Cype_Revenge

[WIP] Terrain Diyala province Iraq

If it helps any, the issue seems to be linked to the trees. Look away from the palm trees: 55-60 fps, look at the trees 15-20 fps and my 970 starts heating up.

Thanks good to know

Oh and I'm not sure if this is something you can fix or a Bohemia side glitch, but none of the roads have any footstep sounds. But FPS problems aside, this map is great.

EDIT: Btw, theres lots of invisible holes in the river. If you drive boat over the hole, it just falls right through it to the bottom.

arrgggghh found it, my mistake :rolleyes:

war_lord roads are automatically generated from TerrainBuilder i can check but i think its a BIS Bug :huh:

• Like 1

Yeah the palm trees (as pretty as they are) are a bit much and kill fps in multi-player. Nam, bornholm etc have all had the same issue and had to remove alot of them.

Cool map tho. Can't wait until someone indexes it for ALiVE :)

• Like 3

Love the map!

Are you planning on improving on it? Like performance wise.

Really like this, very unique feel as opposed to some of the Taki type maps. Are there any holes in that darn airport perimeter fence!? Thats a damn long run to get to an entrance :P

Really like this, very unique feel as opposed to some of the Taki type maps. Are there any holes in that darn airport perimeter fence!? Thats a damn long run to get to an entrance :P

If in doubt, C4

• Like 4

First of all I'd just like to say the only person who needs to be satisfied vis-a-vis performance-vs-beauty is the map creator. Having said that, the palms do appear to have a significant impact, if I place a unit in the most built-up area (not especially palm-heavy), looking at a market (with many props) I get around 25.5fps (1500VD, Max-IQ). If I remove the palms.pbo that goes up to 30.5fps (+20%).

This suggests a situation that might be improved by further optimizing a single item of vegetation (i.e. adding more LODs). I would respectfully suggest you share the sources for the palms.pbo to see if anyone in the community can assist with optimization.

• Like 2

First of all I'd just like to say the only person who needs to be satisfied vis-a-vis performance-vs-beauty is the map creator. Having said that, the palms do appear to have a significant impact, if I place a unit in the most built-up area (not especially palm-heavy), looking at a market (with many props) I get around 25.5fps (1500VD, Max-IQ). If I remove the palms.pbo that goes up to 30.5fps (+20%).

This suggests a situation that might be improved by further optimizing a single item of vegetation (i.e. adding more LODs). I would respectfully suggest you share the sources for the palms.pbo to see if anyone in the community can assist with optimization.

I don't think  I can agree with your first sentence. Cype didn't announce this map and repeatedly preview it during construction, and then release it, with the intent that it exist only to be screenshotted. I think that, when a map is designed to be played, it's the end-users duty to give feedback concerning issues that effect playability. Bug reports are never an impolite thing, unless someone uses poor phrasing.

• Like 1

Holy Christ I've just played around over there and... I don't even know what to say Mr. Cype, this is just insane...

I'm so amazed that I think I should retire from map making because there's no way I can get there... I mean, my stuff can't compete with this...

This is a really well made terrain, filled with details and stuff... so alive that I can feel the hot sand through my sh*tty computer, and no, my CPU's not overheating... it's the greatness of your work.

Congratulations.

I just don't like some buildings but new, legendary, classic, groundbreaking, divine ones will come... One day.

• Like 4

Love the map!

Are you planning on improving on it? Like performance wise.

yeah i check what i can do to ingrease fps a few %

i add some more holes in the first update :)

thanks guys

• Like 2

Ace3 fence bolt cutters :)

• Like 3

Great map..

My performance was reasonable around the airfield. 45-70 fps with avg around 50ish.

Made myself a quick take the airfield and Al Rassa mission.

Really great job of placement and atmosphere

Great map..

My performance was reasonable around the airfield. 45-70 fps with avg around 50ish.

Made myself a quick take the airfield and Al Rassa mission.

Really great job of placement and atmosphere

thanks cosmic :)

Amazing job, really impressed with the amount of detail.  Do you have any plans to make this CUP terrain compatible as JBAD is quite a large independent dependency? Would love to play MP on this. 

• Like 1

Amazing job, really impressed with the amount of detail.  Do you have any plans to make this CUP terrain compatible as JBAD is quite a large independent dependency? Would love to play MP on this. 

maybe in future when Jbad Buildings are inserted in Cup

Hi Cype_Revenge.

Please allow me to congratulate you and your collaborators on one of the most beautiful, detailed, naturalistic and immersive maps I've ever seen. Unfortunately it is also by far the most demanding map I've ever seen, as you're no doubt sick of hearing by now. Definitely mainly due to the abundance of the highly detailed palms in many areas.

Apart from that, the only problems I have are with the water shaders, which have rather strange reflection issues that I've not seen in other pond objects in Arma3.    

I really hope you keep up the development of this map, it's an instant classic and with a bit of optimisation will become a user favourite I'm sure.

• Like 1

Hi Cype_Revenge.

Please allow me to congratulate you and your collaborators on one of the most beautiful, detailed, naturalistic and immersive maps I've ever seen. Unfortunately it is also by far the most demanding map I've ever seen, as you're no doubt sick of hearing by now. Definitely mainly due to the abundance of the highly detailed palms in many areas.

Apart from that, the only problems I have are with the water shaders, which have rather strange reflection issues that I've not seen in other pond objects in Arma3.    

I really hope you keep up the development of this map, it's an instant classic and with a bit of optimisation will become a user favourite I'm sure.

Thanks tpw!

i only working on the Terrain...one man Army :D

(a friend helps me a lot with the palms)

the water its on my prioritylist and i hope i can fix all issues soon as possible :)

• Like 1

Hi, i like this map is awesome. I wonder what is the worldName of the map, name of terrain ?

Hi, i like this map is awesome. I wonder what is the worldName of the map, name of terrain ?

the realplace? :huh:

the realplace? :huh:

I think he's asking what the correct name would be for if he was making a mission.

Example: My_amazing_mission.diyala

He wants to know the worldname.

I think he's asking what the correct name would be for if he was making a mission.

Example: My_amazing_mission.diyala

He wants to know the worldname.

yeah maybe lol :D

yourmissionname.DYA

• Like 2

Hi, thanks it's a very nice map, good work loving it. Now figure out what to make on it :D

Will you add Some more fob points? I don't have enough space in my scenario on the AirPort :p