Sign in to follow this  
instagoat

T-14 Armata to be shown on 9th may parade

These things look pretty damn well protected. And they truly are using an unmanned turret. That's pretty neat, actually. I wonder how many people the BMP variant can carry now.

Overall, the turret on the MBT looks a lot boxier now.

Armata - a universal platform, you can change the upper part (turret) and set any other (flamethrower, air defense system and much more)

If you look at the front of the turret, it feels like that "boxy" part is foreign. Also, there are no sensors or viewports visible - I doubt all sensors are in that cylinder on top. It seems that the "welded dome metal for secrecy" version might actually be true. Not saying it definitely is, but...

Edited by DarkWanderer

Yeah there are theories on themess.net that those are either huge ERA blocks or plastic/thin metal mockups to create a classic "turret-look" for whatever secrecy or aesthetic reasons.

The vertical tubes near the RCWS are pretty interesting, some sort of protection system against top down attack systems or smoke dispensers?

The modern stuff next to WW2 tank destroyer in the second photo is a very interesting sight as well.

Edited by negah

Well, so far it kinda looks like the result of someone who has just discovered 3d modelling.

Also, there are no sensors or viewports visible - I doubt all sensors are in that cylinder on top.

They aren't. The gunner's primary sights are on the left side of the turret behind a closed blast door:

640px-T-14_Armata.jpg

The cylinder on top is the commander's pan-sight and Remote Weapon Station.

The rest of the bits on the turret appear to be for the Active Protection Systems. Remember it's an unmanned turret so vision blocks etc. on the turret are redundant.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Well, so far it kinda looks like the result of someone who has just discovered 3d modelling.

Great, we'll see it shortly in Arma so ;)

Also. I still call their bluff. I don't see two fuel drums on the back so I say this is all a deceptive plan.

Great, we'll see it shortly in Arma so ;)

Also. I still call their bluff. I don't see two fuel drums on the back so I say this is all a deceptive plan.

And no wooden logs!

And no wooden logs!

Exactly! It ain't Russian unless it has a specimen of superior Siberian wood hanging of the back.

You never know when good old wooden log might come in handy!!! :D

Good old wooden log is absolutelly essential if the tank gets stuck

Great, we'll see it shortly in Arma so ;).

yes ;) just need more photos after 9th , more angles, more details like dimensions, i will do it for Arma2 , the more cubic - the faster , cubic vehicles are easy job

yes ;) just need more photos after 9th , more angles, more details like dimensions, i will do it for Arma2 , the more cubic - the faster , cubic vehicles are easy job

Now thats good to hear.

What kind of munition and performance do you plan for the vehicles.

They aren't. The gunner's primary sights are on the left side of the turret behind a closed blast door:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/T-14_Armata.jpg/640px-T-14_Armata.jpg

The cylinder on top is the commander's pan-sight and Remote Weapon Station.

The rest of the bits on the turret appear to be for the Active Protection Systems. Remember it's an unmanned turret so vision blocks etc. on the turret are redundant.

Yeah, that left side block was the missing piece - as I said, no way only commander optics would be available. Thanks.

so i hope in 2 days there will be lots of photos, and i hope photo from direct 90 degree angles so it can be used as blueprint, because it is hard to judge exact shape from perspective photos, also photos from above would be welcome to paint texture,

Possibly crew did not know how to use an automatic transmission? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeJzuo2TsfM

Platform still crude. This is essentially the prototypes (hurry to create to 9 May). Nothing terrible, with time bugs will be fixed.

Edited by astral4eg

haha the breakdowns on parade are cute

To me the APC variant looks as if it would have difficulties in snow... The overhang on the front is gigantic.

Possibly crew did not know how to use an automatic transmission? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeJzuo2TsfM

Platform still crude. This is essentially the prototypes (hurry to create to 9 May). Nothing terrible, with time bugs will be fixed.

Oh those things now have an automatic transmission? That´s kind of cool, but I guess it makes the tank harder to maintain?

Oh those things now have an automatic transmission? That´s kind of cool, but I guess it makes the tank harder to maintain?

Pretty much every modern AFV has a semi-automatic or automatic transmission. Automatic is probably more common since the 80s

Modern vehicles are designed so that if there's a major problem with the gearbox or engine while the vehicle needs to remain in the field, you just lift out the entire power pack (engine and gearbox coupled together) and replace the whole thing in the field in a relatively short time while the broken-down pack is sent for local repair.

i will do it for Arma2 ,

that's really great, for me a2 it's better then a3 :)

dzięki za pozostałe mody które do tej pory stworzyłeś. Dobra robota :)

Tank "Armata" has decayed at a rehearsal of the parade because of the excitement of the driver.

Rest assured the tank is flawless and perfect, only driver was too inept to handle this wunderwaffe :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeJzuo2TsfM