ImperialAlex

"Fixed" Arsenal - an Arsenal-improving workaround

Tonic's VAS has load on respawn function, can we expect this function?

Tonic's VAS has load on respawn function, can we expect this function?

Sort-of. Not in this mod, since this mod is very strictly supposed to be a "fixed" version of the vanilla arsenal. Doing load-on-respawn is something that should be handled by a script - and it probably wouldn't be too difficult.

IIRC there's even something similar somewhere in vanilla arma. It's related to Zeus and/or the new A3 respawn/etc modules and it involves giving players a list of loadouts to choose from. If there's enough interest, I might investigate writing a script for that.

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

When I have this mod active, the Arsenal action isn't showing up in the context menu when called like this:

in a box's init field. Do I need to do something differently to use this?

I've just found the cause for this - I apparently accidentally deleted the call responsible for setting that up ;)

This will be fixed in v1.4, which will hopefully be released later tonight :)

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

Looks good!

Is there a feedback tracker issue we can vote on for BIS to integrate those fixes?

Thanks! I don't know if there's one for partial loading, but there is one for composite item handling here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20978 (that's the bug that started this entire mod) and there are a few older issues related to the arsenal, some featuring some of the same ideas, however none of them are quite the same thing as this mod.

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Looks good!

Also, any chance you can figure out what is causing this bug?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21499

I'll have a look later, but I don't expect it to be arsenal related. Much more likely to simply be a config error, something along the lines of wrong scope.

This mod has been updated to v1.4

Download the new version (*.zip) here.

Changelog:

* Fixed addAction added by addVirtual...Cargo

* Improved feedback for players when trying to load non-available items

* Removed *.rpt spam caused by loading non-available items.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Could you explain how to put this mod into work for people who are far from experienced with scripts?

It seems to be the only area not covered throughout this thread.

Could you explain how to put this mod into work for people who are far from experienced with scripts?

It seems to be the only area not covered throughout this thread.

Hey! As this mod tries to be as non-invasive as possible, you'll always have to do some scripting to set up your white lists. IF you don't feel like doing any scripting yourself, the simplest thing would be to start with this script here:

http://hastebin.com/tixatuvodu.md , save it into the root (top most) folder of your mission as XLA_RestrictedArsenal.sqf and then put down any object (ammoboxes sort of make sense for this) and put the following into its init field:

null = [this] execVM ""XLA_restrictedArsenal.sqf""

The whitelist in my script already has classnames for vanilla ArmA, ACRE, TFAR, AGM,Massis's NATO pack, RH M4/M16 and a few other mods. Simply comment/un-comment lines in the respective lists to disallow/allow them.

ImperialAlex: Is there an option to turn the whilelist into a blacklist?

We run quite a lot of mods and we'd like to just exclude a bunch of items (like vanilla weapons, MCC items for instance). The list of items we want to remove is a looot shorter than the list of items we want to include :)

ImperialAlex: Is there an option to turn the whilelist into a blacklist?

We run quite a lot of mods and we'd like to just exclude a bunch of items (like vanilla weapons, MCC items for instance). The list of items we want to remove is a looot shorter than the list of items we want to include :)

Not at the moment - I'm thinking about adding black-listing in a future version, but it's not something that the vanilla arsenal supports so I'll have to write it from scratch.

Roger that! Thanks for the reply :)

I have problem with "Task Force Radio". I have whitelisted all SW radios, but, when i save and load my gear it says thet that specific radio is not whitelisted.

Example: classname of that radio is: tf_anprc148jem

But when u take it it automaticly become tf_anprc148jem_1 , tf_anprc148jem_2 ... etc.

And when I load saved gear I got message that tf_anprc148jem_1 is not whitelisted.

How can I solve that problem?

//Lists of items to include

_gearAndStuffArray = [

//weapons

"rhs_weap_ak74m",

"rhs_weap_ak74m_folded",

"rhs_weap_ak74m_camo",

... and other stuff here....

//TFAR

"tf_anarc164",

"tf_anarc210",

"tf_anprc155",

"tf_anprc155_coyote",

"tf_mr3000",

"tf_mr3000_bwmod",

"tf_mr3000_multicam",

"tf_mr3000_rhs",

"tf_mr6000l",

"tf_rt1523g",

"tf_rt1523g_big",

"tf_rt1523g_big_bwmod",

"tf_rt1523g_big_rhs",

"tf_rt1523g_black",

"tf_rt1523g_bwmod",

"tf_rt1523g_fabric",

"tf_rt1523g_green",

"tf_rt1523g_rhs",

"tf_rt1523g_sage",

"tf_anprc148jem",

"tf_anprc152",

"tf_anprc154",

"tf_fadak",

"tf_pnr1000a",

"tf_rf7800str",

];

//Populate with predefined items and whatever is already in the crate

[_box, _gearAndStuffArray, false, true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualItemCargo;

[_box, _gearAndStuffArray, false, true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualWeaponCargo;

[_box, _gearAndStuffArray, false, true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualMagazineCargo;

[_box, _gearAndStuffArray, false, true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualBackpackCargo;

Edited by mali_boki_87

Would it be possible to lock categories ? So someone doesn't press it and lose whatever he has now

Would it be possible to lock categories ? So someone doesn't press it and lose whatever he has now

Mh, that'd require some considerably more significant changes to vastly different parts of the code (The UI lives in its own happy little area), but it should be possible.

I see the issue with loosing non-whitelisted items, but how would 'locking' work in detail? In general you might still want to access a category, e.g. if you want to replace your non-whitelisted gun with a whitelisted gun.

If you're talking about disabling entire categories (i.e. 'this arsenal doesn't allow you to change your gun'), I think I recall reading something along those lines somewhere in/around the vanilla arsenal - I'll investigate this during the next week and see what I can find/come up with.

I have problem with "Task Force Radio". I have whitelisted all SW radios, but, when i save and load my gear it says thet that specific radio is not whitelisted.

Example: classname of that radio is: tf_anprc148jem

But when u take it it automaticly become tf_anprc148jem_1 , tf_anprc148jem_2 ... etc.

And when I load saved gear I got message that tf_anprc148jem_1 is not whitelisted.

How can I solve that problem?

I solved that problem by adding all the individual radios to the whitelist, too. I didn't want to type them all in, so I just wrote this little one-liner:

for "_x" from 0 to 512 step 1 do { _whitelist = _whitelist+ ["tf_anprc152_" + str _x , "tf_rf7800str_" + str _x]};

This is simply based on my guess that radio ID's don't ever go above 512 and in normal use I've never seen them go that high.

This only adds the bluefor radios, just add "tf_XXXX_" + str _x for each radio. Replace XXX with e.g. anprc148jem. Don't forget the "_" at the end of the tf_XXXX_ bit).

I had to reinstall the game and download all my addons again. so when I start the game with mods and fixed arsenal running, it doesn't allow me to load certain loadouts that I saved in the virtual arsenal before :(

I had to reinstall the game and download all my addons again. so when I start the game with mods and fixed arsenal running, it doesn't allow me to load certain loadouts that I saved in the virtual arsenal before :(

If fixed arsenal is actually running, it should allow you to load *any* outfit, it might just complain that some parts are missing. What do you mean by "it won't allow"? Do you see colors in your "load outfit" menu?

Can you send me the mission you're using and your modlist?

Edited by ImperialAlex

no my load out menu looks like fixed arsenal isn't running at all but when I go to expansions ARMA tells me that it's on. the loadouts that are available are white and the ones that are blocked are grey

Edited by Johnny-O-Rama

no my load out menu looks like fixed arsenal isn't running at all but when I go to expansions ARMA tells me that it's on. the loadouts that are available are white and the ones that are blocked are grey

Not working for me either, tried PWS and manual download but all of a sudden stopped working.

Not working for me either, tried PWS and manual download but all of a sudden stopped working.

That's very weird. Are you using my steam mission to test? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=331806334

I'm currently (as in: this very minute) of updating the mod to include the arma v1.36 updates to the arsenal. With a bit of luck, that will also solve any issue you have - if not, we need to start bug-hunting together ;)

EDIT: Are you running any other mods?

EDIT2: Found the issue. ASDG Joint Rails have done their own "fixed" arsenal since v0.10/v0.11 This will delay the next release somewhat, since I'll be moving my function to a different script name.

Luckily Moricky just introduced something like _function instead of constantly using the full name, should make it a lot easier. Except another few days for testing/debugging.

Edited by ImperialAlex

That's very weird. Are you using my steam mission to test? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=331806334

I'm currently (as in: this very minute) of updating the mod to include the arma v1.36 updates to the arsenal. With a bit of luck, that will also solve any issue you have - if not, we need to start bug-hunting together ;)

EDIT: Are you running any other mods?

EDIT2: Found the issue. ASDG Joint Rails have done their own "fixed" arsenal since v0.10/v0.11 This will delay the next release somewhat, since I'll be moving my function to a different script name.

Luckily Moricky just introduced something like _function instead of constantly using the full name, should make it a lot easier. Except another few days for testing/debugging.

If you're interested, it is possible to incorporate my tiny changes to the arsenal function in a way that will not induce any dependency. So that people running your mod and JR will have the full functionality of both.

if (isnil "asdg_jointrails_fnc_getCompatibleAttachments") {

//vanilla compatible attachments code

} else {

//asdg jr compatible attachments code

}

If you're interested, it is possible to incorporate my tiny changes to the arsenal function in a way that will not induce any dependency. So that people running your mod and JR will have the full functionality of both.

if (isnil "asdg_jointrails_fnc_getCompatibleAttachments") {

//vanilla compatible attachments code

} else {

//asdg jr compatible attachments code

}

Thanks, that's a very elegant way to do that! I usually check CfgPatches for an entry, but this is a lot more elegant because if ASDG ever drops that function, it'll fail relatively gracefully.

so did you end up fixing it? is there a new version of yours out?

Hi! Version 2.0 is very close to release - the mod has seen some major re-writing and additions and I very narrowly missed my target of releasing it before I went away from christmas/newyear.

I'll finish the final steps of the release over the next few days (mostly testing and writing documentation and examples) and with a bit of luck your issue will be gone in the new release.

Small teaser: The new version will feature blacklisting,too!