Sign in to follow this  
RaptorAce

A request for an f-117 nighthawk

Seein as someone's making an F-22, I think that thread can be put to rest or put in off-topic as an aircraft discussion thread.  I want to see an F-117.

ff117_vl.jpg

ff117_p_03_t.jpg

ff117_p_02_t.jpg

Armament: provision for 2268 kg (5,000 Ib) of disposable stores carried in a lower-fuselage weapon bay; standard weapons are the AGM-88 HARM anti-radar missile, AGM-65 Maverick ASM. GBU-19 and GBU-27 optronically guided bombs, BLU-109 laser-guided bomb, and B61 free-fall nuclear bomb

(it can carry two of each of those at a time er... like only 2 bombs at a time or 2 missles at a time, but i dont know if it can carry two nukes, i dont think a nuke version would be any fun though)

Dimensions: span 13.20 m / 43 ft 4 in

length 20.08 m / 65 ft 11 in

height 3.78 m / 12 ft 5 in

smile.gif

yes i would also like to see a f117 biggrin.gif

(please no crap about "it will fly off the map in seconds")

It wouldnt fly off the map in seconds, look at G8's Tornado, that supersonic and it is easy to aim at ground targets, the F117 is sub sonic i think. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaptorAce @ Sep. 30 2002,22:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ff117_vl.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yeah, i need very match pictures like this. With this picture now i can make the F117 3d model.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Sep. 30 2002,23:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It wouldnt fly off the map in seconds, look at G8's Tornado, that supersonic and it is easy to aim at ground targets, the F117 is sub sonic i think.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, its subsonic. It'd be especially cool if it could designate its own targets for airstrikes, like a built in laser designator (to be more realistic) wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

"Open Doors" command like on the new dodge challenger, edc.

<span id='postcolor'>

But you wouldn't be able to open them while in flight.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ Sep. 30 2002,23:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

"Open Doors" command like on the new dodge challenger, edc.

<span id='postcolor'>

But you wouldn't be able to open them while in flight.<span id='postcolor'>

At least since it's a ground attack aircraft and not that fast it would be more useful in OFP, plus it looks cool.

As for the bomb door issue, it could be activated by the "flaps down" command accept that instead of the flaps moving it would be the bomb bay doors opening. You all think that would work?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thought nolips was making one,but then again,what plane is nolips not making?

Maybe you should talk to him about what else's he's planning and for when.

well im new here and i haven't seen anything about it, and yeah, that flaps down idea for the bomb doors is really good.

F117.jpg

Still needs wings, a cockpit, and a good underside, and you can't really see the facets well in this picture, but it's coming along pretty well smile.gif

And for the bomb doors issue, if they were flaps the plane would look mighty funny while landing.

I think the bombs should just drop out of the underside of the plane, no one's really going to miss a door opening for a half second while a bomb drops out.

Ummm it was along time ago and maybe things have changed, but a friend of mine had to guard one of those. And he was told he didn't have clearance to even look into the cockpit.

Can a real pic of the cockpit be found? For all I know they let little kids hop in em at air shows nowadays?

they still gaurd them, and on fighters and attack aircraft you cant just hop in one, they keep the canopy closed so you can just look inside. too much stuff to mess up.

spidey

the flaps down and flaps up animations are hard coded, you cant edit them to say open bombdoors etc...you could have it so that using the 'flaps down' button would lower the bomb bay doors but when flying the ai would open the doors to land....and wouldnt open them to fire, it would be very haphazard and probably not look too good (as flaps have to go down twice before they get somewhere near straight down)

f117cockpit.jpg

that's the cockpit with the canopy up, when the canopy is down the view is very restricting. I'm still looking for one with the canopy down.

what should the radar detection be like? see the airplane at a several distanmce, but almost visible at long-distance!?!?!?

HOW???

Stealth really wouldnt matter in this game, and that's pretty realistic because if an F-117 ever got as close as you need to get to see your enemy in this game its stealth features wouldnt work

...time to make more request pages  smile.gif

-but

are there enough modelers to be doing this all at one time?

-edit-\/

This could be a cool feature, if you push the weapon view button, have it be the view of the FLIR (forward looking infra red) and use it to target things.

Would that be possible?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaptorAce @ Oct. 01 2002,22:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Stealth really wouldnt matter in this game, and that's pretty realistic because if an F-117 ever got as close as you need to get to see your enemy in this game its stealth features wouldnt work<span id='postcolor'>

True, but the Shilka shouldn't be able to track it very well. Basically it should be very difficult if not impossible for AA units (missle and guns) to lock on to it.

Even heat seeking missles are supposed to have difficulty locking on to it, but then again I don't know how true this is. For all I know the missile that knocked down the one in Yugoslavia was a heat seeker.

But yeah, in OFP it probably shouldn't matter much.

It would just be cool to have them as a cool looking attack aircraft.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I just thought of something...

if the bomb bay doors don't open before you drop the bomb... wouldnt that make it a contact point, causing the bomb to explode as soon as it's dropped. I've been shot down by colliding w/ my own bombs in the Tornado and i think a few times in the A-10...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaptorAce @ Oct. 02 2002,23:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just thought of something...

if the bomb bay doors don't open before you drop the bomb... wouldnt that make it a contact point, causing the bomb to explode as soon as it's dropped.  I've been shot down by colliding w/ my own bombs in the Tornado and i think a few times in the A-10...<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! Good point. I guess the trick is to make it where their isn't any collision areas around the bomb bay so that the bomb basically falls through the bottom of the aircraft without hitting anything. Hopefully that'll keep that from happening. That is if that's possible to do... if not then yeah, unless you fly straight without turning or moving up or down, it'll probably blow up. Oh well... it still might be worth trying.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>