Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL/Daesh) Discussion

I think there should be one thread about the whole middle east ,instead of separate ones! Everything is linked together and highly contextual.

The Syrian one started to keep track of the Syrian Civil War, but as IS moved from Iraq to also Syria... this second thread was created.

To me it makes more sense to comment here, because the actual situation with IS not only affects Syria.

The problem is that there are also other threads about Middle East like the Israel one, that might be a bit different. But yeah I kind of agree with you.

Seems no ones really interested in fighting these thugs except those who are actually fighting them.

Here's another report:

( Al Jazeera ) Turkish jets 'bomb PKK targets in southeast'

Yeah, seems that the Turkish Gov. has a "better" agenda... :j:

Let's heat some... :popcornsmilie:

Edited by MistyRonin
correcting link

Please focus on events happening on a more micro level, for example... Syria/Irak + surrounding regions.

USA kept secret about chemical weapon findings in Iraq

Toxic legacy of the West from former Iraqi chemical weapon programm 1979-91.

IS could capture Sarin Gas. Around 2500 rockets with chemical warheads were located in the chemical complex al-Muthana before the Islamic state did capture it.

To justify the war the US did talk about imaginary chemical weapons. After they found chemical weapons in Iraq they kept secret about it. Remainders could fall into the hands of the Islamic State. In the years after the Iraq war around 5000 chemical weapons were found in form of warheads, shells and aerial bombs.

All weapons were produced before 1991. The chemical weapon programm in Iraq did exist from 1979 until 1991.

Several US soldiers were exposed to chemical substances and obtained insufficient treatment because of the secrecy. A huge part of the weapons were developed in the USA, produced in Europe and in facilities in Iraq filled with chemical substances. Western companies did build the facilities in Iraq.

Most of the chemical weapons were found northwest of Baghdad - the region which is controlled since June by the IS/Islamic State. The government in Iraq did tell the UN that around 2500 rockets with chemical warheads were in the chemical complex al-Muthana before the Islamic state did capture it.

The New York Times did investigate and released a huge article about it:

The Secret Casualties of Iraq’s Abandoned Chemical Weapons

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/14/world/middleeast/us-casualties-of-iraq-chemical-weapons.html?ref=world

http://www.n-tv.de/politik/USA-vertuschten-Chemiewaffenfunde-im-Irak-article13787096.html

*What about Al Qaeda in this region before, could extremist capture chemical weapons and use it in Syria before the world did hear about the organisation Islamic State since many of the old chemical weapons were buried ?

Edited by oxmox

What does that even have to do with the topic of this thread?

Edit, previous thread from Vilas deleted by mod.

Edited by Katipo66

Saddening story, but it has no place in this thread.

IS now flying jets just gets weirder by the minute.

WTF! Is there any more confirmation? I know that they have taken airports and bases, but you need special training to fly fighter jets.

Also it seems the Kurds may have won Kobane for now with IS retreating

http://www.hirunews.lk/94859/islamic-state-being-driven-out-syrias-kobane

If you have most of the best air forces in the World covering your back it's not that difficult :P

@Misty - Iraqi pilots are either training or flying for them. Sorry can't get sources now.

And the airstrikes are definitely helping but it must have been one hell of a fight on the ground, these are the guys who needs weapons and all sorts of help, as far as my limited knowledge goes I believe Iran is the only country to supply weapons to these guys, it's interesting reading about the 'co-operation' between US/Iran in this area.. It's clear IS should be the main focus.

Edited by Katipo66
Spelling

It is said in this article according to the Iraqi government, the Islamic State did overrun an area where 2500 corroded rockets (from the 1979-91 chem. weapon program) are located which are equipped with chemical warheads. The rockets were filled with Sarin but are allegedly too old to be used.

The Telegraph reports the following:

Isil jihadists may have access to chemicals for dirty bombs

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11165789/Isil-jihadists-may-have-access-to-chemicals-for-dirty-bombs.html

Edited by oxmox

Well, IS a group of sadistic fanatics that have US weapons ( from HUMMWVs to Abrams taken from the Iraqi Army ), now even jets and possibly dirty bombs...

What could go wrong?

I found this video on youtube ,but i highly doubt they can pilot fighters ,otherwise that would only support my doubts concernign all this IS story (too good to be believable) :

Edited by Xalteva

( BBC ) Kobane: US airdrops for Kurds battling IS

US Central Command said C-130 transport aircraft had made "multiple" drops.

Earlier US air strikes have helped push back IS militants intent on taking control of the town, which lies near the border with Turkey.

Correspondents say the move is likely to anger key US ally Turkey.

It is said in this article according to the...... [/url]

My comment was regarding a post after yours from Vilas which has now been completely removed by mod, All good.

On a side note it's somewhat embarrassing watching Turkey and US fumble around with this, Turkey clearly wants to go after Assad at the soonest and we want say anything re us.

Edited by Katipo66

By the way, how would Turkey benefit from getting rid of Assad?Shouldn´t it be in their interest to have a stable country next to them?

By the way, how would Turkey benefit from getting rid of Assad?Shouldn´t it be in their interest to have a stable country next to them?

Well, i'm not sure Assad is a factor of stability, but anyway Turkey and Iran are opposing forces trying to gain influence in Syria.

Never mind, I mis-read post.

Edited by Katipo66
Mis-read post

Precisely. Assad is a source of inestability, and Turkey can directly or covertly rule over a future Syria ( Cyprus like ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyWgM9LbmN0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri2WE9R_5As

Soldier has been shot this morning [Wednesday] at the War Memorial in front of Parliament hill in Ottawa.
Gunman stormed the building and fired off 30-50 shots according to reports.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/parliament-hill-attacked-soldier-shot-at-national-war-memorial-in-ottawa-1.2808710

A few years ago a plot to behead the Prime Minister was stopped.

As of 8am PST, theres'a gunman inside the Parliament buildings. Edited by jblackrupert

Like it is stated in the video ,it's like the black guy from England story, which happened to be a car accident with an idiot claiming to be a terrorist (you can find a lot of youtube videos proving that ,lol that blood effect on his hand is so badly done :D) ,and the funny thing, is that the same story is used again ! like the England case, it is a car accident manipulated to look like a terrorist attack ! and why the guy posted on Facebook a photo of him face covered ?

This is a normal accident of a drunk guy who hit two soldiers, and it has been turned into a cheap terrorist attack!

Not surprising from a neo-conservative media.