voiper

Little Immersion Tweaks - Spice Up Arma 3's Night Life

nice. i like these scripts. we would love to see a addon-version. realy good work

Love these scripts but when using a mission that already has class CfgSounds where or how do I insert #include "vip_lit\resource\vip_lit_cfgSounds.hpp"??? For example I'm trying to use it in crcti and warfare but I get everything to run fine but the sound. I have to disable it because no matter where I put it either the mission gets in a hissy or I do! :D

class CfgSounds {

[b]#include "vip_lit\resource\vip_lit_cfgSounds.hpp"[/b]

sounds[] = {prison};
   class prison {
       name = "prison";
       sound[] = {"Rsc\Sounds\prison.ogg", 1, 1.0};
       titles[] = {};
   };
};

Should do it. :)

class CfgSounds {

[b]#include "vip_lit\resource\vip_lit_cfgSounds.hpp"[/b]

sounds[] = {prison};
   class prison {
       name = "prison";
       sound[] = {"Rsc\Sounds\prison.ogg", 1, 1.0};
       titles[] = {};
   };
};

Should do it. :)

Hi Voiper thanks for replying to my problem, unfortunately it still doesn't work. What it does in becti.0097 for example is when it's added as suggested and you enter the lobby, the mission Parameters vanish.

Everything else works fine if removed, apart from the sound effects. Shame! :confused:

I guess I could cancel that script above as it's only a prison sound and use yours running in description.ext.

**I just did what i suggested and it works fine so i guess that's solved that, cheating a little! :D

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

**Unfortunately the same issue with crcti, Parameters vanish! :confused:

Edited by Law-Giver

Seems the marksmen update messed with this script, the map is completely black even during the day and the flashlight isn't operable.

Looks great man, I'm looking forward to use this in a mission :D

Seems the marksmen update messed with this script, the map is completely black even during the day and the flashlight isn't operable.

Same... black screen during daylight hours... have to use the flashlight to view the map when its sunny... :D

-Raps

Same... black screen during daylight hours... have to use the flashlight to view the map when its sunny... :D

-Raps

Works fine for me day and night

What would be the init line if I wanted: No player button, keep textures, keep cursor grid, get new cursor, default flashlight size, no NVGs on map, yes player starts with flashlight, and then no NVG options. I apologize for the noob question. I'm new to the whole scripting thing, and when I edit it myself, it never ends up working. Thanks. Also, does this script work on Reshmaan Province?

Edited by carter_28

Hey voiper,

did you ever thought of implementing it into ACE3? Would be really neat :)

It's throwing me an error every time I activate night vision while looking through the lase designator. Every thing else works fine. Are you still around?

This would be very welcomed if this functionality was folded into ACE3, with the various options being selectable by a mission editor module.

please don't stop development here. ace3 already has a the same functionality. and not all of us can use ace, because of the huge performance hit.

edit: i'm also getting black map on day. also an error with a missing click sound

+1

Yes. Love your two projects! We do not run ACE3 either due to too large of a FPS hit.

Keep this (and Simple Mines) going. Awesome work. Agreed.

Anyway to get the map default at night to be much darker? Playing at only 6 Brightness/Gamma and in the jungle thats pretty pitch black but I can still see the map no problem tho the flashlight looks neat. Be nice if we could make the player actually need the flashlight -the only time my map is blacked out is when Overcast is set to full.

The only time when you won't see the map unless you have a flashlight, is when there's no moon. It's intended behaviour, and unfortunately there's no way to detect the shadow casted by the foliage above you. I was playing in N'Ziguazogo last weekend and notice the same thing you did.

no no no. I get a fully black map, not just shaded. Also the flashlight texture is broken. There's no texture, just a square of where I can see the map and a sharp 1px border to where I can not see the map. And this is on altis during day on open tarmac. So no shadows. No moon. Just a bug. I must have done something wrong I think?

no no no. I get a fully black map, not just shaded. Also the flashlight texture is broken. There's no texture, just a square of where I can see the map and a sharp 1px border to where I can not see the map. And this is on altis during day on open tarmac. So no shadows. No moon. Just a bug. I must have done something wrong I think?

I'm sorry izver, I was addressing the post before mine, by froggyluv.

• Like 1

Thanks for this greate script. I noticed that it doesnt work after respawn, is it possible to fix it ?

Thanks for this greate script. I noticed that it doesnt work after respawn, is it possible to fix it ?

Yes, leave it running after player dead. It's one the parameters.

Sorry, can you give me example ?

[true, [true, true, true, true], [0, true, false], [[1000], true, true]] execVM "vip_lit\vip_lit_init.sqf";

This is what I use and it works for me. The first "true" is the one that's important to leave the script running after player dies.

• Like 1

I've been using this script for a while now and I haven't had any issues with it at all.

I just tried to include map "Nam" to this script and it doesn't work at all. I have this:

//map size/scale
_worldSize = 0;
if (isNumber (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "mapSize")) then {_worldSize = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "mapSize")} else {

_worldSize = switch (worldName) do {

case ("VR"): {8192};
		case ("smd_sahrani_a3"): {20480};
		case ("Takistan"): {12800};
		case ("Chernarus"): {15360};
		case ("Utes"): {5120};
		case ("Nam"): {20480};

What should I do? Can anyone help?