skruis

Athena - An ARMA 2nd Screen Application

I'd like to run ACS as a Windows service so we can leave it up during the week without having to be logged in to the server. However, the service pauses on start. The log shows:

12/07/2019 10:38:16 AM: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.

Is it possible for ACS to support this?

Currently having issues trying to import Rosche - it does the full export but after the pipeline finishes sending info it just goes back to proceed and doesn't process the data, any idea what I've done wrong? seems to work with every other map.

@skruis (or another programmer who has worked with Athena), do you know which .dll (Dynamic Link Library) files and/or other Windows components Athena uses?

Explanation: I am going to make an effort to get Athena working properly in Linux using WINE. If I should be successful, I will post my results, ideally in the form of a short tutorial. I suspect that there are at least some other Arma 3 players who only use Windows for recreation (gaming) and who, therefore, only have Linux (or another OS) on their other computers. Thus, by having a way to get Athena working properly in WINE, the possible base of Athena users would expand.

Thank you for your assistance and for all of your great work on this mod.