Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Arma 3 - Marksmen DLC First Look Livestream

I guess proper animations, which work with every weapon in every stance can be quite challenging to create. But what bothers me a bit is, that the unfolding of the bipod has no sound.

I thought Jay Crowe said that every bipod have different sound, maybe they are low volume/in development?

Did they mention anything about DevBranch this week?

Someone's a little over eager.

Don't worry, i'm a little over eager too.

Nope, nothing yet.

Erm... No recoil?

https://i.imgur.com/ZqZqKJY.gif (8669 kB)

What u talkin bout Willis? There's recoil there. The camera is fixed to the player, so if you look closely you can see the room moving. It looks great to me.

Nope, nothing yet.

I'm currently re-watching the livestream and Jay Crowe (around 20:50 on YouTube) says "...and next week, we plan to stage this content on the dev branch..."

I'm never trusting you with anything again. ;)

Bipods are to come at the end of this month.According to pettka from livestream.

Bipods are to come at the end of this month.According to pettka from livestream.

They didn't said that the bipods will be this week on dev? and on April will be the release of DLC?

I'm currently re-watching the livestream and Jay Crowe (around 20:50 on YouTube) says "...and next week, we plan to stage this content on the dev branch..."

I believe the content in this context is the assets like the rifles or attachments and not deployment.

Nope, nothing yet.

Yes they stated they plan to stage it in Dev this week. About 1/2 way thru the video Jay mentions it I believe but they clearly stated this week if all goes as planned. Deployment won't be til later as there still workig on it. But weapons an resting(not sure about the Garage though). :D I'm stoked can't wait to try out that upgraded VSS with a bigger boom boom, god I don't relish the thought of being on the recieving end of that like they mentioned :D TG for VAS an Virtual Aresenal.

Edited by Call_911

I hate guilies with a passion, a reminder of the days when that separated friend and foe, Hero, or Bandit. But I actually like the look of these new ghilies. I can see myself using these ones. I guess then that means the old ones are going into virtual limbo, or on the BIS recycle bin.

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

Yes they stated they plan to stage it in Dev this week. About 1/2 way thru the video Jay mentions it I believe but they clearly stated this week if all goes as planned. Deployment won't be til later as there still workig on it. But weapons an resting(not sure about the Garage though). :D I'm stoked can't wait to try out that upgraded VSS with a bigger boom boom, god I don't relish the thought of being on the recieving end of that like they mentioned :D TG for VAS an Virtual Aresenal.

That's about accurate. The VSS was my go to sniper while everyone ran to the AS-50's and M-107's. If they shoot, they're gonna have someone walk up behind them in the next 5 minutes. If I shoot, they won't know what to do. The fact that it's now chambered in 12.7x54 is enough to make me can't even.

Here we go with the sniper craze :/

...servers full of campers....

Here we go with the sniper craze :/

...servers full of campers....

Marksman*

There technically only DMR's. No worries though, you won't find any more campers than there already are. I was on a few servers getting rid of them. They're easy to find, just look at bushes on hills next to high value locations.

I hate guilies with a passion, a reminder of the days when that separated friend and foe, Hero, or Bandit. But I actually like the look of these new ghilies. I can see myself using these ones. I guess then that means the old ones are going into virtual limbo, or on the BIS recycle bin.

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

That's about accurate. The VSS was my go to sniper while everyone ran to the AS-50's and M-107's. If they shoot, they're gonna have someone walk up behind them in the next 5 minutes. If I shoot, they won't know what to do. The fact that it's now chambered in 12.7x54 is enough to make me can't even.

Yeah this was all taking COOP in mind, not real fond of pvp in ArmA(to each there own) though I can imagine missions like KOTH they being fairly expensive. I like the new ghilies theres just somthing OFP about em,they so looking simalar to me that is. Maybe it was me but did I recall seeing various colored ghilies for various vegetation etc. Seems like now I recall seeing various ones in VA or maybe it was me.

Just had an awsome idea maybe for a contest to help sell/premote the marksman dlc an have a player with a ghilie hiding competition with a player conceled an the person who can find em in the screen shot gets a free copy of the marksman DLC. I seem to recall BI doing that once with a ambush team an ppl had to try an figure out there way thru it or somthing like that.. just a thought :D

Edited by Call_911

Marksman*

There technically only DMR's. No worries though, you won't find any more campers than there already are. I was on a few servers getting rid of them. They're easy to find, just look at bushes on hills next to high value locations.

Little worse isnt it ?

We have .338 lapua semi auto sniper rifles and no new ballistic model to balance them.

Little worse isnt it ?

We have .338 lapua semi auto sniper rifles and no new ballistic model to balance them.

Well, there are always mods for that. That's if BIS isn't hiding a new ballistics model, but who knows. To be honest, it wouldn't matter, because in Clafghan i sniped a rabbit from 1800 meters with AGM, and that's far harder than any ballistics model BIS could implement, given the fact AGM uses actual Sniper zeroing. Also, i was using 5.56. LOL

Yes, i did aim up, and to the right to compensate for wind. I didn't feel like zeroing my wind, so i did it the old fashion way.

Cha-Ching woot!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog/page48

DATA

Added: Cyrus 9.3 mm CSAT marksman rifle*

Added: MAR-10 .338 CTRG marksman rifle*

Added: Mk-I EMR 7.62 mm NATO marksman rifle*

Added: Mk14 7.62 mm FIA marksman rifle*

Added: ASP-1 Kir CSAT special purpose rifle*

Added: SPMG .338 NATO Medium Machine Gun*

Added: Navid 9.3mm CSAT Medium Machine Gun*

Added: AMS NATO scope*

Added: Kahlia CSAT scope*

Added: Remote Designator NATO / CSAT and backpacks*

Added: Full Ghillie suits NATO / CSAT / AAF (variants for arid, semi-arid, lush)*

Added: CSAT Laser Designator (and NATO & AAF reskins)

Added: Silencers for 9.3mm and .338 calibers (multiple color variants)

Added: Facepaints (9 faces with camouflage, variants for arid, semi-arid, lush)

Added: NATO heavy vest (multiple color variants)

Added: NATO grenadier vest (multiple color variants)

Added: AAF grenadier vest (multiple color variants)

Added: Many relevant character configurations

Added: VR VR (Vehicle) Targets

Added: Balloons

Added: Swivel Target

Added: Dueling Target

Added: Shooting Mat

Added: Shot Timer

Added: Bullet Trap

Added: Air Horn

Has anyone found those

Added: Shooting Mat

Added: Shot Timer

Added: Bullet Trap

Added: Air Horn

yet?

The water balloon's are actually pretty cool.

Had'nt played with them yet though I saw em in the list just had to try the weapons 1st :D Took a few screenies, nothing special an not the best as the game camera teleports me away from obj(me) that i'm trying to get a pic of, noticed in dev the other day so had to settle with these.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011868995/screenshots/