.kju

All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) - A1/A2/OA terrains from BI in A3

Well, our group has moved over from A3MP. I really like these terrains. Is Porto an A1 terrain? I never played it.

Well, our group has moved over from A3MP. I really like these terrains. Is Porto an A1 terrain? I never played it.

Well its from ArmA: Queen's Gambit > https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Queen's_Gambit

it is really a small map - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?62827-Has-Anyone-Got-Queens-Gambit&p=1089248&viewfull=1#post1089248

Yea, it's really small, but I think I have some really good ideas for it. The small size but central town makes it really good for a simple TvT or Coop.

2014-08-24 update is out

(yeah took me considerable longer than planned..)

In the first post:

• Added changelog and patch download links
  • Added extensive FAQ at the bottom
  • Added links to all terrains at the start
  • Updated feature overview
  • Updated planned for future updates - feedback most welcome
  • Updated credits

Note 1: Despite considerable effort I was not able to reach Picolly and get explicit permission as he is not reachable for a long time.

However he offered it once in the past and I had also helped him with the initial release.

Note 2: For AiA TP (lite) just overwrite with the update the existing data. While AiA TDP is a complete replacement/package.

Note 3: PWS will provide the update in the coming hours.

Question: How is everyone's performance on A1 terrains?

I had set the clutter/grass distance to 125 meters (was 55) as the default is for Stratis, A2 and OA terrains (Altis has 90).

Enjoy :bounce3:

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Thanks kju. Downloading and will seed the torrent.

People on this thread - kju have requested that we vote on a couple of bugs that BIS need to fix so we'd get a better pack. Currently, the vote count is about 20 each. That is pathetic considering all the people that are active on this thread, not even counting the people who use this mod but don't post. If you can post here and require support to get his work going, you can also take a second off of your life and vote the damn issues up. Please.

@kju and other devs of this

Did you guys contact that guy who made those cool street traffic lights and stuff that had posted here?

That stuff looked really promising

Edit: wait was that guy pickoly... Wot??

Edit 2: nope

It was pansyfaust, you guys need to contact him he was offering some real good shit

I'll see if I can paste link on iPad here

imgur.com/a/GIgPs

He is currently online as a post this, so he isn't in hiding lol

Srs tho if you didn't contact him, them traffic lights tho

Edited by MikeTim

Thanks alot! I checked several times a day for the update on this :)

I will also seed the torrent for a few weeks (as soon as I get it - only 1 seed available at present :popcornsmilie: )

Was playing around on United Sahrani and found some weird shadows. http://i.imgur.com/o7R9CNY.png

That's is an error in the shadowlod, we fixed it for our SMD Hangers. I should be getting the rest of M1lkm8n's buildings he's done for his A3 Jalalabad Terrain (takistan OA buildings) tonight or tomorrow, then I will port ALL the SMD buildings and those for @CUP to use, so that should solve the problem in due course.

Sorry chaps, am I stupid or something ? Can you be super clear for me. I know that with the Lite pack SMD_Sahrai will work - there is no map content in the LITE version to hide/cover/overconfig it.

Have you managed to get SMD_Sahrani working with the full pack ? I.e. do you see 4 Sahrani derivative maps in your editor. If you have can you please be clear as to how you achieve it, 'cos I can't.

Again just so we're really clear and on the same page this is NOT the AiA_TP lite pack but the full 7GB daddy download + SMD_Sahrani (either lite version or full) etc ?

Cheers

I have the same problem. I've managed to make it work by removing the two PBOs that started with sahra*, but I haven't tested it enough. It did throw some error messages during the start up. It's back to A3MP for me, until this pack gets some more love, but I have faith in it.

No need to alter any of the packages at all.

Only launching it with Play With Six will stop SMD_Sahrani_A2 from loading, AiATP does not. I used the A3 launcher and selected @CBA_A3;@AiA_TP;@SMD_Sahrani_A2_Lite; and it launches and plays fine with no errors.

Same should go for creating a desktop shortcut, it's only PWS assuming that the A2 SMD is not compatible with A3, (since AiA_TP is not classified as a compatibility mod), and therefore preventing SMD_Sahrani_A2 from launching.

Also, make sure you look through the WHOLE Map list, I've seen our Sahrani in a few different places on the list when I've launched it. "ours" is the one w/o any preview picture.

The torrent for the full pack still says 2014_08_10. Are we OK to download or the links are bad?

Nevermind. Got it.

Edited by seba1976

Oh wow great news!

Especially the jbad buildings and the SMD stuff, woah great stuff man

Also, make sure you look through the WHOLE Map list, I've seen our Sahrani in a few different places on the list when I've launched it. "ours" is the one w/o any preview picture.

That did it. Can't believe I didn't see it the first time :).

That's is an error in the shadowlod, we fixed it for our SMD Hangers. I should be getting the rest of M1lkm8n's buildings he's done for his A3 Jalalabad Terrain (takistan OA buildings) tonight or tomorrow, then I will port ALL the SMD buildings and those for @CUP to use, so that should solve the problem in due course.

No need to alter any of the packages at all.

Only launching it with Play With Six will stop SMD_Sahrani_A2 from loading, AiATP does not. I used the A3 launcher and selected @CBA_A3;@AiA_TP;@SMD_Sahrani_A2_Lite; and it launches and plays fine with no errors.

Same should go for creating a desktop shortcut, it's only PWS assuming that the A2 SMD is not compatible with A3, (since AiA_TP is not classified as a compatibility mod), and therefore preventing SMD_Sahrani_A2 from launching.

Cheers for the assist mate - kju - any ideas how PW6 will fix this ? I did post up a suggestion to Sickboy about this, we need to be able to customer or override dependancies with an "Advanced user" mode or something - Pw6 Is a must for my unit as that is how we distribute and help people get setup....

Sorry if I missed something, but is there a specific reason why the patch released on the 24th is a separate download? Is it necessary? I'm mainly asking because AiA TP is already 6GB, and I don't really want to download another 990MB unless absolutely necessary.

Sorry if I missed something, but is there a specific reason why the patch released on the 24th is a separate download? Is it necessary? I'm mainly asking because AiA TP is already 6GB, and I don't really want to download another 990MB unless absolutely necessary.

The new release is only the patch. Original full download is still required, only if you didn't downloaded it already.

Well, to me it is :)

You can take a look at the Changelog on page 1. It's not absolutely necessary, if you can live without the mentioned bugfixes and improvements. The 900mb aren't additioned completely to the 6gb, there are replacements. You should download the patch! ;)

Wait, so I am supposed to overwrite the pack with the patch? Is this correct?

Will the pws version just let us patch, like keep our 6 gb current dl, it will just show a orange update ability?

Wait, so I am supposed to overwrite the pack with the patch? Is this correct?

I believe so, yes.

So anyone know how this works out on pws?

It's not counting as a new mod right, (like some new mod you add on to your collection)just a update like I wrote in my last post, the orange button������

Oh god sorry for that glitch idk what I pressed on this iPad lol

Edited by MikeTim
Lol text glitch

After the patch, I'm getting an error "Addon 'AiA_Buildings2_Config' requires addon 'CABuildings'" and "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgSurfaceCharacters.SparseWeedsClutter'" Anyone else getting these?

Sounds like they forgot arma 1 grass cutter I think, don't quote me on that tho

After the patch, I'm getting an error "Addon 'AiA_Buildings2_Config' requires addon 'CABuildings'" and "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgSurfaceCharacters.SparseWeedsClutter'" Anyone else getting these?

Nope, so far so good. Which map is giving you that?

Ok something is seriously wrong, only Chernarus and Takistan Mountains are loading in ARMA 3. And Chernarus's name isn't loading in the missions lobby. Did I do something wrong? Could this be a result of the download being corrupted? If it helps, I manage my load order from the in game load order manager and I put AiA at the top, although the Arma 3 dlc and zeus always shows up above it, yet somehow Arma 3 itself is at the bottom and i can't move it. The load order is top is to bottom right?