7 hours ago, Siege-A said:

Many thanks, though I think Hawaiian deserves all the credit there, as he was the original one to make all those helmet/mask combos. As for the weapons...I am currently planning to remove EricJ's weapons from the mod, and replacing them with A3 defaults. This will be done in favor of new optional weapon configs that will be made so players can choose what works best for them. Main reason I decided on doing this, the weapons included haven't been updated in quite some time, and in my own opinion, they feel a bit 'dated'. Not a jab at EricJ, as I absolutely love his work and his weapons packs. So in that case, I feel it would make more sense to have his weapons as an optional config. Otherwise a bunch of work needs to be done to bring those weapons back up to speed.

So, while I'm on the subject, I'll go ahead and reveal some of the future plans for this mod...just keep in mind all of this is WIP and subject to change. Also, I'm not gonna dive too deep into the new assets/models that are in the works, rather save that for when they get closer to completion. Hawaiian also has some further contributions that he never had a chance to release, which will be included once ready.

- General Config cleanup/optimization

- Additional Units/Groups for editor placement and updates to UI

- Replacing EricJ weapons with A3 Defaults

- Optional Weapon Configs (RHS, EricJ, SMA) *Could use additional feedback here to see what weapon packs are most favored

- Additional Gear/Uniform retextures and camo sets

- Additional PBO's for Rangers of earlier time periods

- New equipment assets/models

And just as a treat, here's a screenshot of one of the new model assets that is nearly ready. Model and texture created by DaveGary. I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out which item it is in the pic. I'll release more info as the time comes.

WDBHzJ4.jpg

Siege, I would appreciate an optional CUP weapon config.  I have plans on creating some campaigns with the 75th Rangers vs some of my Custom CUP Opfor factions.  Also makes sense as you have all of the CUP US Army vehicles for campaigns as well.

• Like 4

Went back a few pages and couldn't see a clear answer on my question. Are you allowing reskins for private gaming group use? If yes, is there a chance you'll make the template (photoshop) available?

Thanks!

As someone who likes to create RHS based campaigns and CUP based campaigns...I can't express how happy I am that this is a free standing mod that can be adjusted to either.  Great work guys and I'm really impressed with the upcoming additions as well. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rich_R said:

Went back a few pages and couldn't see a clear answer on my question. Are you allowing reskins for private gaming group use? If yes, is there a chance you'll make the template (photoshop) available?

Thanks!

Probably would be better to clear that through Hawaiian, he created many of the textures used currently. Try shooting him a PM, he still pops in from time to time, and I'm sure he would be willing to help you out...always nice when people actually ask. Anyhow, if you don't hear back from him, I'll see what I can do.

• Like 2

Okay guys, a little progress update on the MICH helmet. Been toying around with the flag patch on the sides of the helmet and came up with something that works out pretty nicely (at least I think so anyways). I've always wished that Bohemia would incorporate an insignia system which could also be used with vests/helmets/backpacks, but since there's not a big chance of that happening, I threw together a slight workaround. I've added a hiddenSelectionsTextures for the insignia area on both sides of the helmet (may also do a rear one now that I think about it), and if you happen to be running let's say...USP Patches (or something similar), you can use the patch image file as the texture. Effectively allowing players to customize the patches on their helmet (and other gear as its implemented), pretty cool right? Only drawback that I see to this so far, is you can't do a nohq (normal map) for the insignia, but not really a big deal. I'll have to look into it further to see if there's any other negative results to using this method, but from what I'm seeing so far, I'm digging it. And as a side note, I made some green retextures of the helmet as seen in pic, and plan to do some further updating to the textures all around.

*All insignias seen in the picture were activated through the hiddenSelectionsTextures on the same helmet model. Should work with any patch image file (128x128, 256x256, 512x512, etc)

C9M4ih3.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

OMG that is one sexy looking MICH right there i thought it was sexy before,amazing work!

Is that the same mich as before with alot of changes?

• Like 1

Same one, just stripped of some of the accessories and painted green. With badass patches thrown all over it, lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Siege-A said:

Same one, just stripped of some of the accessories and painted green. With badass patches thrown all over it, lol

lol Oh ok thanks looks sick,great work!

Can't wait

Insignia system complete on both the MICH and CIRAS. Added velcro attachment area to the back, as well as smaller ones for the sides (accessories). Helmet has 3 separate hiddenSelections for each side, and CIRAS with the one. All of this has been done mainly for player customization, I'm not planning on adding a ton of patch files to the mod and 4,000 different vest/helmet setups either. Info will be provided in the documentation for changing the selection textures.

tjnApz4.jpg

• Like 18

On 10/20/2017 at 5:10 AM, Rich_R said:

Thanks!

Sorry i missed your first post, but I was planning to release texture templates for my uniforms,shoes,gloves, (just wasn't in a rush yet) when CJ and I get finished with releasing a few things. Not sure what else people want to re-texture (i'm open to opinions) but it's all about the matter of "when" I get the time lol.

• Like 5

I love the new Mich. Nothing against FAST, but li also like the "older" style helmets. Absolutely stunning!!!

• Like 4

Time for a tiny update. This is actually pretty significant in that it's the first time that my good friend Sahio's modelling will be seen in the arma community, as well as my own work outside of patches/config/retex. As I've mentioned before, I've been working on my own little gear project which has been the main focus of my time, and once I jumped in with Hawaiian's Rangers project, figured it would be a way for a few of these items to be presented before a pack release. Of course, this will just apply to gear that makes sense to use with the Rangers. Since our helmet accessories are the closest to overall completion, figured I would go ahead and throw one out there. So in order to further evaluate Ranger performance in the field, they have been given access to Contour+2 Camera's.

IBrcAaS.jpg

J41GUTR.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, carlosxx said:

Nice work! Is this a new uniform jacket?

Oops...yeah that is just an early WIP. But you are correct, we are modifying the A2 hooded jacket to use with the Rangers, so that we can actually have some PCU gear. Still got some work to do on it, especially the textures, but this is definitely something I've been interested in for awhile. Will update with some screens when we get further along with it.

• Like 9

Okay got a couple more items for you guys. These are still early WIP, models are complete just have to work on getting them UV mapped/textured/etc. Both models were created by Sahio, and Will helped pick them out. Since he has always been interested in giving the Ranger snipers more of a unique look, he selected something to do just that: Ghillie helmet cover. And the second item was just a new accessory for certain Ranger loadouts, the wrist map. Currently, the wrist map is only planned for rolled sleeve and custom uniforms, but will be doing some messing around to see if we can get it to fit right on long sleeves as well (no promises though). Enjoy.

eS7F9S6.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Well, managed to get the wrist map UV mapped/textured (with maybe a couple more variants in the plans) and the ghillie helmet cover is getting there. Still got some refining to do on the wrist map texture and plenty more to do on the ghillie, so nothing is final. So far testing with placing the wrist map on long sleeved uniforms hasn't worked out so well (visually). Just doesn't seem to look right when the uniform isn't bending in to the straps. Still gonna mess around a bit more to see if we can come up with anything, but rolled sleeves and any custom uniform models we use can work for now. 

DMxEYwa.jpg

ZfYmlex.png

• Like 14

And some more screens, wrist map fully scaled and fit to the rolled sleeve uniform (for now). For the most part, everything is looking complete on it. There is slight clipping with the glove when certain weapons are used, but overall its looking pretty nice.

TbGUPFK.jpghJyTFil.jpgiRnbfbE.jpg

EDIT: Guess it would make more sense on the left arm, I'm an idiot, lol.

eN9Ft0n.jpg

Edited by Siege-A
  • Like 12

Amazing work!

Is there a way to combine it with the wrist gps as well on the other side?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riksen said:

Amazing work!

Is there a way to combine it with the wrist gps as well on the other side?

I'm sure we'll be coming up with a good variety of combinations, and ways to equip it, so no worries there. One thing you can always be sure of, we are always looking for as many ways as possible for each gear item to be used/implemented, big fans of full customization. Also, on a side note, I've tried out the wrist map with Will's thermals and no clipping to be noticed. 

There's something I would also like to ask the community and get you guys involved a bit. We have been doing some thinking on some new unique gear items that haven't necessarily been seen/done in Arma yet, but within the constraints of authenticity to the Rangers. Since we have a damn good modeller on board, might as well make use of it. So if you guys can think of anything that may be useful, and used by Rangers, then please do speak up...it may just be something that gets added. Let's be reasonable here as well, not looking to create a flood of requests for everyones wildest dreams in Arma. One of the main questions/interests is what vest/plate carrier setup that the Rangers currently use, or will be transitioning to. Don't plan to replace the CIRAS, but would be interested in adding another option if there is one. 

• Like 4

Oh damn!! Some awesome stuff there! I have wanted some cold/wet weather gear like PCU's for ages. The arma 2 ones available now are...showing their age. But these look great-as do the MICH and wrist map.

• Like 2