silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

@ Undeceived: For me it's not a problem if u want to use the xCam_EU.pbo within your mission.

But if you want to use some of the other pbo's from the X-Cam pack, you have to ask different people,

but I think it's also not a problem:

xCam_Metal + xCam_Woodworks : ask poolpunk

xcam_pipe : ask Heros (don't know the forum name)

xcam_wood : MCPXXL

xcam_objects : Atsche

xCam_EU : ask me ;)

@: Aussie

That's a cool idea to share your work with us. Many thanks!!!

Silola

I've run into an issue with the Favourites and prefabs windows - I seem to have moved it out of the field of view  and can't figure out how to find  drag it back in again.

Is there any function to reset the position of the windows in the Object layer to the default? Or otherwise regain windows that have slipped out of the field of view. 

I've run into an issue with the Favourites and prefabs windows - I seem to have moved it out of the field of view  and can't figure out how to find  drag it back in again.

Is there any function to reset the position of the windows in the Object layer to the default? Or otherwise regain windows that have slipped out of the field of view. 

Yes, simply delete the xCamWindows.ini to reset all window positions.

Silola

Having trouble with a mission I've built.

I used some interesting objects I found when in the editor. i.e.

xcam_rail_najazdovarampa
xcam_runway_beton_ep1

Now when I come to try and share this I immediately realised these are not going to work for anyone trying to join unless they are running xcam.... Are these actual A3 / AiA objects that have proper ARMA Classes ? - I noticed some of the other "Xcam" objects do seem to be duplicates of existing "vanilla" objects.

Is there anyway to find the name of the original object so I can just lay them down and people with AiA can see them ?

Cheers for the advice

SJ

From memory the first one is an A2 rail object and the second is an A2 Arrowhead piece

Having trouble with a mission I've built.

I used some interesting objects I found when in the editor. i.e.

xcam_rail_najazdovarampa
xcam_runway_beton_ep1

Now when I come to try and share this I immediately realised these are not going to work for anyone trying to join unless they are running xcam.... Are these actual A3 / AiA objects that have proper ARMA Classes ? - I noticed some of the other "Xcam" objects do seem to be duplicates of existing "vanilla" objects.

Is there anyway to find the name of the original object so I can just lay them down and people with AiA can see them ?

Cheers for the advice

SJ

Both objects are part of the AiA TP, that means all player (and the server) need AiA TP but also xCam_EU.pbo.

For the server, it is sufficient if only the "lite" version of AiA TP is installed.

If u use objects from xcam_A2_* library then AiA TP and the large xCam_EU.pbo is basicly needed.

If u use objects from xcam_A3_* library then only the small xCam_EU.pbo is needed.

Silola

Thanks for the response guys... so there is no way of actually using the original A2 class name WITHOUT Xcam.EU PBO ?

Assuming this is the case are there any flat Concrete surface pieces I can use instead of the "xcam_runway_beton_ep1" i.e. a placeable Tarmac or Concrete surface ?

Cheers for the advice guys

only if it is available as object that can be placed with the regular editor / can be found in one of the none xcam classes.

xcam_A2/3_xxx -> objects with basic config for "terrain builders" to make all models in AiATP & A3 available for them to place with xcam

hmmmm I think I get that.. I'm using all library's in Xcam and have the CJTF101 editor installed to show all classes in the editor... I guess I just need a hint on a placeable piece I can search for.

Ok went through every Non Xcam object I could... and no ground covers sadly... Never mind :-)

Arma 3 looks great :)

HBByhVO.jpg

LohL9dP.jpg

i6yEXwK.jpg

qFpUDck.jpg

gztzJ7b.jpg

Silola

• Like 3

nice very south eastern Africa... reminds me of the road to Durban

A little feature request ( or question ): Limited XCam Access -> possible with playerUID, too? 

I'd like to make those rock formations for Australia but are they laggy?

I'd like to make those rock formations for Australia but are they laggy?

No, I've created large rock formations and the performance is absolutly ok.

@Astrell: Not possible with playerUID atm, but with player name it's possible. Why you need this feature?

Silola

I've made a quick test on Australia. If u want to check the perfaormance I can give you the export file.

I've used Arma 3 objects only. Forgotten to add some trees ;)

8Vm5Ynr.jpg

VKx0ytA.jpg

4haIR2j.jpg

Yufvdqc.jpg

Silola

• Like 1

awesome prefab idea flora I like it!!!

Why you need this feature?

Silola

The Playername is too fast and easy faked. UID not. Just LoggedAdmin have access to XCam would be enough, too. 

I don´t wanna make it more complicated as needed but safe. 

Ok went through every Non Xcam object I could... and no ground covers sadly... Never mind :-)

You could use one of the pier objects and sink it into the ground

You could use one of the pier objects and sink it into the ground

Actually I started with them, BUT the clever thing with the aforementioned pieced is that they automatically cover rough ground. i.e. like a real skin of Concrete or tarmac. Meant my less than flat base was still covered in a nice even layer.

No worries, I ended up just using grass cutters and it looked like a bare earth finish.