silola

X-Cam prototype map

Don't hurry them!

Making the Prototype Map is part of the Xcam-developement. This is just a BIG game of bug hunting ;)

how about spending less time making the reference map and finish the Xcam coding please lol

You do realize, that this is freeware work and he/they needs some motivation too? He/They also has to test if the code works and you can do that by actually using the editor.

We are using A3 + AiA Terrain Pack + some new small objects (steel beams and panels, wood objects, concrete objects, some glas objects)

For your map, what's the size of the files ?

I don't know the size of AIA Terrain Pack and the other objects.

Also ---> if i'm not wrong if the size is huge, it's not a good ad for your editor mod :)

We don't want a huge map with your creativity but i think we love it in all the ways but the editor.

I'm more interesting in how i can import a object or other from a website and use it simplier with your mod without i need to rage because, the object have a wrong name and not appear in the class trees.

PS : i'm not angry, it's the only mod i really want.

Edited by GranolaBar

mégaoctets ?? ahahaha

Is that french or something?

octect is 8 , like a octect valence electrons in chemistry, 8 is in a byte.. hahaha :bounce3: , I think you mean gigabytes ???

Anyway, Aia terrain pack is like 7 gb ... Presumably it will be 7 gb AiA TP + His map size

"how i can import a object or other from a website"

Not sure what you mean there, but dont go stealing 3d models you dont own, but

presumably any object that is set up in the proper way to work for arma (from AiA terrain pack, or any other mod containing objects, would work on X-Cam I think, (idk if x-cam only does conffiged objects, but presumably not since in the videos he spawns a ton of shit that is foliage and such etc)

Also

Aus: how about spending less time making the reference map and finish the Xcam coding please lol

"lol" at the end doesnt make your statement any less useless/disrespectful to Silola and the others who are making a mod, are you working on a huge mod for arma that will change how all maps are made.... No, so don't make these comments (or rather childish complaints) that are not constructive and serve no purpose at all to help anyone or even express a logical opinion.

Hi,

as MikeTim allready said, u need the AiA Terrain Pack + the prototype map incl. all the object packs (round about 500 MB).

First we will release the prototype map (hopefully this year) and then later the X-Cam, but ...

... after we finished the map, we all need a break :)

Silola

Xz96LOo.jpg[/img]

njL59So.jpg[/img]

950fxBV.jpg[/img]

qLoPS7o.jpg[/img]

qvo23S5.jpg[/img]

Io8NlkN.jpg[/img]

aDEdFfT.jpg[/img]

CJUjxMQ.jpg[/img]

mégaoctets ?? ahahaha

Is that french or something?

octect is 8 , like a octect valence electrons in chemistry, 8 is in a byte.. hahaha :bounce3: , I think you mean gigabytes ???

Anyway, Aia terrain pack is like 7 gb ... Presumably it will be 7 gb AiA TP + His map size

"how i can import a object or other from a website"

Not sure what you mean there, but dont go stealing 3d models you dont own, but

presumably any object that is set up in the proper way to work for arma (from AiA terrain pack, or any other mod containing objects, would work on X-Cam I think, (idk if x-cam only does conffiged objects, but presumably not since in the videos he spawns a ton of shit that is foliage and such etc)

Also

"lol" at the end doesnt make your statement any less useless/disrespectful to Silola and the others who are making a mod, are you working on a huge mod for arma that will change how all maps are made.... No, so don't make these comments (or rather childish complaints) that are not constructive and serve no purpose at all to help anyone or even express a logical opinion.

get off your high horse fool

So are the object hard coded into xcam then or can we add our own?

MikeTim - not sure whether to flag your post as SPAM or not it does seem you suffer from itchy typing fingers everytime you comment (and please stop using small font, it just makes it harder to read the dribble.... Cheers)

SJ

So are the object hard coded into xcam then or can we add our own?

Yes, all the object packs are hard coded. But that's not all, the entire map is hard coded.

It is not possible to play on it, because the map is just a giant 3D image.

We had to go this way, because it is not possible to calculate so many objects simultaneously. Sorry ;)

Silola

Well good work on xcam but that unfortunate news at least for me anyway since I don't use aia tp.

Just so I understand correctly. What you are saying is there is no way to add user library's to xcam?

Yes, all the object packs are hard coded. But that's not all, the entire map is hard coded.

It is not possible to play on it, because the map is just a giant 3D image.

We had to go this way, because it is not possible to calculate so many objects simultaneously. Sorry ;)

Silola

just don't worry i feel my irony sense is tingeling

also grate work on xcam can't wait do destroy my potato pc with it, so i have a real reason to buy a new (and by far better) one

just don't worry i feel my irony sense is tingeling

Care to explain that comment?

Here is some uncut workflow in time laps of me in building a decayed farm with the x-cam on our proto island.

in the end of the vid you can seh him swisch betwen buid mod and player

The editor is as far as i know just a realy speacial muliplayer gamemode but i can imagin also a fun one

@M1lkm8n

Just take the time to read the posts from beginning !

All is explained again and again and again and again :mad:

Care to explain that comment?

Silola made a joke ...

In the X-Cam you can rebuild your libary when you need it.

If you do this, you it will load all categories/objects that are placeable in the regular mission editor. Then you can select if you want those categories in your list (the list from which you later will select your objects).

For AiATP Silola created a special config file that makes all models he could find in AiATP to placeable objects. Those are not required to run X-Cam.

If you now create your own houses, trees, stones, whatever for Arma, just make sure you make them placeable in the regular mission editor, and X-Cam will be able to load them.

@M1lkm8n

Just take the time to read the posts from beginning !

All is explained again and again and again and again :mad:

Is it? Because I'm pretty sure I've read all the posts and I haven't seen one that said xcam will use only a hardcoded set of items. Thanks for being rude tho I appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

Silola made a joke ...

If you do this, you it will load all categories/objects that are placeable in the regular mission editor. Then you can select if you want those categories in your list (the list from which you later will select your objects).

For AiATP Silola created a special config file that makes all models he could find in AiATP to placeable objects. Those are not required to run X-Cam.

If you now create your own houses, trees, stones, whatever for Arma, just make sure you make them placeable in the regular mission editor, and X-Cam will be able to load them.

And that's what I needed to know. I don't understand why your other partner had such a hard time explaining that. Thank you

Silola made a joke ...

now I nearly get a heart attack ..... :yay:

Hi,

again some progress. Sorry for teasing :p

xtIybax.jpg[/img]

5LkjhMz.jpg[/img]

A0fNc13.jpg[/img]

w6EmeLi.jpg[/img]

DXxkrLD.jpg[/img]

fpCPdKY.jpg[/img]

TCJecoh.jpg[/img]

GudJBbh.jpg[/img]

Greeting

Silola

Great stuff Silola. Hopefully AI will find a path through it ;) oh nvm, they can go through walls anyway ;)))

Did I see metal plates in there? If so, I can see some vehicles , those plates and the attachto command in my future.... Lybia simulator anyone?

hmm, I think your getting to the point of saturating this map now. easily done I suspect as xcam makes placing objects so simple.

maybe its time to back off this map a little.

hmm, I think your getting to the point of saturating this map now. easily done I suspect as xcam makes placing objects so simple.

maybe its time to back off this map a little.

Ok ... done. Thanks for the hint. It looks much better now ;)

4rbOYnY.jpg[/img]

zRm423n.jpg[/img]

Silola