Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

Followed your installation instructions, this is the result: Maybe you should upload the older ReShade version as all thats left to download is this one: ReShade Framework 1.1.0.962

17/11/2015 23:39:32:852 [03944] | ERROR | Failed to compile effect on context 1B4B13D0:

C:\....\Arma 3\/ReShade/McFX/DOF.h(32, 89): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'iADOF_ShapeTextureSize'

Followed your installation instructions, this is the result: Maybe you should upload the older ReShade version as all thats left to download is this one: ReShade Framework 1.1.0.962

17/11/2015 23:39:32:852 [03944] | ERROR | Failed to compile effect on context 1B4B13D0:

C:\....\Arma 3\/ReShade/McFX/DOF.h(32, 89): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'iADOF_ShapeTextureSize'

@gabberxxl I have similar problem when I use ReShade+MSI Afterburner+RTSS

edit: I turn on Custom Direct3D support in RTSS and fix this problem :icon_idea:

Hi Solano :)

Which effects I can remove (Real Light don't use them) from Effect Ordering list in Pipeline.cfg

/*----------------------------.
  | ::    Effect Ordering    :: |
  '----------------------------*/
#include EFFECT(BasicFX, Util)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Util)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, Util)
#include EFFECT(McFX, Util)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Util)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, AmbientLight)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, LumaSharpen)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Deband)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Custom)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Shared)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, HDR)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, TuningPalette)
#include EFFECT(McFX, SSAO)
#include EFFECT(McFX, DOF)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Emboss)
#include EFFECT(McFX, RBM)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, TiltShift)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, AdvMotionBlur)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, MotionBlur)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, MotionFocus)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, Bloom)
#include EFFECT(McFX, HeatHaze)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Ascii)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Cartoon)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, AdaptiveSharpen)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, SMAAWrap)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Explosion)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, FXAAWrap)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Bloom)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, CA)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, AdvancedCRT)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, PixelartCRT)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, LensDistortion)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, ColorCorrection)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Cel)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Gaussian)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Paint)
#include EFFECT(McFX, FishEyeCA)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Gr8mmFilm)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Grain)
#include EFFECT(BasicFX, UIMask)
#include EFFECT(BasicFX, Border)
#include EFFECT(BasicFX, SplitScreen)
#include EFFECT(BasicFX, DisplayDepth)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Transition)

For the DOF fans of you who have errors using ReShade 1.1 - please use 1.0 instead. Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wcoujgz3qk0auv9/ReShade+Framework+1.0.0.7z

@gabberxxl I have similar problem when I use ReShade+MSI Afterburner+RTSS

edit: I turn on Custom Direct3D support in RTSS and fix this problem :icon_idea:

Hi Solano :)

Which effects I can remove (Real Light don't use them) from Effect Ordering list in Pipeline.cfg

/*----------------------------.
  | ::    Effect Ordering    :: |
  '----------------------------*/
#include EFFECT(BasicFX, Util)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Util)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, Util)
#include EFFECT(McFX, Util)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Util)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, AmbientLight)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, LumaSharpen)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Deband)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Custom)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Shared)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, HDR)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, TuningPalette)
#include EFFECT(McFX, SSAO)
#include EFFECT(McFX, DOF)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Emboss)
#include EFFECT(McFX, RBM)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, TiltShift)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, AdvMotionBlur)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, MotionBlur)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, MotionFocus)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, Bloom)
#include EFFECT(McFX, HeatHaze)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Ascii)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Cartoon)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, AdaptiveSharpen)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, SMAAWrap)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Explosion)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, FXAAWrap)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Bloom)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, CA)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, AdvancedCRT)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, PixelartCRT)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, LensDistortion)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, ColorCorrection)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Cel)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Gaussian)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Paint)
#include EFFECT(McFX, FishEyeCA)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Gr8mmFilm)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Grain)
#include EFFECT(BasicFX, UIMask)
#include EFFECT(BasicFX, Border)
#include EFFECT(BasicFX, SplitScreen)
#include EFFECT(BasicFX, DisplayDepth)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Transition)

That depends on which Edition of Real Light you use.

But I am really sure that you won´t get a performance boost or anything by deleting the effects out of there. It is more like an Index of all the effects available.

I use not much of them and only those I use get loaded and make impact.

Advanced and DOF use only 3 more effects than "normal" Rear Light version ... but thanks.

I use the Advanced DOF version and I noticed that DOF makes written text on the screen blurry, for example the ammo counter and the names of the AI guys under my control. I don't see any change in the game environment, however. Pressing [F10] removes the blurryness.

I understood that DOF would have an impact on the foreground and the background of the picture but I want the information overlay as clear as possible. (I hope I didn't mess with the config files to much and caused the problem I'm reporting. I apologise if I did.)

Seems dxtory and the reshade stuff don't get along to well, any ideas on how to resolve it? I was able to make a slight workaround by adding reshade.fx to the dxtory ignore list but if I alt tab Arma 3 crashes.

Seems dxtory and the reshade stuff don't get along to well, any ideas on how to resolve it? I was able to make a slight workaround by adding reshade.fx to the dxtory ignore list but if I alt tab Arma 3 crashes.

I've stopped using dxtory, but I did find a method that works (should work for you too). 

Close dxtory, run arma 3, alt tab out and the run dxtory. It should detect Arma3 and be able to record once you alt tab back in.  

I stopped using it because prnt screen takes screenshots just fine with reshade (saves them to A3 directory where I copy them out) and shadowplay works fine for video. Neither of these cause crashes. 

By the way, here's some of the shots I've taken using a very slightly modified version:

Collection of campaign moments:

http://imgur.com/a/fiJJx

A night with the Rifling Matters crew

http://imgur.com/a/l9Khn

• Like 1

I stopped using it because prnt screen takes screenshots just fine with reshade (saves them to A3 directory where I copy them out) and shadowplay works fine for video. Neither of these cause crashes. 

You can change screenshot key & directory.  Just add this 2 lines in Reshade.fx

- for key

#pragma reshade screenshot_key

-for directory

#pragma reshade screenshot_location "C:/......./MyScreenshots"

I use the Advanced DOF version and I noticed that DOF makes written text on the screen blurry, for example the ammo counter and the names of the AI guys under my control. I don't see any change in the game environment, however. Pressing [F10] removes the blurryness.

I understood that DOF would have an impact on the foreground and the background of the picture but I want the information overlay as clear as possible. (I hope I didn't mess with the config files to much and caused the problem I'm reporting. I apologise if I did.)

Hey man - 

If youre DOF is acting weird then I fear it is because of your customized cfg.

Although the effect also blurs the HUD unfortunately - but I believe you changed the default settings.

Had the same experience :(

What you can try is the Open Broadcast Software and record the desktop while arma is in windowed borderless mode.

Or of course use Nvidia Shadowplay if you can.

Regards

Hey Solano,any fancy new LUT's in the works?

Not at the moment unfortunately.

I really worked hard on Rich and I am really happy with that result.

Any suggestions or ideas what could be the next look?

• Like 1

Not at the moment unfortunately.

I really worked hard on Rich and I am really happy with that result.

Any suggestions or ideas what could be the next look?

No,No ideas really. I use Rich and it is basically perfect :)

Hey Solano, I saw your fine work by chance in a arma 3 vid. Looks incredible!

I installed the Real Light V6 based on the 3 instructions on the page, but unfortunately, nothing seems to be showing. The game runs, but despite pressing the scroll lock button, I see no change in any effects. Any chance you could assist?

Hey Solano, I saw your fine work by chance in a arma 3 vid. Looks incredible!

I installed the Real Light V6 based on the 3 instructions on the page, but unfortunately, nothing seems to be showing. The game runs, but despite pressing the scroll lock button, I see no change in any effects. Any chance you could assist?

I can try - 

the most common mistakes are the forgotten renaming of the dll file or the misplacing of all the files.

Do you use the 32 Bit hook (dll file) of ReShade? Because Arma is 32 Bit - so you need the 32 Bit version of ReShade:  ReShade32.dll. It has nothing to do with your OS architecture.

regards

I can try - 

the most common mistakes are the forgotten renaming of the dll file or the misplacing of all the files.

Do you use the 32 Bit hook (dll file) of ReShade? Because Arma is 32 Bit - so you need the 32 Bit version of ReShade:  ReShade32.dll. It has nothing to do with your OS architecture.

regards

Ah ok, I was using the 64 bit. When I use the 32 bit and rename. It causes my Arma 3 to crash upon after loading the addons (before main menu).

Edit: I am using Windows 10 64 bit.

I tried Horus' suggestion with the cmd to no avail. The crash issue is still present.

Ah ok, I was using the 64 bit. When I use the 32 bit and rename. It causes my Arma 3 to crash upon after loading the addons (before main menu).

Edit: I am using Windows 10 64 bit.

I tried Horus' suggestion with the cmd to no avail. The crash issue is still present.

The crash has nothing to do with any mods you use and never will.

Then it must be some sort of directX crap you are missing or something because of the young age of win 10 or so.

I really can´t say much more about it - maybe you find some hints for win 10 issues in the reshade forum on www.reshade.me.

Sorry I cant do more

Hey man - 

If youre DOF is acting weird then I fear it is because of your customized cfg.

Although the effect also blurs the HUD unfortunately - but I believe you changed the default settings.

Thanks for your reply. I have purchased a new screen, recently. As I don't have a calibration tool I changed the default settngs according to recommendations in various reviews and I must say that this significantly improved the image qualitiy. Starting ArmA for the first time with these settings - without RealLight - was very good. The grey shade of the vanila game was much less noticable than on my old screen which I had always used with its default settings.

But of course I wanted to try Real Light again. In order to get rid of any errors I may have caused when messing around with the config I deleted my previous installation of ReShade and started again from scratch. This time I got ReShade version 1.1 and Real Light 6.2 basic to avoid the blurry HUD. I tried all available LUTs again and I found it extremely difficult to decide which one I liked most. Some of the LUTs differ only very subtly and I had to take time to appreciate the differences. My current choice is "rich". So far I have only tested on Altis and Stratis, by the way.

Thanks for your reply. I have purchased a new screen, recently. As I don't have a calibration tool I changed the default settngs according to recommendations in various reviews and I must say that this significantly improved the image qualitiy. Starting ArmA for the first time with these settings - without RealLight - was very good. The grey shade of the vanila game was much less noticable than on my old screen which I had always used with its default settings.

But of course I wanted to try Real Light again. In order to get rid of any errors I may have caused when messing around with the config I deleted my previous installation of ReShade and started again from scratch. This time I got ReShade version 1.1 and Real Light 6.2 basic to avoid the blurry HUD. I tried all available LUTs again and I found it extremely difficult to decide which one I liked most. Some of the LUTs differ only very subtly and I had to take time to appreciate the differences. My current choice is "rich". So far I have only tested on Altis and Stratis, by the way.

Thanks for your nice compliments Alpha.

Some differ very slightly - that is true.

It is always hard to make presets like this because people sometimes never set their display - set it wrong or based on one game and leave their display settings like this forever. "It looked awesome in Game A - I´ll keep it forever".

The only quick and dirty help I can provide is this little image here: http://videopilot.link/data/qg.png

11:59 (clock reference) should be pure white. All areas before that should be slightly grey. 12 o´clock should be black and white touching each other. If you set your monitor with this in regard than you have a really quick and dirty way to balance your contrast.

It may surprise the one or the other but this is a clipping free display of colors.

And with this Real Light works best - but for the Rich Lut - it has three versions in the download with different strong to weak editions to match most of the displays out there.

I always create the LUTs on Altis/Stratis and finetune them there. Some other maps may work or not work but it is always graded on the official Arma 3 Maps. Although it can work on others of course. Rich works pretty well on most maps.

Another thing most people don´t know is the Full RGB Mode in their NVidia settings. I wrote about it here on the download Section http://sh8.videopilot.link/arma3/real-light-v6/#downloadunder "important note".

Regards

The Nvidia color setting is also buggy as hell for many people. I guess I don't run full RGB mode because I got pissed off to change it all the time.

Would it be remiss of me to suggest color-shaded LUTs? I'm thinking light red-orange, dull 'Matrix' green, et cetera. I've sort of created a green by combining ravage with the Mediterranean post-process effect, but it wasn't quite right. I also wouldn't mind seeing a LUT that makes the sky nearly white.

Would it be remiss of me to suggest color-shaded LUTs? I'm thinking light red-orange, dull 'Matrix' green, et cetera. I've sort of created a green by combining ravage with the Mediterranean post-process effect, but it wasn't quite right. I also wouldn't mind seeing a LUT that makes the sky nearly white.

I welcome every input you guys have!

This one is no exception - thanks for that. These are cool ideas. A desertish look is definitely an option to do next.

I will see what I can do - maybe I can do it before christmas.

Regards

Oh wonderful. Say how does one post screenshots here? I can't seem to drag or paste or attach. It's a bummer because I want to share the pictures I've taken with some of these LUTs.