Sign in to follow this  
Col. Kurtz

The sniper saga

This guy is a legend.... except for shooting random people part, but otherwise he is one funny dude..... smile.gif

This guy must not visit the gun shops alot.Because the gun shop i go to has an 50 caliber it's really light ,also with sniper scope.But it does cost 5,000 bucks,probably without scope though..So this guy probably bought his gun at wal-mart.

Could this be a middle east terrorist though ?  Or some whack job that justt went nuts,but doesn't seem like it,because the media keeps saying that he doesn't kill on sat. and sun. .So he must have a family.Soo probably not a middle east terrorist.Probably a white terrorist.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Oct. 15 2002,14:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This guy is a legend.... except for shooting random people part, but otherwise he is one funny dude.....  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif

Another shooting linked to the sniper:

Woman killed outside a Home Depot last night. Total to 9 dead.

As far as I know its not confirmed yet, but it most likley it, who else shoots an old woman pushing a shopping cart.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ Oct. 15 2002,16:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As far as I know its not confirmed yet, but it most likley it, who else shoots an old woman pushing a shopping cart.<span id='postcolor'>

one sick m!@#$% f!@#$% will.

Rest Assured everyone,

Whenever he gets caught, he'll be getting the Death Penalty!

(by firing squad, preferrably) biggrin.gif

I'd be seriously pissed if he gets the 'life in prison' Pansy sentence. mad.gif

MJM

The death penalty is not offered in all 50 states, and to my understanding, less than half the states use it. It dependes what state hes tried in. Personaly, I'd rather have the death penaly than serve life in prison.

well to ceratin extent, life in prison is harsher than death. you are confined to a cell, and your cellmate might consider you his girlfriend.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">RalphWiggum Posted on Oct. 15 2002,11wow.gif4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well to ceratin extent, life in prison is harsher than death. you are confined to a cell, and your cellmate might consider you his girlfriend. <span id='postcolor'>

To a certain extent? Being some bubba's bitch would be a lot worse than being executed. Do they even have cell mates anymore?

EDIT:RalphWiggum: bad word choice

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well to ceratin extent, life in prison is harsher than death. you are confined to a cell, and your cellmate might consider you his girlfriend.

<span id='postcolor'>

This is true. But the way I see it, Law abiding citizens who pay taxs are paying to keep him alive and breathing.

I say, gas him, bury him, and be done with him, end of story.

But thats just me. tounge.gif

Although, the thought of him being butt slammed while he screams in agony in jail does put a smile on my face.

He-He smile.gif

(my apologies to that last comment, if that offends anyone)

Or we could strap him to a chair, and hack his limbs partway off every hour, and put tar on his stubs so he dosen't bleed to death, the he can live the last couple days of his life in extream pain.

Or, we could use Howard Stern's Timothy Mcvay cure. Crazy glue his balls to the floor of an all wood room with the door left open, then hand him a pair of sissors, and start the room on fire.

*sigh*

Death penalty is never a solution... NE-VER!

Death penalty is nothing more than bloodthirst, it's not a solution and it never will be a solution. Make this guy run in one of those wheels (like the toys for hamsters), he can produce some electricity (sp?) this way. It's cheap and good for nature...

Why is it never a solution?

Are you one of those people that think that killing a killer is "going down to their level?"

Or is killing just not severe enough smile.gif (I hope the latter)

Another thought that occured to me:

If get s life in prison, he'll do approx 40-45 years for good behaviour. (In most states)

(i.e. If he keeps his mouth shut, and takes the rapings with gentle good humor tounge.gif )

At that time, he'll be released, and most likely kill another 10 people...

If we waste him at the beginning, the threat of him killing again is reduced to 0%.

If he has mental problems (and he very well may have some), he may not get prison at all. He'd get thrown into a psychiatric institution until he gets better (if ever), and once he is well enough to understand what he has done, he'll be tried again.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 15 2002,18:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If he has mental problems (and he very well may have some), he may not get prison at all. He'd get thrown into a psychiatric institution until he gets better (if ever), and once he is well enough to understand what he has done, he'll be tried again.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, I don't think you can be tried again once if they find that you were mentally unbalanced. Once you get better in the hostpital, you will be released.

That is a good thing because it would not be his fault if it were out of his mental control.

That woman killed at the home depot was an FBI employee.

An FBI analyst who studied terror threats is the latest victim of the Washington-area sniper

-=Die Alive=-

Its good they didn't single out OFP. smile.gif

On another note, I do have confidence that the police/FBI will catch up to him and puts him where he belongs.

MJM

yea scary shit especially the last shooting at that home depot... that's about 3miles from my house. well one thing's for sure--if he gets tried here in virginia, he'll definitely get the death penalty. we have the 2nd highest # of death penalties per year, can you guess who has the #1? lol i dont think maryland has the death penalty... either way i just hope they catch him soon so we can go on with our lives as normal

Just a few comments.

Death penalty is actually much more expensive on the tax payers than life imprisonment. And yes that is true.

Once a criminal is found unable to stand trial due to mental instability, they are not tried again for the same crime (ie "double jeopardy"). That is to say there is a hearing to see if the defendant is "able" to stand trial. If not they go to a psyche ward. If they are then they stand trail where they can try the insanity defense. If that succeeds they are sent to a psyche ward, most likely not to get out any time soon (see Mark David Chapman and David Berkowitz).

If they are found guilty and the insanity defense fails, they are sent to prison or given the death penalty (depending on state and crime).

If sent to prison, the likelyhood is that he will get life without parole. Most states have strict laws on such crimes, especially taking into account the number of victims, and the nature of the killings.

Nah, he'll probably be tried in Maryland since he's scored most of his kills in Maryland.

I don't think we have a death penalty here in Maryland.

Just listened TooL today (my favourite band smile.gif) and I was a bit surprised when I heard these words, I usually don't listen the lyrics very carefully.

Consequences dictate

our course of action

and it doesn't matter what's right.

It's only wrong if you get caught.

If consequences dictate

my course of action

I should play GOD

and shoot you myself.

I'm very tired of waiting.

Gotta go to sleep now...

From http://www.knoxnews.com/kns....00.html

Local psychologist believes sniper kills done by terrorists

By J.J. Stambaugh, News-Sentinel staff writer

October 15, 2002

The recent sniper shootings in the Washington, D.C., area are probably terrorist attacks rather than the work of a traditional "spree killer," according to a local psychologist who specializes in violent behavior.

Dr. Helen Smith, a forensic psychologist and author of the book "The Scarred Heart," earned her doctorate from the University of Tennessee in 1994. She often is called to testify as an expert witness in Juvenile Court proceedings; in "The Scarred Heart," she dedicated a chapter to the 1997 Lillelid murder case in Greene County, and she is currently making a documentary on the slayings.

"This is most likely a terrorist act, that's my take on it," Smith said of the D.C.-area shootings, which began Oct. 2 and have claimed the lives of eight people so far. "It's not typical, it just doesn't really meet any of the profiles we look at."

While law enforcement officials say they aren't releasing detailed information about the shootings because of concerns about tipping off possible suspects, Smith said the very nature of the attacks sets them apart from other instances of mass homicide.

"It looks to me like there's more than one person involved, and spree killers generally act alone," she said. "They will normally be in their thirties or forties, male, unemployed - a loner type. Usually, there's also a divorce or other relationship problem.

"But my guess is that there's more than person operating here, a driver and the person doing the shooting. There might even be different teams."

According to Smith, the apparently random nature of the shootings may provide clues as to the shooter's motivations. Serial killers, for instance, tend to single out people of a specific gender, age and ethnic group and often try to strike up a rapport with their prospective victims, Smith said.

"Serial killers are usually practiced and accomplished at what they do, they have normal and acceptable social behavior," she said. "They are usually sexually motivated. They'll get into a fantasy world where they fantasize about a certain kind of person: co-eds, (Playboy) Bunnies, or even homosexual boys, as in the case of Jeffrey Dahmer.

"But spree killers are obviously not getting to know their victims. It's a distance thing - they're disassociating themselves from their victims."

Smith mentioned the 1966 case of Charles Whitman, who shot and killed 14 people and injured dozens more from the top of the University of Texas Tower in Austin as an example of a traditional spree killer: someone who engages in a short, violent killing spree that generally ends with their own death or capture.

According to Smith, the real target of the sniper or snipers in the Washington area is the larger community rather than individuals.

"The anger's not toward the victims, it's toward the community," she said. "People use guns because you can step back, make it impersonal. They're probably not even seeing these people as actual people, but as things or objects used to further their goal, whatever their goal is."

Smith also said the degree of planning, skill and patience needed to sustain the attacks for an extended period of time also leads her to suspect terrorists.

"This is too calculated," she said. "It's cool, it's calm, and it's from a distance. It doesn't sound like the work of a maniac."

Smith also speculated that the investigating police agencies aren't publicly commenting on the possibility that terrorists are behind the shootings because they don't want to hurt the public's morale.

"They're not giving us much information," she said. "They don't want to tell us that because they don't want people to panic ."

No matter what the facts of the case ultimately turn out to be, Smith said one thing is obvious: The shooter or shooters enjoy the attention they're getting.

"This is a person who wants power over the population at large," she said. "They are watching the news . They do a hit and then go home and watch it on TV."