Sign in to follow this  
becubed

Movement with aiming deadzone broken since weapon resting?

I raised this in the weapon resting topic but no-one answered.

Does anyone else have issues moving with aiming deadzone on?

To test it start moving and then gently move your mouse to one side.

Once I hit the edge of the deadzone nothing happens I just keep moving straight ahead.

Give the mouse a hard flick and you turn, but a gentle movement does nothing.

This doesn't happen with no deadzone and it's only started since the weapon resting drop earlier this week.

Please someone else give it a test so I know it's not just me.

Thanks

I guess not many people play with deadzone on.

But I can definitely confirm that. You need to flick the mouse really hard to turn.

Thanks Greenfist, nice to know it's not just me.

I always play with deadzone on so I hope it's not a permanent thing.

Just tried to enable the deadzone, I too can confirm it's broken ATM.

It's working fine for me, at least it's never worked differently.

My character turns fine when running, but in walking/combat pace speed it doesn't.

Works fine on stable, i.e. character turns immediately when the cursor hits deadzone's border.

It's working fine for me, at least it's never worked differently.

While ADS it's borked, but as soon as I raised my rifle, I had to bash my mouse to make my character actually turn, I usually don't use deadzone but I recall this not being the case before.

Well, ever since i started using deadzone, it's worked flawlessly for me, the first time i turned on Deadzone was the update that brought weapon resting, and it's worked just fine for me. Try using Mouse acceleration and see if that helps.

It's me or infantry movements are totally broken ?

"w" binded to "move forward" make me walk as "slow forward" instead of "fast forward", and I can't use combat pace.

Well, ever since i started using deadzone, it's worked flawlessly for me, the first time i turned on Deadzone was the update that brought weapon resting, and it's worked just fine for me. Try using Mouse acceleration and see if that helps.

Nope no joy with acceleration on. It's still gets stuck once you move with the weapon up for a while. Thanks for the suggestion though, I would not have thought of trying it.

Thanks Corporal, I've been meaning to create one for the last few days but real life has gotten in the way.

I have been fiddling around with the deadzone recently, since I liked it in Arma2, but can't come to satisfying results in Arma 3, no matter what I try.

I think the issue lies in different sensitivitys for deadzone and turning with the mouse, and I think its not the fact that sensitivity gets reduced when you "hit the edge of the box",

but that aiming within the deadzone has drastically increased mouse sensitivity.

This essentially prevents me from finding settings that are to my liking because if I crank it up so I can turn fast, aiming becomes uncontrollably fast,

but if I turn it down so that I can precisely aim, my turn rate becomes so slow I need to wipe my mouse all over the desk.

Ever since weapon inertia was added I hoped BI would revisit the deadzone design, since it feels more like real inertia if your view is steady and you only "swing your weapon around", gives a nice handling "feel" of the weapon,

I realized that apparently they did not think about that (baffling to me). I had the same hopes for the release of Marksmen DLC, because enhancement of weapon handling was announced, but again they did not pay attention it seems.

Edited by kobeshow

To quote myself:

"At the moment when you move your reticule, first your reticule moves and, when crossing the threshold of the aiming box, the reticule halts and the background starts moving; would it be possible to have a margin where both reticule and background move to make the transition smoother?"

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163285-A3-FreeAim-Fix&p=2568028&viewfull=1#post2568028

ThjHvMN.png

Having a smooth transition AND a uniform movement speed would be appreciated.

To quote myself:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163285-A3-FreeAim-Fix&p=2568028&viewfull=1#post2568028

http://i.imgur.com/ThjHvMN.png

Having a smooth transition AND a uniform movement speed would be appreciated.

Yes, I read your post in that other thread and I totally agree, would be awesome. Make the "buffer zone" adjustable aswell and we should be golden.

I'm surprised that dead zone are forgotten over and over again. I guess no BIS crew uses dead zone..?