silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

Hi X-Cam team,

look what funcion I found in new Bis 3d mission editor,

maybe is possibility to add exporting Pitch and Yaw to Terrain Builder  ;)

BIS_fnc_3DENExportTerrainBuilder

#include "\a3\3DEN\UI\resincl.inc"

startloadingscreen [""];
_br = tostring [13,10];
_export = "";
_fnc_addLine = {_export = _export + _this + _br;};
_allObjects = allmissionobjects "All";
_allObjectsCount = count _allObjects;
{
	if (isnull group _x) then {
		_pos = getposasl _x;
		_dir = (_x get3DENAttribute "rotation") select 0;
		if !(isnil "_dir") then {
			_model = gettext (configfile >> "cfgvehicles" >> typeof _x >> "model");
			waituntil {
				_slashID = _model find "\";
				_model = _model select [_slashID + 1];
				_slashID < 0
			};
			_model = _model select [0,_model find "."];

_pos set [0,(_pos select 0) + 200000]; //--- Terrain Builder coorinate system starts at 200000 for some reason
			{
				_n = str floor _x;
				_nDec = (str (_x % 1)) splitstring ".";
				if (count _nDec == 1) then {_nDec set [1,"0"];};
				_pos set [_foreachindex,format ["%1.%2",_n,_nDec select 1]];
			} foreach _pos select 0;

//--- Class;posX;posY;Yaw;Pitch;Roll;Scale;posZATL;
			format [
				"""%1"";%2;%3;%4;%5;%6;%7;%8;",
				_model,
				(_pos select 0),
				(_pos select 1),
				(_dir select 2),
				-(_dir select 0),
				-(_dir select 1),
				1, //--- Scale is always 1
				(_pos select 2)
			] call _fnc_addLine;
		};
	};
	progressloadingscreen (_foreachindex / _allObjectsCount);
} foreach _allObjects;
endloadingscreen;

//--- Show export window
/*
disableserialization;
_display = (finddisplay IDD_DISPLAY3DEN) createdisplay "Display3DENCopy";
(_display displayctrl IDC_DISPLAY3DENCOPY_TITLE) ctrlsettext "Export to Terrain Builder";
(_display displayctrl IDC_DISPLAY3DENCOPY_EDIT) ctrlsettext _export;
*/
uinamespace setvariable ["Display3DENCopy_data",["Export to Terrain Builder",_export]];
(finddisplay IDD_DISPLAY3DEN) createdisplay "Display3DENCopy";

_dir = (_x get3DENAttribute "rotation") select 0;

well that's splendid <3

Can you not place vehicles in XCAM? The vehicle list is greyed out

You can, but you need a project (under objects) first. But placing vehicles doenst make any sense, because they wont be saved anyways and you don't have any further functions availabel (like placing waypoints,...). X-Cam is not a mission editor, just a tool for object placement with focus on terrain editing. ;)

• Like 1

Hi Siola, hi all,

quick question on XCAM provided objects like the CNC objects (Land_ture_250...). Are am i allowed to add additional similar items with custom textures using your .p3d models ?

If yes, can someone please point me into the right direction how to start with ?

I have searched now alot within www but mostly i am getting retexturing information on units or vehicles using the "setObjectTexture" command using the "hiddenselection" but thats not what i would like to do.

I would like to add additional objects based on exisitng CNC objects with their own texture for example.

Appreciate a hint where to start with or where to look at...

Regards

Jesse

@Herr_Pinkman:

You have to ask Atsche because he creates the xcam_objects.pbo

But maybe it's a good idea to create your own object library with very simple object types.

It would your first step into modeling ;)

Silola

You can, but you need a project (under objects) first. But placing vehicles doenst make any sense, because they wont be saved anyways and you don't have any further functions availabel (like placing waypoints,...). X-Cam is not a mission editor, just a tool for object placement with focus on terrain editing. ;)

I see, i'm trying to make a checkpoint and wanted to place vehicles where they look good, its all guesswork with the vanilla editor 

I see, i'm trying to make a checkpoint and wanted to place vehicles where they look good, its all guesswork with the vanilla editor 

you could use a cargocontainer as placeholder for where you want the vehicles, and later replace the classnames in your texteditor?!

Hi,

Back again.

I have finally found a work around for using xCam on my new install.

Issue: All iniDBi functions are not available to xCam on xCam startup (new A3 1.5, iniDBi 1.4 and xCam 1.05 install).

Workaround:  If when previewing the mission in the editor you run "diag_log call iniDB_version;" and then start xCam, everything works fine.  If I do not then the issue above occurs.  For me this is easily repeatable. 

Any ideas why this may be (have also reported to code34) and has anyone seen anything like this on a recent clean install ?.

Hey Guys,

Working on a map, and noticed that in the library it is not showing my E76_Roads folder.

Anyone know what would cause that, or do I need to do something else.

I have it in my main arma folder with all the other pbo's, and also in my a3 folder

Thanks

When I go to export to TB I get a black screen. I can alt tab to a menu asking to make file, but when I go to click it, it goes to a black screen and the button can't be pressed! Anyway to fix it?

No idea why but my Favorite list is not showing anymore all the buttons are there but the list is invisible ?

When i click add new i gte a message saying "x-cam\library_fav\"  does not exist ?   -  but if i look in the DB  i can see the list and also the new one i just created ?!

Hi,

do you have a release date for the update 2 ? :)

thanks

No ... sorry, but for sure this year :)

• Like 1

When I go to export to TB I get a black screen. I can alt tab to a menu asking to make file, but when I go to click it, it goes to a black screen and the button can't be pressed! Anyway to fix it?

Please try to use the "make_file.dll"  V1.0 >>> http://killzonekid.com/pub/make_file_v1.0.zip

Simply replace the current used version with this one (within Arma 3 root folder).

No idea why but my Favorite list is not showing anymore all the buttons are there but the list is invisible ?

When i click add new i gte a message saying "x-cam\library_fav\"  does not exist ?   -  but if i look in the DB  i can see the list and also the new one i just created ?!

Please try to reset the window positions >>> delete this file: ...\Arma 3\@inidbi\db\xCam\xCamWindows.ini >>> then restart X-Cam.

I had an issue where the Fav list moved itself out of the field of view. 

This was Silola's solution:

Yes, simply delete the xCamWindows.ini to reset all window positions.

Not sure if that's your problem, but worth a shot.

I have the exact same problem than rimblock (No entry 'bin\config.bin/xCam_Dlg/xCam_Active), but I can still use xcam but when I want to rotate an object, the object move too (like a regular left clicking holding) and same when I want to change height, camera is zooming.

Please try to use the "make_file.dll"  V1.0 >>> http://killzonekid.com/pub/make_file_v1.0.zip

Simply replace the current used version with this one (within Arma 3 root folder).

That fixed it! This mod is the best thing ever made for arma.

I get an error when I try to import my placed objects into TB.

"Dialog - TxTImport - Wrong file format or source template not found. Operation will now quit."

I really hope someone can help me.

@lumnuon: Looks like you have placed objects with X-cam for which you do not have an object library loaded in Terrain Builder. I get this all the time and here's how I fix it. 

Export your objects from X-Cam not as a single export but by individual object. Instead of CBF (which gives you one object export file with all objects), you want to pick CTF (Create Types of Files) (Silola added it in the last update). This will give you many, many individual object export files.

Next you have to find which object or objects you don't have loaded in Terrain Builder. The really laborious way is to import each object export file individually into TB, saving your TB project after each successful import (and keeping careful track of what objects you have imported). 

A slightly less labourious way is (assuming you have loaded all the Arma3 object libraries) to import all the Arma 3 objects first (they'll end with _F), save and then move the object export files into another folder, to separate them from the remaining (pre-Arma3) object export files. 

Then take half of the remaining object export files and try to import them. If that works - great, save and move those object export files into the folder with the A3 object  export files. Then take half of the remaining object export files and try to import them.

If an import fails, DO NOT SAVE YOUR TB PROJECT. Instead, close without saving and open it again.

Take half of the batch of object exports files that failed to import and try to import that. Repeat this process until you've isolated the problem object export files.

Once you have all your problem files - go back to TB and import the object libraries that contain the problem objects. Once you have them, you should be able to import the remaining object export files without issue. 

I'm sure there's a better and less labour intensive way to do this, but that's what works for me. :sigh:

• Like 1

I'm getting this error....

'no entry config.bin/xcam_olg/xcam_plain.col or disabled'

I'm getting this error....

'no entry config.bin/xcam_olg/xcam_plain.col or disabled'

Don't worry about this error. It's simply a missing dialog value (Consists since the latest Arma update). Already fixed within the upcomming X-Cam update.

Silola

• Like 2