skruis

Athena - An ARMA 2nd Screen Application

Hey Skruis,

Good to hear you are working on an update, love your mod because it closes the gab between DCS World and Arma for me as a home cockpit user.

I do have one christmas wish however, could you please look into exporting the I-TGT MFD from mods like FIR (Firewill)? I'm not sure this is possible, maybe FIR needs to do some work or both of you need a coop which would be awesome! Anyway, I'm flying one of those Thrustmaster MFD's with a tiny display behind it. Right now it has your map running but it would be super cool to run I-TGT on the other. Anyway, thanks for all your hard work!

On 2/6/2020 at 5:36 PM, skruis said:

It's embarrassing to reply to these requests so late BUT:

1. Athena Designer mod is horribly out of date. What you can do is unpack the pbo, modify the scripts yourself to grab every unit, repack it and use it locally. You won't be able to join servers but you will get the ability to use it for local debugging.

2. The site basically just pointed back to the Steam page. So ... go to the Steam page.

3. Sometimes, there are some random JSON formatting errors that cause the deserialization to fail. If the relay is starting, there's a debug option that lets you capture the output from the game. You can run that through a JSON validation utility and it'll help you to identify what the problem is. What I've run into before is that some special characters in people's profile names aren't escaped (I know: I'm a newb) and that can be the culprit.

Otherwise, the mods status is: I'm rewriting it. From the ground, up as a native Windows 10 app so everyone that asked for Pinch-to-Zoom is getting it. The relay's functions are being moved into the Extension so the problem some people run into with the relay process not launching is going away. The communications protocol is being overhauled. The data collection scripts are being overhauled. The map export process is changing to a more unit based method that should be more reliable and self documenting in case of failure. I've added support for mission designers, through scripting, to limit the 'scopes' of data that the users can collect (player, player group, player side, player + player side group leaders, all or specific units) and the user can select the scope they want from the app, which should help people that want to use Athena in very large missions with numerous AI by narrowing the data set. I'm making the app look more ... militaristic too. I have no actual knowledge of how military equipment looks and I do not intend to be bound by the reality of similar devices when the idea is more fun. The look of the map is likely going to change as well ... some people might hate it, some people might like it. I think it looks cool and different but we'll see.

Sorry for all the delays. Life.

Are you still rewriting the mod, or has it been abandoned?

does anyone have the software Emf to Png Emftopng.exe? can you upload to googledrive or copy exe code please.. 

On 7/17/2019 at 12:54 PM, andyruler10 said:

Currently having issues trying to import Rosche - it does the full export but after the pipeline finishes sending info it just goes back to proceed and doesn't process the data, any idea what I've done wrong? seems to work with every other map.

I'm having the same issue. Is there a fix?

On 8/13/2019 at 5:01 PM, skruis said:

@Eutyches Any progress? If it helps, I can post a screen of the misc references for each of the projects.

@andyruler10 I'm in the middle of completely overhauling the map export process.

@The Whitestrake I originally envisioned the ACS running as a service eventually. Because it was a very early release, I expected problems and I wanted to set an expectation that none of the data it held should be considered 'permanent'. It's matured a little bit but there's still an odd bug with the maps invalidating after a while...I haven't nailed that down yet. When I circle back to the ACS, I'll re-engineer it as a 2 part component: a service and a user interaction app.

Did you get it working for Rosche map?