Cype_Revenge

[WIP] Terrain Diyala province Iraq

I have done some testing with alive and trying to index the mission and for what ever reason when it starts to index it crashes arma 3.  I tried to dePBO the files and they say there corrupt.  I tried re downloading and still got the same results so im not sure if it was something done on purpose to try and protect it or what but currently I cannot figure out anyway to index it.  Have spoken with some alive devs and trying to figure it out.  This terrain looks fantastic and the best part its something new to explore and was done exceptionally well!

• Like 1

On my way back up to my base camp in Basrah, Iraq, yesterday I paid a lot of attention to the atmospherics and ambience and will stick with what I mentioned already, the whole country has a dusty feel about it, is there any way you can replicate this on the map, a subtle dust cloud a bit like the Mogadishu map, but not as intense ? 

I've actually reduced my the saturation and contrast down a tad as well to give the buildings a more of a "bleached" look,as opposed to the crisp and green look, the majority of the date palm trees over here and caked in dust, and have a really dirty look about them, and not as green as they are, they can be after it pisses down with rain, but generally everything in this part of the world is covered in fine powdery dust!.

I'm back on my laptop too so performance wise I'll not get to see the map in it's full glory again till I get home in 3 months time.

• Like 4

Will you add Some more fob points? I don't have enough space in my scenario on the AirPort :P

I think it will be too much Military arereas for a map what is only 8x8km...

I have done some testing with alive and trying to index the mission and for what ever reason when it starts to index it crashes arma 3.  I tried to dePBO the files and they say there corrupt.  I tried re downloading and still got the same results so im not sure if it was something done on purpose to try and protect it or what but currently I cannot figure out anyway to index it.  Have spoken with some alive devs and trying to figure it out.  This terrain looks fantastic and the best part its something new to explore and was done exceptionally well!

the pbo´s are not corrupt.

I think the problem is, as written in the first I obfuscated the pbo with Mikeros pbopro tool, so only me can open it (sry for that :( )

just that no one from the lifers can steal so easy my work.

Alive Index need dewrp to open the wrp file, maybe when trying it crashes.

I will contact the alive devs, on first Update the Map will it compatible with Alive.

On my way back up to my base camp in Basrah, Iraq, yesterday I paid a lot of attention to the atmospherics and ambience and will stick with what I mentioned already, the whole country has a dusty feel about it, is there any way you can replicate this on the map, a subtle dust cloud a bit like the Mogadishu map, but not as intense ? 

I've actually reduced my the saturation and contrast down a tad as well to give the buildings a more of a "bleached" look,as opposed to the crisp and green look, the majority of the date palm trees over here and caked in dust, and have a really dirty look about them, and not as green as they are, they can be after it pisses down with rain, but generally everything in this part of the world is covered in fine powdery dust!.

I'm back on my laptop too so performance wise I'll not get to see the map in it's full glory again till I get home in 3 months time.

i will check the Mogadishu map and maybe i contact the creator, i think its only a lightning config thing.....

now i use the vanilla Altis lightning config, and BIS has changed it several times lately ;)

• Like 3

For sure mate, very difficult to keep maps up to date especially with the up and coming changes for the Tanoa release, it's just food for thought for you, to give the map some alternative ambience. ;)

• Like 3

it's just food for thought for you, to give the map some alternative ambience. ;)

yeah all suggestions are welcome ,maybe in future i will try other settings and see what comes out.

thanks

• Like 3

Hi, how do i open the bar gate on the map, FOB Isaqi ?

Using Show ID's in the Editor to get building number
Placing two GameLogics, Type Objects

create a GameLogic named Rgate
init: Rgate=position this nearestObject 361998;Rgate animate ["DoorR",1];

create a Gamelogic named Lgate
init: Lgate=position this nearestObject 361998;Lgate animate ["DoorL",1]; 

I figured it out..

Phenomenal map!  It looks like it will be great for small unit actions and Insurgency style missions.  I am really looking forward to it being ALiVE compatible. 
Until then I think some MCC/Zeus missions are in order for my unit :)

• Like 5

For sure mate, very difficult to keep maps up to date especially with the up and coming changes for the Tanoa release, it's just food for thought for you, to give the map some alternative ambience. ;)

You could always run MKY sandstorm script and choose how thick the dust clouds are :)

• Like 1

You could always run MKY sandstorm script and choose how thick the dust clouds are :)

I have never been able to get this working well on single player missions, it's designed more for multiplayer servers than single players.

It's a good script, there's something like it in MCC sandbox I believe ?

I have never been able to get this working well on single player missions, it's designed more for multiplayer servers than single players.

It's a good script, there's something like it in MCC sandbox I believe ?

Strange, I could only get it working in single player when I wanted multi-player lol. Swap!!!

The sandstorm on mcc is way to orange it seems like a different planet :) if there was a way to edit mcc one to be less intense maybe it would be better.

Why is this not on PWS yet?.... or am I looking the wrong way?

• Like 1

Hi, how do i open the bar gate on the map, FOB Isaqi ?

Using Show ID's in the Editor to get building number
Placing two GameLogics, Type Objects

create a GameLogic named Rgate
init: Rgate=position this nearestObject 361998;Rgate animate ["DoorR",1];

create a Gamelogic named Lgate
init: Lgate=position this nearestObject 361998;Lgate animate ["DoorL",1]; 

I figured it out..

What exactly does this do? I tried adding it the way you described with two game logics and all I have is the option to manually open this gate with either the on-screen door symbol or through the add action.

I personally prefer to add my own gates that can open automatically with a trigger when BLUFOR is detected but the object needs to be named in order to do that. Even with this, assuming I did it right, I'd still need to physically get out of my vehicle and manually open the gate, correct?

Is there anyway this gate can be removed so we can add our own?

I'd still need to physically get out of my vehicle and manually open the gate

Too much realism?

• Like 3

Good morning, as i am us to the older maps i figure out that you need a code to open the bar gate so this give you a door symbol. But don't need it on this map, it's already a door symbol on the bar gate in the map. :rolleyes:

But i think you can use the ID of the bar gate to do a automatic opener of the gate with a trigger, but dont no 100% so i have to check up on that.

Why is this not on PWS yet?.... or am I looking the wrong way?

I have it on Playwithsix it is called @diyala_province. If you go to "Browse" in the mods section and enter that into search field it should come up.

BTW love the detail on the map, Thank you for the effort you put in. I like the way the towns are densely built up and just far enough apart to be counted separately. 

• Like 3

Too much realism?

Good morning, as i am us to the older maps i figure out that you need a code to open the bar gate so this give you a door symbol. But don't need it on this map, it's already a door symbol on the bar gate in the map. :rolleyes:

But i think you can use the ID of the bar gate to do a automatic opener of the gate with a trigger, but dont no 100% so i have to check up on that.

Haha! Yeah good call. That was funny.

I'm just not used to having to get my lazy ass out the truck. If anyone has a method of getting it to open when it detects BLUFOR or even just lifting it up general I'd appreciate.

Otherwise I'll just get out and open it myself. :)

This is probably the best map I've ever seen. That water monument or drainage thing or whatever that is...wow, just wow.

all bar gate are original from Arma 3...

I have it on Playwithsix it is called @diyala_province. If you go to "Browse" in the mods section and enter that into search field it should come up.

BTW love the detail on the map, Thank you for the effort you put in. I like the way the towns are densely built up and just far enough apart to be counted separately. 

added the link to PWS on first page Thanks PenguininATuxedo ;)

Haha! Yeah good call. That was funny.

I'm just not used to having to get my lazy ass out the truck. If anyone has a method of getting it to open when it detects BLUFOR or even just lifting it up general I'd appreciate.

Otherwise I'll just get out and open it myself. :)

This is probably the best map I've ever seen. That water monument or drainage thing or whatever that is...wow, just wow.

Water monument? you mean the irrigationcanal?

small video flying over Diyala

• Like 1

There is an elevated market/shop building (from JBad) directly southwest of the Malik Al Molk Mosque. In this building, if you kill a bad guy, his body falls through the floor and becomes invisible. It's a small bug but it's sort of immersion breaking. Just FYI.

ok thanks i report it to M1lkm8n,

knowing issues with the Markets, when you shot a few clips the entrire Building is going down. :D

This map is absolutely fantastic.   I love the little bits you placed everywhere.  Such detail really makes it look like a "real" place.

PM inbound.

• Like 2

Hello, good day. So i figured out that i was eager to play this map Diyala province Iraq, i rented a server. This is so nice map that it's worth to rent a server, thank you for your time. :)

Server Name: Infinity V Servers Diyala |=IVS=||NEED DIYALA MAP|[steam for Mods]

Server IP: 108.61.120.68:2302

Hope you will enjoy this mission as much as i do. I haw change the location to Miami for better server connection.

Yeah I agree with everyone here. This is probably my favorite map ever made for Arma 3.

I've been building a mission in preperatration for the ALiVE indexing and it's just an absolute pleasure to take a stroll around. I can't believe how much detail you packed in here. And the sounds you've used are incredible.

Thanks so much.

This map is soooo fu***** awesome, the details,the terrain, amazing. We played yesterday out first mission there.

Thank you so much for taking your time to create this map. 

The only request i have, if valid, is there a second runway execpt for the main airport ? it would be nice if theres somewhere a airstrip for the bad guys.  

E7021C087AFC19CF812FF7F1AC78A36A0662C40A

F01CF40EEF1BC1C3FFF6D33AA7B01C50FD241A37

BEECECC8DF1FFCFF8577791B6D82C52C13D4722C

• Like 1

This map is the best custom Arma 3 map ever.. I don't know what kind of maps we see in the future but right now Diyala map is by far the best one.

Thank you for this masterpiece!

I'm trying to join this server and it keeps saying my JBad signature doesn't match. I've re-subscribed in steam workshop.

How can I fix this?

Hello, good day. So i figured out that i was eager to play this map Diyala province Iraq, i rented a server. This is so nice map that it's worth to rent a server, thank you for your time. :)

Server Name: 81st Infantry Division |BMR Insurgency Diyala| [steam for Mods]

Server IP: 173.199.100.102:2302

Hope you will enjoy this mission as much as i do.

• Like 1