skruis

Athena - An ARMA 2nd Screen Application

Yep, found the bug. I hadn't tried it in multiplayer and that line of code would have only been touched when there are 'playableUnits' in the mission. I'll update the zip in a few.

18 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Oh.. got this in client RPT...

Error Undefined variable in expression: _unitsp

File Atena\mission\getunits.sqf..., line 53

Ok, should be fixed. Updated download link: AthenaWeb_Alpha_20221105.zip

Changes: typo in getUnits, _unitsP instead of just _units

Also, it looks like the same key I've had since 2014.

• Thanks 1

Posted another new version. Fixed my previous fix and fixed an issue in the unit tracking list not selecting the unit you were tracking on modal open. Sorry bout that!

AthenaWeb_Alpha_20221105b.zip

OK, going again 🙂
I notice that it exports the VR world the moment the game loads the main menu, then I fire up a litle editor mission on Altis to get that data too. I see there's the worlds folder with the jsons in them. Im assuming it's OK to have more than 1 json in there?

When the mission starts, the extension will start. It'll check the worlds folder for *.json files. If the current world isn't one of them, it'll start exporting it immediately. It'll do this for every world. You should end up with a <world>.json file per world.

Yep, that's working. Nice.

I notice that after the export the folder in appdata already contains a wwwroot folder. I'm overwriting that with the one from the download.

Just to be clear, when you say appdata, you mean c:\users\tanky\appdata\roaming\athena? Huh, I wonder if when the extension runs, it auto creates the folder. Didn't expect that.

1 minute ago, skruis said:

Just to be clear, when you say appdata, you mean c:\users\tanky\appdata\roaming\athena? Huh, I wonder if when the extension runs, it auto creates the folder. Didn't expect that.

Yes, exactly that. the wwwroot folder is already there, but your instructions line 8 say move it from the addon the appdata folder

Also, I've found a bug that should have been found before I released this as an alpha. In my testing, I loaded a map and ran around, ok great. I never died. There's a bug when the unit dies, it's icon is eventually removed however I was removed the 'texture' the icon was using too which is also shared by all of the other unit icons and caused the render to error out. I've fixed and am packaging another update.

The browser is giving a black screen after pressing play. It says loading world, the map shows for an instant, then the browser gives black screen.

(Firefox x64)

4 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

The browser is giving a black screen after pressing play. It says loading world, the map shows for an instant, then the browser gives black screen.

Is this in a fresh game with just yourself or are there other units and if so, did any of them die? I just released an update that fixes that issue if that's the case. Otherwise, in your browser, can you open the dev tools and check the console log. There should be an error listed there.

Also, you would only need to replace the wwwroot files with those in this update.

It's my mission. There may have been some AI OPFOR deaths, but I was the only player.

2 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

It's my mission. There may have been some AI OPFOR deaths, but I was the only player.

Just to confirm, are you running the c update? Also, is your mission in the workshop?

Not C update, wait 1. I'll get that.
Log from browser

signalr.js:461 [2022-11-05T21:10:23.888Z] Information: Normalizing '/hubs/mission' to 'http://localhost:28805/hubs/mission'.
signalr.js:461 [2022-11-05T21:10:23.890Z] Information: Normalizing '/hubs/world' to 'http://localhost:28805/hubs/world'.
signalr.js:461 [2022-11-05T21:10:32.354Z] Information: WebSocket connected to ws://localhost:28805/hubs/mission?id=uTT5g8bN3UZvkvte1yQoyA.
signalr.js:461 [2022-11-05T21:10:32.371Z] Information: WebSocket connected to ws://localhost:28805/hubs/world?id=rQ5A_viXjKR4Yqsy-jn2dg.
utils.mjs:625 
    PixiJS 6.5.8 - ✰ WebGL 2 ✰      http://www.pixijs.com/    ♥♥♥ 
mapper.js:539 TTL expired. Removing sprite for unit 2:42
mapper.js:539 TTL expired. Removing sprite for unit 2:134
mapper.js:158 Rendering foreground for chunk 2965
mapper.js:158 Rendering foreground for chunk 2966
mapper.js:158 Rendering foreground for chunk 2967
mapper.js:158 Rendering foreground for chunk 2968
mapper.js:158 Rendering foreground for chunk 3027
mapper.js:158 Rendering foreground for chunk 3028
mapper.js:158 Rendering foreground for chunk 3029
mapper.js:158 Rendering foreground for chunk 3030
mapper.js:158 Rendering foreground for chunk 3089
mapper.js:158 Rendering foreground for chunk 3090
mapper.js:158 Rendering foreground for chunk 3091
mapper.js:158 Rendering foreground for chunk 3092
sprite.mjs:159 

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'width')
    at Sprite.calculateVertices (sprite.mjs:159:36)
    at Sprite._render (sprite.mjs:233:14)
    at Container.render (display.mjs:1647:18)
    at Container.render (display.mjs:1649:34)
    at Renderer.render (core.mjs:9378:23)
    at Application.render (app.mjs:209:23)
    at TickerListener.emit (ticker.mjs:95:25)
    at Ticker.update (ticker.mjs:458:37)
signalr.js:455 

[2022-11-05T21:15:06.246Z] Error: Connection disconnected with error 'Error: WebSocket closed with status code: 1006 (no reason given).'.
log @ signalr.js:455
_stopConnection @ signalr.js:2709
transport.onclose @ signalr.js:2647
_close @ signalr.js:2296
webSocket.onclose @ signalr.js:2248
manager.js:68 

Yep, that's the exact error I ran into. The c update should fix that. Thanks for all your help testing Tank. I really appreciate it.

Stepping out, will be back in ~45 minutes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

C version, same issue. Browser goes black.

Hmm, I wonder if your browser cached the original files. Can you hit ctrl+f5 to force refresh?

13 hours ago, skruis said:

Hmm, I wonder if your browser cached the original files. Can you hit ctrl+f5 to force refresh?

It seems that's the case. After restarting both machines, it's working fine.

By the way, Sig checking still stopping me joining my server. I've turned checking off for now

10 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

It seems that's the case. After restarting both machines, it's working fine.

By the way, Sig checking still stopping me joining my server. I've turned checking off for now

Hmm, well, I must have misplaced the key then. It's a new mod, should probably have a separate key. I'll generate a new one and sign it with that moving forward. Sounds good?

• Like 1

Left most screen is a laptop on the same network, middle screen is local to the game.
This is soooooo good!

• Like 2

So after a bit of a buggy start, do you think it shows promise as a future replacement? Also, how do you feel about the visual changes in the map vs the desktop app? It should be fairly easy for me to expose the colors for customization too. Might even add color profiles so users can customize day/night schemes.

Just now, skruis said:

So after a bit of a buggy start, do you think it shows promise as a future replacement?

Oh absolutely!
I'm trying to tie down some performance problems that may or may not be related to the client mod. I'll get back to you.
Also, I'm sending another reply to your PM right now