Sign in to follow this  
-CCCP-Stalker

Breaking news

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Oct. 07 2002,15:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mi26 is the BIGGEST chopper in the world like "Mriya" (Dream) is the biggest plane in the world. BTW the factory where it has been created is not very far from my house smile.gif (I'm talking about "Mriya"). Maybe we will rework the textures but later. And about release date. I'm repeating for the third time - "when it's ready". Maybe in2 days or maybe in a week.<span id='postcolor'>

Dude, I was joking about the release date: j/k = just kidding  tounge.gif

Anyway, I say again nice work, looking forward to it! smile.gif

That looks cooooool. That thing could carry a small invasion force in a single trip. If it was made tough enough to survive a couple of LAW hits it would be amazing.

And in the future could you consider making a crashed version of it, i hate to simulate that in missions it never looks right, i love the destroyed Urals, M113s and jeeps from the original game, they add so much athmosphere... and for Chechnya war missions a crashed MI26 would be just right...

http://www.aeronautics.ru/img001/mi26crashchecnya.jpg

http://www.aeronautics.ru/img002/chechnyamil35.jpg

another nice pic

http://www.aeronautics.ru/img002/chechnyamil30.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Oct. 07 2002,10:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It work fine to me.

About release date as I already said "as soon as ready"

post-10-77387-heli3.jpg

Here's another link - Mi26 ingame<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gif

That thing f*cking is huge!

wow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ludovico Technique @ Oct. 07 2002,19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If it was made tough enough to survive a couple of LAW hits it would be amazing.<span id='postcolor'>

Where have you seen a chopper which survive a single LAW hit ? Mi26 crashed after a single "Strela" rocket.

well there was the chinook in Afghanistan that survived a hit from a RPG, so since the Mi26 is twice or maybe 3 times the size of of the chinook maybe it could survive maybe 2 possibly 3 rpg type weapons? it all depends on what type of armor it uses and the structeral integraty (spelling) of the Mi26.

It all depends on where the damage is taken. A direct hit would surely take down those choppers. In those cases you have stated, they were lucky not to of been bought down because they didnt hit any vital stuff.

'Stingers' target the heat source, which would be the engine vents etc this is not easy to protect with armour. Above and around the engine are the rotars. Any damage to the rotars also would be catastrophic for any helicopter. A chance hit by an RPG into the main bulk of the body would more than likely bring it down also. You are wrong to think that double the size equates to more armour and protection of a machine.

Nice model, I look forward to shooting it down tounge.gif

Yeap. All AA missile target the heat source. We will make the armour to survive after 1.5 "Strela"\"Stinger" hits.

i appreciate ypour work dps_cccp as I am sure most here do

Its about time we saw some gear for East units, I prefer to play with them so its nice to see some good stuff coming out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Oct. 09 2002,03:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice work. That thing is big. I like big stuffs.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

She said that last night to...!

And, BTW... That chopper is so nice, i cant wait for it to be released... Cool missions await... I hope.

The worst thing we've got in the chopper is cockpit. Here's the pic:

post-10-50085-heli5.JPG

I know that it is REALLY bad but please help and give us some interiour picture and we will make it better.

Maybe you should use Mi-17 cockpit textures. Of course edit them a bit at first to make them fit better wink.gif.

Just a minute! That screen of interrior isn't pilot or copilot view! This only outside view. Of course, I've had add detailed mi-26 real interrior!

DPS (mi-26 author)

Yo nice work, buuuutttt i THINK u made it a BIT bigger than actual cuz if u look on pg 5 someone posted a pic of it in real life (it had snow and a line of troops comin out) well i ya look at that pic with the men beside it then look at the one with the man standing beside it of the OFP version......well look......it just kinda looks like the OFP one is ALOT bigger than real

naw dude this sucka is big...

Just like yo momma wink.gif (jk)

It is a big machine , it can carry something like 90 fully eqipped troops.

Are you sure it was not a MI6 you saw?