silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

When starting up X-Cam I don't get the option to "select all classes" that is shown in the tutorial. I guess I could manually rebuild all but that seems rather tedious. Is there a way to bring up that initial screen again?

Nevermind, looks like the PlayWithSix version doesn't do all the required installation steps.

nice, export working for mission and terrain builder?

The export (pitch&bank) works with mission and script only, until Bohemia makes this function compatible with TerrainBuilder.

The pictures below shows a mission export example.

@ImperialAlex: That's true, the PlayWithSix version works not correctly.

@Major_Desync: Yes, planned for the next version.

@All: If someone will test the mission export (on Stratis), try this file : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68007392/mission.sqm

You need X-Cam and AiA TP

3SotxQN.jpg[/img]

zKw7kuc.jpg[/img]

bHWusxu.jpg[/img]

5RVY9cV.jpg[/img]

Silola

im having issues with items in a2 roads and when i place them and try to export them to TB its not in the library. I checked \ca\ and the directory specified does not that those p3ds. If they're in xcam any suggestions to why they wouldnt be in p:\ca?

im having issues with items in a2 roads and when i place them and try to export them to TB its not in the library. I checked \ca\ and the directory specified does not that those p3ds. If they're in xcam any suggestions to why they wouldnt be in p:\ca?

You have installed the un-packed version of the AiA TP on drive P ?

What's the name of the missing p3d file?

Silola

Wow nice bridges Silola! How does the AI handle them, any solutions for that?

I've played around with X-Cam a bit and I'm very impressed! I have a question or feature request: When copying along the bounding box, is it possible to specify an offset? E.g. I have an object that has a 2m bounding box but actually needs to be placed every 1.9m in order to 'make sense' (This applies for lots of fences and fortifications that need to 'interlock').

I've played around with X-Cam a bit and I'm very impressed! I have a question or feature request: When copying along the bounding box, is it possible to specify an offset? E.g. I have an object that has a 2m bounding box but actually needs to be placed every 1.9m in order to 'make sense' (This applies for lots of fences and fortifications that need to 'interlock').

Yeah, on the rightern side there are some buttons. One of them is copy offset.

Alas the offset distance cant be raised too much I am afraid (having tried it on street lamps). Seems to take multiples of object width.

Here is explained how you can set a custom bounding box:

Yeah, on the rightern side there are some buttons. One of them is copy offset.

Alas the offset distance cant be raised too much I am afraid (having tried it on street lamps). Seems to take multiples of object width.

And here is an other way to influence the copy distance, better for the "street lamp placement":

Thanks! I guess I should have just RTFM'ed :eek:

The video tutorials are great to get a feel for what's possible, I just have a really bad memory xD It'd be nice if there was a written 'refrence' style documentation, i.e. something where you can quickly look up how a certain feature works.

nothing to RTFM ... only WTFV :D

A friend was compiling a overview for all available functions with a link to the video with the timeframe.

But I don't know how far he has gotten with it.

Hi,

I've build a new "extended randomize" function for MultiBrush:

vqqpYrd.jpg[/img]

ZLyDzy7.jpg[/img]

iSF2TYL.jpg[/img]

Ifbj9Vf.jpg[/img]

Silola :)

:butbut: :butbut: :butbut:

I've build a new "extended randomize" function for MultiBrush

Is it this done with the brush set to like 500m and holding down the mouse button, or actualy brushing with a smaller sized brush?

:butbut: :butbut: :butbut:

Is it this done with the brush set to like 500m and holding down the mouse button, or actualy brushing with a smaller sized brush?

With a much smaller one, of course. The randomize function is now supported by a dynamic parameter.

Silola

I am using the City roads (w14, w12) placing them down in X-Cam then when I export them they import to Terrain builder just fine no errors. then when I save the map, save everything I have done, rebuild the map and then proceed to test the map in game the roads do not appear but everything else I have done shows up on the map permanently like the runways, trees, light poles, sidewalks, and buildings. Any ideas on whats going on I have been searching for the answer on the forums but don't have any luck.

Thanks,

Murk

I think that is a problem with TB / a problem only BIS can fix.

If I remember correct, when silola started with x-cam we placed road objects and they could be imported, but with a later TB update that did not work anymore. But I am not 100% sure.

Hey Silola 

I just installed xcam and it is amazing! However I now have a problem with object placement and rotation 

Every time I load in a object and try to raise/lower the height or rotate the object the camera will zoom in or move away not allowing me to do anything.

This also happens with the brush tools. If I try to change my brush size the camera will simply zoom in even though I am holding down the "Ctrl" key 

If there is a fix to this I would really appreciate it! 

Awesome mod first off, question however. If i was to make a mission like with xCam is the mod required for other players or no?

Awesome mod first off, question however. If i was to make a mission like with xCam is the mod required for other players or no?

As long as you do not use X-Cam speficic objects everything should be fine.

Hi,

I am using the City roads (w14, w12) placing them down in X-Cam then when I export them they import to Terrain builder just fine no errors. then when I save the map, save everything I have done, rebuild the map and then proceed to test the map in game the roads do not appear but everything else I have done shows up on the map permanently like the runways, trees, light poles, sidewalks, and buildings. Any ideas on whats going on I have been searching for the answer on the forums but don't have any luck.

That's the reason why we have created all the roads on xcam_prototype map with TerrainBuilder.

If I remember corectly, some road types are working, some types not.

You can try to export / import a special X-Cam project were you have placed all available road types one time

and then check the result (after import into TerrainBuilder and pack a new pbo) to get an overview which road type is working.

Hey Silola 

I just installed xcam and it is amazing! However I now have a problem with object placement and rotation 

Every time I load in a object and try to raise/lower the height or rotate the object the camera will zoom in or move away not allowing me to do anything.

This also happens with the brush tools. If I try to change my brush size the camera will simply zoom in even though I am holding down the "Ctrl" key 

If there is a fix to this I would really appreciate it!

Please try to use X-Cam without any other addon like MCC, for example, because there are some problems

in connection to other dialog intensive addons. Maybe it's my fault, but I don't know.

If this not helps, try to create and use an new Arma 3 profile (in game).  Sometimes this procedure helps also.

If you talk about a "normal" Arma 3 mission then the mod "xCam" (xCam.pbo) is not required, but for all the objects you have placed with X-Cam

the mission requires all the respective addons ... means ... if you have saved some objects from "xCam_Metal", for example, then all players and also the server

needs this addon ... and so on.

If you want to create a multi-user-X-Cam mission, in order to use X-Cam together with some friends, then the xCam.pbo is also required of course (in addition).

Silola

If you talk about a "normal" Arma 3 mission then the mod "xCam" (xCam.pbo) is not required, but for all the objects you have placed with X-Cam

the mission requires all the respective addons ... means ... if you have saved some objects from "xCam_Metal", for example, then all players and also the server

needs this addon ... and so on.

Okay! Completely understandable, thank you for the awesome addon as well as reply! Have a nice day! :)

Hi,

here's a small preview of the upcomming X-Cam Update 1.2:

-   New object type filter ( based on whole project or visible area )
-   New hide function ( HideBrush, hide object groups )
-   New extended movement function
-   Pitch&Bank function
( for mission and script export only )
-   Import mission objects ( static objects only )

-   New MultiBrush setting: Random object pool
-   MultiBrush configurations
( save, load, delete )
-   Undo function for deleted objects
-   HideBrush for map objects
( not working with all object types )
-   New function: Last selection ( Restore the last used object selection )

-   And of course ... fixed some minor bugs.

Silola

• Like 7

There were bugs????   :wacko:

Looks great glad you got pitch/bank to work!!