james2464

Kunduz, Afghanistan [10km] v1.20

8 minutes ago, serjames said:

Do you know if it's now 64Bit compatible mate ?

Me or the offtopic guy above? :)

I haven’t checked since the doors issue. Although I consider it one of my all-time favorite maps, easily, the map has an issue with massive frame drops when looking through scopes. Never seen anything like it before TBH. It also has this bullet proof vegetation and problems with AI sinking and getting stuck in the floors of houses (these less of a big deal, but still) so I personally consider it unplayable.

Its sad to say but it is what it is. I can tolerate a lot of problems but Kunduz has more than I can personally tolerate so no I haven’t checked.

I’d love for someone to adopt this bad boy and clean it up. That would make me happy beyond belief.

Not to bump an old thread which is only frowned apon if you have nothing important to add ........but i do :)

For those of you who love this map but are still waiting, or looking for a fixed door version, there is one on Steam Workshop,

its the same as the original but a patch was applied by a modder and he fixed the doors, idk why he didn't reply on the thread here but whatever.

So for those that know about this already then well ignore this message and for those who do not know about this, then well heres a fixed door version!

Kunduz Afghanistan - Fixed Doors

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1188303655

I can testify the doors do work! :thumbsup:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Can anyone confirm the following for me?

On our servers we are currently still running the Kunduz version from James with the non-working doors. I noticed that the fixed door version only contains the pbo files and no .bisign files, so I was wondering if we could just replace the existing files with the files from the fixed door version?

I tried on my own computer and missions we made on the version from James seemed to load in fine but I would like to confirm if we can replace the files before actually doing so on server level and telling our clan members to do the same.

1 hour ago, celticalliance said:

Can anyone confirm the following for me?

On our servers we are currently still running the Kunduz version from James with the non-working doors. I noticed that the fixed door version only contains the pbo files and no .bisign files, so I was wondering if we could just replace the existing files with the files from the fixed door version?

I tried on my own computer and missions we made on the version from James seemed to load in fine but I would like to confirm if we can replace the files before actually doing so on server level and telling our clan members to do the same.

As far as I’m aware the map author posted over on Steam that people are now free to do what they’d like with the map, so I think you should be fine. Look through his Workshop comments though to confirm but I’m fairly sure it’s ok.

On 2/14/2019 at 6:52 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

As far as I’m aware the map author posted over on Steam that people are now free to do what they’d like with the map, so I think you should be fine. Look through his Workshop comments though to confirm but I’m fairly sure it’s ok.

Thank you for your reply. I took the liberty to check if this worked, but it did not. In fact as soon as I joined the server I was kicked off.

My apologies. I think I should have been more concise about saying I was referring to replacing files on server level.

Anyway, what I did was replace the files from the original map with the fixed doors versions, on both server and client level. I didn't touch the .bisign files. I think I didn't even make it to the role selection screen afterwards. I was kicked off the server quite quickly. Apparently the files need to be re-signed with another key.

On client level everything worked fine however. I really like this map a lot so maybe I'll sign the new files with my own key or something.

Anyone still checking this thread? I modified Kunduz's lighting and bringed the old lighting back. It looks incredible!

However, the map is not completely the same as before because the ground textures were designed for the old middle eastern lighting.

Picture 1)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2076280161 

Picture 2)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2076280566

The colour harmony and the shadows are back pretty much, if there are people who miss the good ol' feeling of old Kunduz, here is the link;

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2070681304

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2020 at 2:29 PM, nikiforos said:

Finally I can play on this map again!

Me too! However I'm very sad. It looks like they removed some ground textures too. I also tried changing the ground textures, ended up with bad stuff. The horizon is also not white like it used to, but well definetly better than the current Kunduz lighting 😄

• Like 1

Hello, bumping back here to talk about some news.

Work has started, check it out:

• Like 1

I just updated my JBAD buildings Mod (have been using a version form 2016/17)  After I updated it now most of the doors on my Kunduz map won't open.  Is there any fix? Thanks!  I'm using a 2015 version of this map it appears in my files.  Should I update to the 2016 version? 

2 hours ago, tmp95 said:

I just updated my JBAD buildings Mod (have been using a version form 2016/17)  After I updated it now most of the doors on my Kunduz map won't open.  Is there any fix? Thanks!  I'm using a 2015 version of this map it appears in my files.  Should I update to the 2016 version? 

Same before  Kunduz - fixed doors ? which mod are you using?

Just in case, see also this post.

hi everyone

i used this map to dedicatited server.
but dedicatited server send me error message.
"Script scripts\Gemini\fnc_lightSource.sqf not found"

plz help me..