Sign in to follow this  
-CCCP-Stalker

Breaking news

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Oct. 05 2002,10:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.....its only 1/3rd of the way through october...<span id='postcolor'>

I know. I'm talking about config file smile.gif

So, m8.. When's it out? Im making a campaign called 'CCCP Federation', where this would fit quite nicely into the story.

Please email me the release date or simply state it here.

email: sux0r_swaf@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Jahve

The release date is "When it is ready". Nobody keeps to the release dates smile.gif

P.S. So if somebody wants to help with texturing the Ka29 ?

O.K. there will be no possibility to load vehicles in the MI 26 Ingame OFP...

But will the other things about the MIL MI 26 be authentic?

some details:

*Crew 5 (2x pilots, 1x navigator, 1x flight engineer, 1x loadmaster)

*Standard Payload :20,000 kg Internal or external load, 85 troops...  (:0 )

* Blades Main rotor - 8

* Tail rotor - 5  

* Rotor diameter:105 ft (32 m)  

* Length: 111 ft (33.8 m)  

* Length: (rotors turning) 40 meters  

* Length: (fuselage) 33.5 meters  

* Width: 8.2 meters  

* Height: 26 ft., 5 in. / 8.1 meters  

* Tail Rotor Diameter: 7.6 meters

* Cargo Compartment Dimensions:  

12 meters - Floor Length

3.3 meters - Width

Height variable from 2.9 to 3.2 meters  

mi26_hastings_trspt.jpg

cockpit view

EDIT: RalphWiggum: picture size > 100k

Check here : http://www.colparair.com/mi-26_gallery.htm

greetings from Nekke   smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([GNC]Nekkekami @ Oct. 05 2002,18:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

talking from a plainly ofp engine limitation standpoint:

*Crew 5 (2x pilots, 1x navigator, 1x flight engineer, 1x loadmaster)

no, this isnt possible

like the c130, it comes stock with one pilot, so just have those extra 4 seats ready and the person playing the game can just add the men himself, its not that hard at all. when I use the c130 I just add the extra 2 man crew as cargo, and the real cargo is just a whole other group with a different commander, they are going to be paratrooping anyways.

I don't like when you get in as cargo, you go to the cabin. If someone made a 747 like that (4 crewmen in cabin) it would just ruin the whole point of a passenger jet considering most pilots don't let people into the cabin...

putting a commander in an air vehicle really doesnt work, me and frandsen made a uh-60 with a commander as well as a gunner and pilot, and the pilot freaked out, the helicopter span round and round, with the player as pilot noone listened to him, it was pretty much hell smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Oct. 05 2002,20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't like when you get in as cargo, you go to the cabin. If someone made a 747 like that (4 crewmen in cabin) it would just ruin the whole point of a passenger jet considering most pilots don't let people into the cabin...<span id='postcolor'>

thats why you fill up those cabin seats with crew, then when you get in as cargo you sit in a seat. ive never seen a 747 fly with just a pilot, its ruining the whole point of a realistic aircraft.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xmurderx @ Oct. 05 2002,21:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Oct. 05 2002,20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't like when you get in as cargo, you go to the cabin. If someone made a 747 like that (4 crewmen in cabin) it would just ruin the whole point of a passenger jet considering most pilots don't let people into the cabin...<span id='postcolor'>

thats why you fill up those cabin seats with crew, then when you get in as cargo you sit in a seat. ive never seen a 747 fly with just a pilot, its ruining the whole point of a realistic aircraft.<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly, xmurderx is right.

I suggest that you make seats for pilot and gunner, make the three extra crew seats as normal seats. Rest is up to mission maker if he want's to fill up those three extra seats with pilots as cargo to make his mission more realistic wink.gif. And like Evis said, commander won't work right in chopper.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Oct. 05 2002,20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't like when you get in as cargo, you go to the cabin. If someone made a 747 like that (4 crewmen in cabin) it would just ruin the whole point of a passenger jet considering most pilots don't let people into the cabin...<span id='postcolor'>

True, but if there are already 4 crew members in the plane, then you just go to the regular passenger section.

But it's either that or a 747 would have a "gunner" on it, and there still would be no way to stick in the other crew positions accept as cargo or models that are actually part of the airplane model itself..but then they wouldn't move.

Personally I prefer for large cargo or passenger aircraft to have just the pilot 2-3 crew positions (as cargo) and then the regular passenger slots (as cargo) in the cargo or passenger section of the aircraft.

Like I said, if the crew is in the plane alraedy, then you don't have to worry about regular civilians ending up in the cockpit.

Plus it would be kinda pointless to get into an the cargo/passenger section of an empty plane with no crew.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Oct. 07 2002,13:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So what's the release date?  tounge.gif (j/k)

Is the MI-26 really that much bigger than the Chinook IRL?<span id='postcolor'>

Yup! I remember seeing a pic of a Mi-26 lifting a damaged Chinook in Afghanistan and indeed the Mi-26 was MUCH bigger then the Chinook. That thing is a monster! It basically carries almost as much as a C130 cargo plane and isn't a whole lot smaller either.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Comparing the RL picture and yours, I must say nice work again. Also that RL Mi-26 looks nice with the darker painting, maybe you should make a bit darker camo for your Mi-26?

Mi26 is the BIGGEST chopper in the world like "Mriya" (Dream) is the biggest plane in the world. BTW the factory where it has been created is not very far from my house smile.gif (I'm talking about "Mriya"). Maybe we will rework the textures but later. And about release date. I'm repeating for the third time - "when it's ready". Maybe in2 days or maybe in a week.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Oct. 07 2002,15:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mi26 is the BIGGEST chopper in the world like "Mriya" (Dream) is the biggest plane in the world. BTW the factory where it has been created is not very far from my house smile.gif (I'm talking about "Mriya"). Maybe we will rework the textures but later. And about release date. I'm repeating for the third time - "when it's ready". Maybe in2 days or maybe in a week.<span id='postcolor'>

Will there be a door gunner on it? It would be nice if there was some kind of door gun...at least a PK or something...but if not that's ok. Maybe in a later version it would be nice to have.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Would be nice with something like this (even though this is from a 160TH MH47) Some guy with feet out of the rear ramp with a mounted Machine gun.

sf20.jpg