Sign in to follow this  
Col. Kurtz

The sniper saga

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ Oct. 13 2002,12:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, i've got a question (it's a bit offtopic): Anybody knows what U.S. law enforcement agency is using the HK G36? Yesterday while i was watching the news i saw 2 guys with G36's patrolling near the crime scene, but i didn't see if they were FBI or cops.<span id='postcolor'>

I know for a fact that both the FBI and U.S. Capitol Police have G36s.

action10cappoliceg36.jpg

If I was that guy I'd keep going and go down in a blaze of glory when they finaly get me. I'd rather die in a gunfight than get a 500 year prison sentance, or be executed.

From http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/South/10/13/sniper.hoax/index.html

Restaurant manager charged in sniper hoax

Sunday, October 13, 2002 Posted: 11:16 PM EDT (0316 GMT)

STAFFORD, Virginia (CNN) -- A restaurant manager was arrested Sunday for allegedly calling in a fake report of a sniper on a shopping center roof because, police say, he "wanted a day off."

Richard L. Jones, 25, is charged under a new state statute against reporting a false terroristic threat, filing a false report, and obstruction of justice.

Stafford County Sheriff Charles Jett said the department received an anonymous 911 call around 8:50 a.m. Sunday claiming a man was on the roof of the North Stafford Shopping Center with a rifle. The shopping center is half a mile away from Interstate 95, in a community between two cities where the sniper has struck.

Emergency officials rushed to the scene, cordoned off a large area, and evacuated five businesses that were already open.

A short time later, police received a call from a restaurant manager asking for their guidance on what to do with employees and whether the restaurant should close. Police say the call came from the same number as the original 911 call.

A search of the shopping center and the area turned up no sign of anyone with a rifle. Detectives then began questioning Jones, the manager, who first denied making the 911 call but later admitted to it, Jett said.

The sheriff said Jones admitted to making the false claim because he had been working long hours and has been living in his car.

"He wanted a day off to find a place to live," Jett said. "He knew by our response we would take it very seriously and probably close the business."

Jones, whose last known address is Woodbridge, Virginia, is now being held in a local jail. Investigators plan to meet with the sheriff's department to see whether any other charges should be filed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 14 2002,08:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A short time later, police received a call from a restaurant manager asking for their guidance on what to do with employees and whether the restaurant should close. Police say the call came from the same number as the original 911 call.<span id='postcolor'>

What an idiot...surely you'd have enough sense to make the anonymous tipoff from a payphone and then move on. Not to mention the chaos he caused. Hope they nail this jackoff to the fullest extent of the law.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Oct. 14 2002,08:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 14 2002,08:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A short time later, police received a call from a restaurant manager asking for their guidance on what to do with employees and whether the restaurant should close. Police say the call came from the same number as the original 911 call.<span id='postcolor'>

What an idiot...surely you'd have enough sense to make the anonymous tipoff from a payphone and then move on. Not to mention the chaos he caused. Hope they nail this jackoff to the fullest extent of the law.<span id='postcolor'>

He will not be caught, he will be gunned down by the cops.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Oct. 12 2002,16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Except this guy isn't a sniper. He's operating from a vehicle, which means another sniper is useless. A SWAT QRF would be much more effective, and Im sure they have several on standby in the area. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some guys from the FBI HRT were around.

But really, this isn't a fuckin war, and having another sniper operating in urban or suburban areas during peacetime is not only ludicrous, but impractical. It's a nice romantic notion, but in this situation it's a dumb idea.<span id='postcolor'>

Except he is a sniper. The cops found matted grass where he probably layed near the death card they found at the school shooting. A nickname I heard was "Beltway Sniper" which makes sense.

In my political science class on friday the teacher had written on the board "Welcome to the Washington-Metro Area. Sniper free for 1 day(s)" Then he announced the Fredericksburg shooting and went back to the board and erased 1 and wrote 0. It was pretty funny.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sweeper @ Oct. 14 2002,11:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Oct. 14 2002,08:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 14 2002,08:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A short time later, police received a call from a restaurant manager asking for their guidance on what to do with employees and whether the restaurant should close. Police say the call came from the same number as the original 911 call.<span id='postcolor'>

What an idiot...surely you'd have enough sense to make the anonymous tipoff from a payphone and then move on. Not to mention the chaos he caused. Hope they nail this jackoff to the fullest extent of the law.<span id='postcolor'>

He will not be caught, he will be gunned down by the cops.<span id='postcolor'>

Gunned down for making a false report? Wow, extreme...

Media are going over board with this one again as they normally do! Did you know that 8 kids die each week in the USA due to guns? How come they dont go out and report that?

Becuase those 8 children arn't killed by the same person. They are mostly individual acts. With this, its one person, and they are striking terror into the hearts of the people living in the area that the attacks are taking place in. You hear that a 10 year old was shot by a 9 nyear old becuase they had a falling out, tragic. You hear that the guy down the street was sniped at the petrol station a few hundred yards down the street, the most recent of many attacks, you fair that you could be next. You fear that when you go out that door that a sniper might have you sights zeroed in on you. Someone shoots someone else beucase they dont like them/accident/were a bit crazy, thats a tragic single act, but tis not likely to happen again. This sniper is on the loose and still killing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Audie Murphy @ Oct. 14 2002,03:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In my political science class on friday the teacher had written on the board "Welcome to the Washington-Metro Area.  Sniper free for 1 day(s)" Then he announced the Fredericksburg shooting and went back to the board and erased 1 and wrote 0.  It was pretty funny.<span id='postcolor'>

Nothing funny about it -- your teacher is an idiot. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 14 2002,17:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Audie Murphy @ Oct. 14 2002,03wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In my political science class on friday the teacher had written on the board "Welcome to the Washington-Metro Area.  Sniper free for 1 day(s)" Then he announced the Fredericksburg shooting and went back to the board and erased 1 and wrote 0.  It was pretty funny.<span id='postcolor'>

Nothing funny about it -- your teacher is an idiot. mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Totally agree. Most ppl dont understand how serious the situation is. When we watch the news on tv or read it over the net, we see numbers, but think that those numbers are ppl who had an individual life......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Chill Posted on Oct. 14 2002,15:30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media are going over board with this one again as they normally do! Did you know that 8 kids die each week in the USA due to guns? How come they dont go out and report that? <span id='postcolor'>

Chill, read a few of these:

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcInfoBase.asp?CatID=43

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Oct. 15 2002,02:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Chill Posted on Oct. 14 2002,15:30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media are going over board with this one again as they normally do! Did you know that 8 kids die each week in the USA due to guns? How come they dont go out and report that? <span id='postcolor'>

Chill, read a few of these:

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcInfoBase.asp?CatID=43<span id='postcolor'>

unfortunatly, it doesn't always end ware the bad guy gets shot, and the good guy is saved. way i see it, if somebody wants a gun bad enough they'll get it no matter what type of gun it is or if guns are illeagle or not, they should just make maditory public weapons training, and fire arm safety, and not to mention to at least make sure gun shops do a back round check on every customer and anyone whom spent any jail time should not permitted to ever own any kinda fire arm and include a trigger lock with any weapon. if every state would follow that there would be some change at least.

Prolly some OFP reject who couldnt hack it in a clan. Had to pick up a real gun to shut the 12 y/o boys beatin him. Sick demented punk. Some1 find out if the victims played ofp lol. J/K.

Kevin

Next thing they do is ban OPF and all FPS games. I will not be suprised!

shooting random people and claiming he is god? definitely a counterstrike player...

LMAO yea that is way to counter strike my fault. OFP player would write a note somethin along the lines of.</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Police are campers WHA WHA WHA. Do you ever move!<span id='postcolor'>

Because us OFP players like to complain. We havent got to pretending were god yet.

Kevin

By the way, there's been another fatality in Falls Church, Virginia. A woman was shot at a Home Depot home improvement store.

Oh man. It looks like this sniper meant what he said when he said that he is god. Noone seems to be able to stop him.

let me remind members that this thread SHOULD NOT turn into gun control debate.

anyway, he is not a god. police don't have Stasi-like control over our society and we can't monitor everyone's move. so he has more degree of freedom. and he only needs to get another car to drive around.

Sorry Ralph but I got to see this. If you where watching cnn this afternoon, there was this guy saying that they should stop looking among ex snipers or soldiers, but focus on common ppl as game like (I thought he was gonna say ofp) SILENT SCOPE (that arcade game that u play in the arcade place LOL) well train in shooting and give enuf practise to be a good marksman/sniper. I was glad my dad wasnt home watching, he would freaking think that I am gonna turn into a killer just cuz I play a videogame (ofp). I hope some1 cathes the killer. He is an idiot. If he is not happy with life, he should suicide. If any1 of u see him, shoot him or beat him up please.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ Oct. 15 2002,07:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If any1 of u see him, shoot him or beat him up please.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I already tried. He must work out or something though, becuase he was alot stronger than he looked. tounge.gif

why blame video games when the guns are so readily available in the us, heck if you want a real masterclass the US army even lets you download FM23-10.