??  Is there a way to be certain which way you have left your guy facing once giving him a WP destination in the planning mode?

while placing down the waypoint, an arrow appears that you can drag in the desired direction. After letting go, a yellow marker pops up that you can refer to later.

This is great fun. My only question is this - is there any way to modify the AI audio to change the "ready" / "standing by" audio message to something a bit more discreet, like a simple squelch? When you are ordering around large numbers of AI dudes, the ready notifications can be quite persistent :)

As far as I know I can only turn it off entirely, so nope. I myself was quite annoyed by this and now I don't hear it anymore. Gonna look into it again at some point.

Thanks cheese. is it easy to disable the sound on that particular action?

Edit: sorry.. just realised i can turn off radio noises :) in an ideal world i would be able to replace the offending sound file with a squelch sound file.. but its probably more complicated than that.

Awesome work Mad_Cheese! Thanks for making and sharing.

/KC

You gave life to my singleplayer missions! Big thanks! Very nice to play with your mod! Makes much more real! Arma 3 is much more fun now!

while placing down the waypoint, an arrow appears that you can drag in the desired direction. After letting go, a yellow marker pops up that you can refer to later.

I have just toyed around a bit but noticed that this feature seems broken and the soldier looks in the wrong direction relative the yellow marker.

Also wonder if it's possible to disable all NUMPAD keys for controlling formation etc. and only have the keys set in the config to control the features?

Maybe it's somehow related to CBA (I'm using 1.1.23.150604 RC7 Hotfix 2)?

/KC

1st of all great work thx for that. Is it possible to add more ai´s in this mod and how i can refresh? If i play a mission with bon`s recruit infantry and they die all and after that i recruit some new.. the numpad makrers don´t work and it doesn´t show the new ones in the planing modus. Can you magic here a little bit ?

Now all we need is something that can coordinate MULTI arms at the same time.  Can you imaging pushing armour, infantry and air assets into battle, all coordinated by C2 ?  Would be amazing with the level of control.  No pressure MC ... next week fine ?  ;)

@MasterArrow1: Indeed the ability to just get an AI to haul ass to a position is currently game limitation. Devs say they are looking into it so keep your fingers crossed.

Is it possible to add more ai´s in this mod and how i can refresh? If i play a mission with bon`s recruit infantry and they die all and after that i recruit some new.. the numpad makrers don´t work and it doesn´t show the new ones in the planing modus. Can you magic here a little bit ?

I can't, because this is caused by bon's recruit script. Refreshing will fix this issue but BONS creates other conflicts as well, i.e. it kills units that don't have a player in their group. It is hands down impossible to be compatible with every script/addon/mission out there. 

The refresh button is accessible in the tablet (del-key) and the radial menu (U-key)

As for more AI's - I'll step it up to the max of 2 pages in the default HUD. After that, it comes at a price, so in order to maintain the same level of control over all your units, there needs to be a limit. A flexible layout for group/reserve/high command is what I'm putting my money on for managing absurd numbers of AI. 

I have just toyed around a bit but noticed that this feature seems broken and the soldier looks in the wrong direction relative the yellow marker.

Also wonder if it's possible to disable all NUMPAD keys for controlling formation etc. and only have the keys set in the config to control the features?

/KC

Whoops, gonna look into that, I have at least not made any observations. Keep in mind that results can differ.

The numpad function can be switched off - there's a small button in the top right screen when you open the radial menu.

Hey by the way are you the same KeyCat who used to fly Littlebirds on CharlieFoxtrot's Servers years ago?

Now all we need is something that can coordinate MULTI arms at the same time.  Can you imaging pushing armour, infantry and air assets into battle, all coordinated by C2 ?  Would be amazing with the level of control.  No pressure MC ... next week fine ?  ;)

Please explain further - this is what C2 is supposed to do in the first place :D

• Like 1

/KC

Agreed on yellow marker. Look opposite way often.

I noticed one thing with the helicopter dropoff waypoint feauture. It kicks everyone out of the chopper, including door gunners and co-pilot. Really enjoying the mod, can't wait to see what you have planned for the next update.

The numpad function can be switched off - there's a small button in the top right screen when you open the radial menu.

Hey by the way are you the same KeyCat who used to fly Littlebirds on CharlieFoxtrot's Servers years ago?

Thanks, will check out the radial menu.

Yes, I played 5-6 campaigns in CF and had a blast! Now days I usually get my PvP fix on the TacBF server - great teamwork!

/KC

I'm loving the Toughpad interface. Especially for heli command. I have a question though - I'm sure it's user error but..

When you have a heli on the ground (eg. landed after giving it a 'pickup' waypoint), and you board as a passenger, are you able to set new directions and waypoints via the tablet mode, say while sitting on an MH-9 bench? I can't seem to make that happen. Am I doing something wrong?

As a passenger, I can select the heli page, and then the unit itself in the tablet, but cannot get any new waypoints to appear on the map. Seems to work flawlessly up to that point, so is there another setting I need to hit?

guys - i am so sorry for this, thanks for the report. Indeed, I had to make a rather significant change to the system with 1.2 and this slipped by me. I have it fixed for the next small update, currently they will always look at the left bottom corner of the map :(

I noticed one thing with the helicopter dropoff waypoint feauture. It kicks everyone out of the chopper, including door gunners and co-pilot. Really enjoying the mod, can't wait to see what you have planned for the next update.

Yeah, this is sort of intended, but I will change it. Everybody except pilot and aircraft-crew classes are kicked out. I'll overhaul it, I need to make some adjustments towards BIS intended use of choppers anyways, I understand that a bit better now.

When you have a heli on the ground (eg. landed after giving it a 'pickup' waypoint), and you board as a passenger, are you able to set new directions and waypoints via the tablet mode, say while sitting on an MH-9 bench? I can't seem to make that happen. Am I doing something wrong?

If you are in a vehicle and you want the driver/pilot of that vehicle to move in planning mode: you need to hold down ALT while placing the WP's. To explain: In A3, If you are the gunner or commander of that vehicle, a mapclick results in your character commanding the driver to move there. That's not good for what you want to do and  I can't bypass it any other way than holding down ALT while placing the WP. I need to have a hint pop up in the tablet or something, It reallty does look like a bug if you don't know what to do, totally my bad

I'm having the same problem as JMDECC.

Sounds like you did not select any units in vanilla Arma before using suppression/radial menu. Just select with F# keys first.

As for the movement/selection : CTRL + F# selects a unit (CTRL + F1  for all units). confirm order with CTRL + RMB.

• Like 2

If you are in a vehicle and you want the driver/pilot of that vehicle to move in planning mode: you need to hold down ALT while placing the WP's. 

Sweet, thanks man, this keeps getting better and better. Being able to define view direction will be great too, especially when holding off hoards of zombies in a field (while waiting for heli extraction).

Just started toying around with this. I must say its a lovely system, now I can actually command my squad. I love how you can give orders when looking through UAV camera, it lets you set things up like in Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

I still have to play around with the planning mode, but I can suggest you to redo the tablet design. I should take the whole screen and menus should be positioned and scaled so player has as much view on the map as possible. Right now menus take half of the map screen.

• Like 1

Just started toying around with this. I must say its a lovely system, now I can actually command my squad. I love how you can give orders when looking through UAV camera, it lets you set things up like in Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

I still have to play around with the planning mode, but I can suggest you to redo the tablet design. I should take the whole screen and menus should be positioned and scaled so player has as much view on the map as possible. Right now menus take half of the map screen.

Tablet design will stay, but I'll include a method to toggle the controls, so you can turn them off until you need to change them and have the map be the map :D

IMPORTANT: I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO A DEDICATED A3 SERVER ANYMORE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP BY GIVING ME ACCESS FOR A SHORT PERIOD AND MAYBE TEST WITH ME (NEW ZEUS REMOTE etc) , PLEASE WRITE ME A PM OR TELL ME TO CONTACT YOU. THANK YOU!!

Hi Mad_cheese,

I haven't really tried your mod yet but it looks like you've brought Arma to the tactical level us poor single players have always hoped for. Thank you for your hard work :)!

I've got a problem though. I've just subscribed on Steam and enabled your mod in my addons library,  and I immediately notice it's breaking the script i'm currently working on. More precisely, it's breaking the mouse button eventHandlers i'm relying on in my mod. So i'm wondering : are you using MseBtnUp/Down eventHandlers by any chance? Do you neutralize them at some point (returns true with no condition)? If so, did you privatize them to keep their effect local to your own script ?

For instance, something like : FindDisplay 46 DisplayAddEventHandler["MouseButtonDown", "_this call MyFonction"] should rather look like : _MadCheese_MseBtnEH = FindDisplay 46 DisplayAddEventHandler["MouseButtonDown", "_this call MadCheese_MyFonction"];

The first one is global and will apply through all addons, potentially conflicting with other EHs, while the second is local and apply only on your mod.

Just trying to figure this out, as I definitely want to use both your and my mods.

Is a fix on the way for the current glitch where once sent to a position, your guy always faces south (not in the direction you need him to).

It's not that difficult to set up a dedicated server on your own machine for testing purposes. 

True, but my biggest issue is locality. I need someone to test with me and tell me what he sees. Like the noob that I am :D

are you using MseBtnUp/Down eventHandlers by any chance? Do you neutralize them at some point (returns true with no condition)? If so, did you privatize them to keep their effect local to your own script ?

I absolutely do use those and they are labeled but I'll take a look!

Is a fix on the way for the current glitch where once sent to a position, your guy always faces south (not in the direction you need him to).

it's already fixed, I had changed the structure and the variable gets tested before it's defined, so units always look at position [0,0,0] (bottom left corner of map)

I'm also hoping for that toggle button to open up the tablet map view a bit 8D

i promise ;)

The hud mode doesn't work and says :- error, missing ) , line 832 Mcc_C2_init_3d_sqf -> at the start of the game.

and error on line 454 Mcss_C2_events_sqf -> every time I use the mouse.

Try to fix it or tell me how to fix it. Also thinking to put Aia SA , please give C2  compatiblility list.

But otherwise it's a good mod.

I have cba v1.1.23.150604 RC7 Hotfix 2 and c2 v1.2

Arma 3 v1.44

Thank you.

Well.. you wouldn't happen to be the person who asked me on Steam if i could fix it for pirated versions? Apologies if you're not but the timing and topic of your post are extremely suspicious. If you're using 1.44 legacy, it won't work. V1.48 is required for C2! 

A list of compatible mods is not my responsibility. This is Arma, any patch to the game or any mod can screw up everything you love in it's entirety. So many people ask me this with a demanding tone and vote down the mod if I don't respond within 10mins, it would be more easy if you just tell me about any conflict, so I can fix it or warn about it. It's designed to work with ACE3, RHS, SuperFlash and CBA_A3. Those are the mods that I monitor for changes relating to C2.

Any unit mods etc should not be problematic. The only issues with C2 are:

• missions using the displayRemoveAllEventhandlers command
  • wrong version of game or CBA
  • missions/scripts/addons that issue behavioral orders to your group AI. "move here" or "watch here" - these things can override each other. A good example are automatic revive and rearm scripts. This works both ways btw, you can break a revive script by issuing an order with C2 too. You can fix these kinds of issues most of the time.
  • Like 2

Really looking forward to next version mate. Keep up the good work!

Also just ignore those asking for compatibility for the moment! And for those with the threatening tone .... Ignore them .

• Like 1