leight

Leights OPFOR Pack

On World Tribune, Pentagon confirms ISIL captured tanks, building ‘faster’ military force:

When IS routed the Iraqi Army in northern Iraq back in June, the latter abandoned a lot of equipment as they literally stripped down to their underwear and ran away.

This is not truth that IS captured 50 tanks, they captured only 5 M1A1, all of them destroyed, however they captured some number of T-55 type tanks at one caputred FOB. However number of caputred tanks was no way near 50 in Iraq. Also in Iraq they did not captured T-62 tanks, Iraqi Army operates only T-54/55, T-72 and M1A1 tanks.

Again, carefully watch IS propaganda, they would show captured M1A1's in action, however up to this day nothing, no photos, no videos.

Pentaon officials might reported about capturing tanks in general, and someone confused things with capturing M1A1's means they were kept and used by IS, tough IS itself does not confirm such thing.

However they actually shown M1A1 captured in that FOB, and they burned it as it was abandoned by Iraqi troops.

That's a lot of information without one single source. Info on war gets twisted and manipulated by people's opinions on the world so often, it would be nice if you could be so kind as to provide at least one article depicting IS capturing M1A1's.

I can provide you with photos, however I doubt terrorist propaganda is something that should be presented on this great forum.

However I made my own research by simply diging through terrorists propaganda and counting vehicles they presented.

Seriously, do a research, it is not something that will be anywhere soon presented in article, but making own research do not harm, and can be very educating.

http://www.tank-net.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38977&page=1

However this forum might help, me and my collegues from tank and armored fighting vehicles enthusiasts community, kept attention to events and tried to make sense from all this chaos.

You can also notice how much our knowledge and opinions about some events changed when more and more source material was avaiable. This subject of research is unfortunately very fluid, so it's difficult to make sense by the first look on source material.

Edited by Damian90

I cannot change humvee camo because RHS models are not prepared for this, like many vehicles.

I cannot change humvee camo because RHS models are not prepared for this, like many vehicles.

Yet. :)

Maybe darken the camo, make it smaller, and make the boots black. Looks not too bad :)

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

I've got a surprise for you :D

---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

Check your personal inbox Leight. I think you'll be pleased!

I think they look cool, but they should be using M16s or AKs instead of M4's I think, judging from these pictures:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/ANA_soldier_on_patrol_in_Nawa_District_bazaar_2009-07-06.jpg

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/afghan-forest-11.jpg

Their commandos use M4s and more up to date weapons, I'm pretty sure.

Yes i know but only GL are using m4 with grenade launcher beacuse there is no m16 with gl

Did you see the texture I sent you? It has some pretty sweet patches. I did some experimenting and the camp looks much better if it's more saturated.

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

Did you see the texture I sent you? It has some pretty sweet patches. I did some experimenting and the camp looks much better if it's more saturated.
camo*

A little tip for when you have to fill a texture with a small camo pattern (like the ANA digital): Before pasting the camo pattern, it helps a lot to make it "seamless" so it blends together well. If you use gimp it's as simple as right clicking then Filters->Map->Make Seamless. Then the small pattern is ready to fill the full 2048x2048 texture. :)

Im using PS CS5 but i'll check this.

---------- Post added at 01:24 ---------- Previous post was at 00:43 ----------

But i think there is no need now. I played with PS and i made my own ana camo hd :)

2F6613BB0DB1159A2D67DC692B0AFBA80229F0E7

Edited by Leight

That looks really awesome! I do suggest you use the patches with the gold trim like I sent you though :D they look really cool. Also again the boots should really be black as a technical thing.

---------- Post added at 03:32 ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 ----------

2015-01-23_00005.jpg?dl=0

---------- Post added at 03:33 ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 ----------

2015-01-23_00005.jpg?_subject_uid=370576650&w=AABrJPENgjUTopavDDz3w-VytFxgGLOsdAm0H4g3uGtuHg

Very good work, anytime better,

Where is the side (BLUFOR,OPFOR...) for new CDF?

CDF - Blufor, Fisto i made better camo there is screen. 1024x640.resizedimage

Still loving this pack, for an idea with the modernized CDF, perhaps adding a few units with little pieces of older US gear (ACU flaks or basic M4/M16's from RHS?). Would make it seem as though the US/NATO has armed, or is in the process of arming them.

Thanks for the update, very nice!

I get this error if I open the Zeus menu.

no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.LOP_IA_T72BB'