james2464

Kunduz, Afghanistan [10km] v1.20

How is the current state of this terrain?  Any issues playing with large groups of players?

How is the current state of this terrain? Any issues playing with large groups of players?

No problem playing with almost 50

This Map became very buggy with CUP_Terrains. Airport Road is now a small dust stripe and the game breaks here and then.

This Map became very buggy with CUP_Terrains. Airport Road is now a small dust stripe and the game breaks here and then.

You do know CUP is not required, correct?  Have you tested the results without it?  Maybe it's related, maybe not...but i wouldnt think so...

Yes I know that, I played it with AiA before and it did work fine on our Server. Now with CUP it became instable. We did not change anything except replacing AiA.

But Kunduz DOESN'T USE AiA or CUP...

It's fully self supported...

Perhaps what he's saying is that CUP/Kunduz (and AiA/Kunduz do not) somehow conflict with one-another, though I fail to see how given the Kunduz's self-sufficiency...

AiA or CUP are requirements....

When you're a moron like me and make a mission on Kunduz without removing them from the mod line. :(

This happened to me yesterday, in fact. I was like, "Hey, what's AiA doing there?" Removed AiA from my launcher and my mission won't load. LOL!

But Kunduz DOESN'T USE AiA or CUP...

It's fully self supported...

Which is something many don´t understand obviously. And frankly I can´t blame anyone for that (even though one could just read the description). Right now all these separate maps with their own A2 content not only require you to download the same stuff 2 or 3 times but also set different standards for every map in terms of ported buildings. The easiest way to fix this would be to switch to CUP_Core. It would set a standard across all maps, it would reduce download size for communities and it would remain extremely easy to install because CUP is available on the Workshop and authors can set their dependencies in the workshop settings accordingly.

Having said that, the Author has the last word on it.

• Like 1

You should be able to remove reference to it in the mission.sqm file, and that should fix your error.

AiA or CUP are requirements....

When you're a moron like me and make a mission on Kunduz without removing them from the mod line. :(

This happened to me yesterday, in fact. I was like, "Hey, what's AiA doing there?" Removed AiA from my launcher and my mission won't load. LOL!

• Like 1

for me the airport road is a tiny dirt path now even when running no other mods. Tried downloading the map again and everything. No other mods running except the map.

I can't seem to port my working missions on Kunduz to a dedicated Eden server... AI just falls through the map in loops and swim forward (instead of walking), same with vehicles (unmanned) that rotate weirdly.

This doesn't happen when launched as MP mission from the Editor... What could it be?

I tried making a sample mission with just 4 units (playable) and the swim-fallthrough-bug is there too.

HELP!!!

EDIT: My fault, I launched the dedicated server with nssm (launch any program as a service) and I had to hard code the startup parameters... first I had the armaholic version loaded on the server, and I changed it for the workshop version... The Dedicated Server couldn't load the map data anymore so he let the units and vehicles fall, but my client did the physics calculations with the terrain as ground surface...

anyone found a way to get back the airport road?

Any status on this map if its still being worked on?

I'm getting reports the terrain is crashing Arma 3 with just this mod loaded, can anyone confirm this?

Any status on this map if its still being worked on?

I consider the map finished however I will release an update to fix remaining polish bugs, maintain compatibility and adopt any available features that come with the new Apex expansion.

• Like 5

Been about a month or so but it was working fine.

There was a campaign i released where one guy had it crashing.  It turned out his folder was corrupt and he had to re-download the map completely to resolve.  IDK if it was a steam issue or not.

I haven't tested the latest RC or anything, but if i get around to it i'll let you know.  In the past i did experience some FPS issues but that has seemed to resolve itself (maybe a MOD conflict or ARMA itself).  Havent seen it recently and i dont remember it ever crashing the game itself...

If you do update the map, i know arma already release one update on the terrain specs.  Forget exactly what it was but i am sure you will find it.  Thanks for keeping this great map up to date!

I Love this mod.

But something is missing :

A stand Alone Faction like ISIS or Taliban.

I have found some Factions, but all of them needs 2 or more Addons als Request.

At the moment you have to add in 3 Factions to become the one, that you need.

Or = Download 5 GB for 1GB that you realy need ......

Have someone found a little Mod?

I Love this mod.

But something is missing :

A stand Alone Faction like ISIS or Taliban.

I have found some Factions, but all of them needs 2 or more Addons als Request.

At the moment you have to add in 3 Factions to become the one, that you need.

Or = Download 5 GB for 1GB that you realy need ......

Have someone found a little Mod?

Huh? What's wrong with CAF Aggressors? Has civs and insurgents and you only need that and the sound patch.

Huh? What's wrong with CAF Aggressors? Has civs and insurgents and you only need that and the sound patch.

Hui last Thuersday a oculist for a check of my Eyes. He says everything is fine, but now.... seems that there is something wrong, no Idea why i does  not find it by myself. Thank you very much. :bigglasses:

Getting Kunduz ready for Apex! Lots of updates coming for v1.2  :)

• Like 15

Where can you place a Blufor Alive Base on this map? The debugger only lists one location and its full of rocks which explode everything.

@dissident, use military custom objective's