fine. Occasionally its difficult to get some items off dead renegades, but that's all I can think of.

• Like 1

Myself, I've ran 8 player Ravage missions I've made and they seem to work fine in MP, PC hosted (Non-dedicated)- No issues with the zombies, but we use perma-death, so it could be something as a result of the respawn. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AggrOnline said:

haleks, have you considered the possibility of adding more antagonists such as wolves packs? I think this would be nice addition to Ravage, no prizes on guessing where I got this idea from! lol

Currently Arma 3 does not have any wolves as far as i know

Animals are limited to:

Sheep

goat

rabbit

chicken

dog

There is a mod which adds a few extra animals,but not sure it works anymore.

I would guess the only way of Haleks adding a feature like this in would be to retexture the dogs to look like infected/wolves and use some script like Jboy's dog script.I myself would like to see more of a hunting/animal aspect to my missions,i play ravage by "living off the land" and i usually feel bad when i kill a sheep who is too clueless to even run from infected:icon_bash:

Hey haleks thanks for for quick reply a few days ago. I am working on a mission using your mod to support lots of players like 30+ and I may have noticed a glitch.

Spawns havent been working when set to base with a respawn marker. This needs further testing on my part so I would not pay much attention to this, unless this is somthing that the mod disables. Basically making it so that you only respawn where you died.

Question about how your loot works, are all values independent of each other or should they all be set to add up to equal 100%. Anotherwards if I set them all to 100% will I get a lot of everything?

10 hours ago, redarmy said:

Currently Arma 3 does not have any wolves as far as i know

Animals are limited to:

Sheep

goat

rabbit

chicken

dog

There is a mod which adds a few extra animals,but not sure it works anymore.

I would guess the only way of Haleks adding a feature like this in would be to retexture the dogs to look like infected/wolves and use some script like Jboy's dog script.I myself would like to see more of a hunting/animal aspect to my missions,i play ravage by "living off the land" and i usually feel bad when i kill a sheep who is too clueless to even run from infected:icon_bash:

I'm experimenting with animal behaviours (once again!), and may have found a nice workaround for the lack of control that plagues them.

Obviously the AI load will be a tad heavier for each animal, but I think it will be worth it. Not going into details now, but let's say I use a basic human AI to control an animal and its animations : it should allow fleeing behaviour for rabbits and such, as well as more aggressive ones for wild dogs. I reckon I could force dogs to use the zombie behaviour or parts of it too.

It's very much WIP though, but right now I already have a semi-scripted dog that follows me everywhere with fitting animations, compatible with the group command system. I will probably focus on dogs first, as they will have a more complex routine, and then adapt the thing for other animals (rabbits, sheeps etc). If all goes well that is!

8 hours ago, Benjamin Donofrio said:

Hey haleks thanks for for quick reply a few days ago. I am working on a mission using your mod to support lots of players like 30+ and I may have noticed a glitch.

Spawns havent been working when set to base with a respawn marker. This needs further testing on my part so I would not pay much attention to this, unless this is somthing that the mod disables. Basically making it so that you only respawn where you died.

Question about how your loot works, are all values independent of each other or should they all be set to add up to equal 100%. Anotherwards if I set them all to 100% will I get a lot of everything?

Values are independant, and determine wich categorie has the most chances to spawn in a loot container : so setting everything to 100 will allow you to find everything quickly, but it will be limited to one or two loot categories per container.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, haleks said:

I'm experimenting with animal behaviours (once again!), and may have found a nice workaround for the lack of control that plagues them.

Obviously the AI load will be a tad heavier for each animal, but I think it will be worth it. Not going into details now, but let's say I use a basic human AI to control an animal and its animations : it should allow fleeing behaviour for rabbits and such, as well as more aggressive ones for wild dogs. I reckon I could force dogs to use the zombie behaviour or parts of it too.

It's very much WIP though, but right now I already have a semi-scripted dog that follows me everywhere with fitting animations, compatible with the group command system. I will probably focus on dogs first, as they will have a more complex routine, and then adapt the thing for other animals (rabbits, sheeps etc). If all goes well that is!

Values are independant, and determine wich categorie has the most chances to spawn in a loot container : so setting everything to 100 will allow you to find everything quickly, but it will be limited to one or two loot categories per container.

WOW Haleks that sounds awesome,

i played around with jboy dog script but for me it didnt work well vs zombies envoirment.(maybe i was doing it wrong)

It would be awesome to have fleeing behaviour on animals.If you need any testers you know where to look.

23 hours ago, haleks said:

If you're using the ambiant weather system on that map, don't : it doesn't behave very well with Tanoa.

oh my bad, i forgot to mention that i talked about your official demo mission for tanoa, i looked at the files and saw that the ravage atmosphere module wasnt enabled and took a shot by enabling it and that actually fixed the issue completely for me.

the vanilla demo mission of ravage apex keeps drowning me in fog after 12 ingame hours and seems to double the fog effect each time i "rest" on a tent or sleeping bag, might want to look into that? not really a pressing issue tho.

I will look into it indeed, I thought I had fixed that a few versions ago... :/