Sign in to follow this  
Mattastic

Huron Retexture/Config Problem

With the latest release of the .PSD for the Huron by Bohemia, I went and re textured it. This is what happened...

http://i.imgur.com/0fF3zr9.jpg (163 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/lGu6ivz.jpg (164 kB)

I'm not sure where this problem originates from.

Here is the helicopters portion of my config:

class MEF_USMC_Huron: B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_F
			{
				_generalMacro = "B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_F";
				side = 1;
				scope = 2;
				faction = "MEF";
				vehicleClass = "MEF_A3_Units_4";
				crew = "B_Helipilot_F";
				displayName = "MEF Huron [CH-67]";
				typicalCargo[] = {"B_Helipilot_F"};
				hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"mef_mod\textures\air\mef_Heli_Transport_03_CO.paa"};
				incomingMissileDetectionSystem = 16;
				weapons[] = {"CMFlareLauncher"};
				magazines[] = {"300Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"};
				maximumLoad = 10000;
				transportMaxWeapons = 8;
				transportMaxMagazines = 200;
				transportMaxBackpacks = 10;
			};

The config has not yet been extended to include the inventory magazines and such, but this is the base that gets it into the game. Can someone please help me identify the problem that exists here.

do I need to include hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"camo"};?

You need both textures applied at once.

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"mef_mod\textures\air\mef_Heli_Transport_03_01_CO.paa","mef_mod\textures\air\mef_Heli_Transport_03_02_CO.paa"};

Nice job, and a pretty chopper you have there. :) I'm happy you enjoy the Huron, and glad that RedPhoenix managed to help you before I found this threat, so you could get it working sooner. :)

Nice job, and a pretty chopper you have there. :) I'm happy you enjoy the Huron, and glad that RedPhoenix managed to help you before I found this threat, so you could get it working sooner. :)

Now that you are here:

Do you plan on releasing more PSD templates for more vehicles? It would make EVERYTHING regarding textures a lot easier.

Thanks! RedPhoenix was very helpful indeed, here is a preview of the finished product that I will release today.

http://i.imgur.com/sAsFZxL.jpg

Looks great. If you want to add some real depth, create a new rvmat with new nohq and smdi texture files.

new nohq map only makes sense if there is actually anything new on the normal map... the decals he added dont produce a normal effect. If you just add stuff at random it will look worse then before.

new nohq map only makes sense if there is actually anything new on the normal map... the decals he added dont produce a normal effect. If you just add stuff at random it will look worse then before.

I thought that this would be obvious.

Now that you are here:

Do you plan on releasing more PSD templates for more vehicles? It would make EVERYTHING regarding textures a lot easier.

We discuss this, but I have no details at the moment, sorry.

The texture of the Huron is not as unique of a texture as the other vanilla choppers. By unique I mean portions of the texture are just duplicated on other parts of the model. Are their plans to release a more extensive, complete texture file or is this it?

that would require them to remake the model basically... I don't think thats going to happen.

Very nice Huron, but where you get the PSD Template? I can't find it anyway.

Very nice Huron, but where you get the PSD Template? I can't find it anyway.

Look in the Arma III Tools folder.

Hi! If u use an unpacker, u can use the already made templates in air.pbo by the devs. I did with my reskins and it has been succesful ever since. Also, the reason why ur heli looked like that is because the heli relies on more than one skin file. Same applies with the mohawk

Anyways, if ur having any further trouble with air skins, dont hesitate to pm me, u may also use my skins as a template :D

Regards,

Rawner135

The Huron texture is in the Sample dir within the arma tools folder. The other new heli (Taru) is not in there and resides under an Encrypted PBO (EBO) within a folder called HELI in the ArmA 3 root directory. Correct me if I am wrong but you cannot unpack EBO files.

The textures in AIR.PBO are not templates. They are PAA files and not PSD (photoshop) files. Or has something changed? I'm at work and cannot check.

You are correct. Those are inaccessible though, right?

Yes. In order to protect the validity of a paid for DLC I would suppose. I think they will be released for access next year. But the big question from the modders is: When?

Edited by Zeotrope

But wait, how is this guy asking help for his retextured Huron?!? If he is asking help for is already retextured huron, then where the hell did he get the template?!? Has he hacked into the ebo files?!? :eek:

you are confused about the huron and taru, the huron template is in the arma 3 tools folder, the taru is locked in the ebo.

Have you checked the core Samples_F folder again recently?

I have six .psd files in total for the DLC choppers in my tools drive under C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Samples_F\HelicoptersDLC_Textures.

There are 2 for the Huron (Heli_Transport_03_ext01_CO.psd & Heli_Transport_03_ext02_CO.psd), 2 for the the Taru (Heli_Transport_04_Base_01_CO.psd & Heli_Transport_04_Base_02_CO.psd) plus 2 for the Taru pods (Heli_Transport_04_Pod_Ext01_CO.psd & Heli_Transport_04_Pod_Ext02_CO.psd)

They're not copied over to the other Samples_F folder on my dev-folder though (i.e. P:\Samples_F) so maybe one has to re-run the DevP installation tool to do that first. Or perhaps they're currently only on the Tools dev branch?

Ok.. little request...

I am away on a trip, far from my PC. I would love to take some time to work on the texture. Is it possible for one of you to send me the PSD of the Huron via DropBox or Email? I would really appreciate it.

Thx Guys.

Silly