CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Thanks for the latest relase and kudos to everyone involved in the CUP project - it's a must have!

/KC

Do the weapons use Toadie2k's animations?

Nice name.

They do not afaik. A3 animations...Not finished yet though, the reload animations are very rough atm.

When i downloaded the packs yesterday i had an error when placing USMC units in the editor "No entry in '.model'".

I don't know whether i had the updated versions installed yesterday or not. Will try again later.

Do you also have the weapons pack running?

Yes normally i have but right now i remember that with the most recent updates a new CUP Weapons Pack appeared in PlayWithSix which i did not download since i already had the old one.

I will give it a shot and download the second pack aswell. I guess that will fix it. :D

Probably that's the problem, you have to use only the two new updated packs.

The old one is most likely obsolete.

hey,

i've got two questions:

i was wondering, how you are going to handle the improvments ace2-mod brought to arma 2 units and gear. for example i'm thinking about improved at-gunnery features (smaww-spotting-ammo, disposable launchers...).

do you plan to add these improvments to cup, or do you plan to deliver content as in vanilla-arma2, perhaps hoping that another mod adds these feature on top of cup.

second questions is about the stats displayed in arsenal:

are these stats somehow calculated from the weapon and gear configs, or are these just approximations, that were "hand written" by the item designer and therefor do not necessarily represent realistic combat values.

i ask, because some stats seem to be a bit off comapred to others. nothing serious, but if the stats are more than just metadata, there might be some config-bugs in some of the gun. for example i noticed some unrealistic discrepancies between the different g36 variants...

keep up the good work, guys!

AT launchers should already be compatible with ACE disposable system as far as i remember.

There's nothing definite for the moment though, we're certainly looking into making as many upgrades as possible using what the game already has to offer.

This doesn't mean we'll just stick to that in the future.

It was already reported to us that some of the weight values seem off, we're looking into it.

Some of the values were intentionally increased to reflect more realistic values.

Are you sure the two mags are the same and not maybe a normal 30 round and a 100 round mag?

In the mean time, the Seahawk got some splendid FFV seats (sorry for the AI tilting heads lol):

http://imgur.com/a/qbDRt

• Like 1

It was already reported to us that some of the weight values seem off, we're looking into it.

Some of the values were intentionally increased to reflect more realistic values.

With the g36 family, i noticed absurd high accuracy for the g36K and identical impact values for all g36, although impact value of the shorter variants is expected to be slightly less. but i might be wrong. i'm not a gun-nut.

but i'm still curious: are these stats "hand written" metadata, or does the arsenal calculates them from the "real" config values.

In the mean time, the Seahawk got some splendid FFV seats (sorry for the AI tilting heads lol):

http://imgur.com/a/qbDRt

nice! i'm really looking forward to the cup_vehicles :)

I found this weapon on the internet and I think it may be cool to have in your pack if you want to Frankenstein a M4A1 stock to a Vz-58 to create a Vz-58 with a RIS Tatical

34-b.jpg

670_1_720x600.jpg

Didn't Toadie make at least some of his source files available? Can't remember if that was only for demonstration purposes or if they could actually be used as part of CUP but his animations are so damn good.

Aside from that, loving the weapon pack, I'll confess to missing some of the weirder weapons available in the older games (especially the Lee Enfield. :D) so having those back is nice. Also, a MASSIVE thank you for using that icon system in the virtual arsenal so we can see what mod the weapons belong to, I just threw this on top of my usual mods for testing (which includes RHS) so it's dead handy to have that. 

I know RHS used them as a base for some guns, there was even a mod to replace the RHS anims with HLC ones back when RHS's anims were rougher.

Oddly enough, the bolt actions like the Enfield in CUP have decent anims, some of the best in the pack.

Luckily, AK and AR HLC anims would cover most bases. As most western NATO combat rifles have very similar controls to AR15's (CZ Brens, SCAR's, G36's for example). And RPK and even Dragunovs have similar control layouts to AK's. 

Anims are really the biggest deficiency of the pack, next to the lack of weapon trail sound effects that are noticeably lacking compared to vanilla guns.

Congrats on the update guys.

Just wondering if there is anyone that can walk me through setting this up on my rented server?

You can just pm me or Join me on TS: atl-voice.fragnet.net:10021

Thanks for the help guys.

If anyone could please answer this? I too am new with setting up a server, and wish for some help for a beginner.

If anyone could please answer this? I too am new with setting up a server, and wish for some help for a beginner.

If it's anything like gameservers you just upload the modfolder to the server via FTP (with a program like filezilla or fireftp), then launch it with the command line:

-mod="@mod1;@mod2;@mod3;...     ...;@cup_weapons;@cup_units;"

Also remember you need ASDG Joint Rails for the weapons to work properly.

If it's anything like gameservers you just upload the modfolder to the server via FTP (with a program like filezilla or fireftp), then launch it with the command line:

-mod="@mod1;@mod2;@mod3;...     ...;@cup_weapons;@cup_units;"

Also remember you need ASDG Joint Rails for the weapons to work properly.

Alright, I got that down. But, how do I get them to spawn, on my epoch server?

Is it normal for the enemies be CSAT under Opfor and AAF Under Independent for the units?

Alright, I got that down. But, how do I get them to spawn, on my epoch server?

You should ask in the epoch threads or forums. How are we supposed to know how epoch works? :D

Is it normal for the enemies be CSAT under Opfor and AAF Under Independent for the units?

Yes, they are just temporary placeholders.

They will be replaced with proper units as we finish them.

To answer the question re the arsenal "Stats" - yes they are generated from real config data, not just meta data typed in

Awesome...would've loved a version where it didn't say ION (so that it doesn't directly get associated with ION PMC and therefore can be used with other factions more realistically, but just a tiny detail nothing important.)...looks amazing regardless.

I found this weapon on the internet and I think it may be cool to have in your pack if you want to Frankenstein a M4A1 stock to a Vz-58 to create a Vz-58 with a RIS Tatical

You might like THIS. I'm not sure If I will put it in CUP but I wished for version like that for very long time and with Alwarren's Magpul stock I was finally able to make "Tactical" version.

I don't remember ION having a hind, but damn, that bird looks bad ass. Nice one. If ION will have more "heavy" assets like this, it opens up all kind of possibilities for mission making.