NikoWZRD

Niko's Uniforms Mega Packs

Damn Niko, this mod is sweet! So much so that I did a mod showcase for my YouTube channel (hope that is cool!)

Can't wait to see what else you come out with!

Sweet pack there, great to see a bunch of patterns that were used in the 90s and early 2000s that no one else has done. My only wish is to have Night Desert shirts with some Choco-Chip or the 3-tone desert camo (DCU I think?) to really nail that 90s SF look.

Sure, will add some 3 and 6 color pants for the night desert top in the next update. :)

The M/81 looks very good now! :)

Thanks!

M81 looks much better now.

What about some Kryptek camo? :)

Working on trying to get some swatches for Kryptek, US4CES and Scorpion, but it's a struggle. Will definitely include them in the next update if I can get my hands on swatches.

Damn Niko, this mod is sweet! So much so that I did a mod showcase for my YouTube channel (hope that is cool!)

Can't wait to see what else you come out with!

That's very cool, thanks for getting my pack out there! :)

Of course, just use "this forceAddUniform x" or "this AddVest x" in the unit's init line.

I guess I could've posted the classnames.

Uniforms (this forceAddUniform x):

Niko_USA_AOR1
Niko_USA_AOR1Tan
Niko_USA_AOR2
Niko_USA_AOR2OD
Niko_USA_AOR2PCU
Niko_USA_Beogam
Niko_USA_DesertMARPAT
Niko_USA_DesertMARPATPCU
Niko_USA_DesertMARPATTan
Niko_USA_MARPAT
Niko_USA_MARPATOD
Niko_USA_MARPATPCU
Niko_USA_DCU
Niko_USA_DCUTan
Niko_USA_DCUNightDesert
Niko_USA_DesertTiger
Niko_USA_M81
Niko_USA_M81DCU
Niko_USA_M81OD
Niko_USA_M81PCU
Niko_USA_M81NightDesert
Niko_USA_Mcam
Niko_USA_McamAOR1
Niko_USA_McamAOR2
Niko_USA_McamArid
Niko_USA_McamAridTan
Niko_USA_McamMix
Niko_USA_McamTropic
Niko_USA_McamTropicOD
Niko_USA_Mitchell
Niko_USA_NightDesert
Niko_USA_NightDesertAOR2
Niko_USA_NightDesertDCU
Niko_USA_NightDesertUCPGreen
Niko_USA_NightDesertSixDesert
Niko_USA_SixDesert
Niko_USA_Tiger
Niko_USA_TigerOD
Niko_USA_UCP
Niko_USA_UCPTan
Niko_USA_UCPPCU
Niko_USA_UCPGreen
Niko_USA_UCPD
Niko_USA_UCPDPCU
Niko_USA_UCPDTan
Niko_USA_XCAMO

Vests (this addVest x):

Niko_USA_PlateCarrierL_Tan
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierH_Tan
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierL_CB
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierH_CB
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierL_Mcam
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierH_Mcam
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierL_AOR1
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierH_AOR1
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierL_AOR2
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierH_AOR2
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierL_M81
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierH_M81
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierL_NightDesert
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierH_NightDesert
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierL_UCP
Niko_USA_PlateCarrierH_UCP

Is it possible to use these on units in the mission editor?
Besides what Niko said, you can also use the Arsenal to export the required code and paste that into the units 'Init' field.

I looked through my camo pattern swatches I've saved from some thread on Facepunch (was it maybe yours?), and while I sadly didn't find Kryptek, I did find one for the South African «Soldier 2000» camouflage pattern. Something to look at when you're done with the Slav pack, maybe? :)

Do you think you could retex the blufor uniforms too?

The blufor uniforms don't even have any redeeming qualities! The Crye pants look horrible :(

I looked through my camo pattern swatches I've saved from some thread on Facepunch (was it maybe yours?), and while I sadly didn't find Kryptek, I did find one for the South African «Soldier 2000» camouflage pattern. Something to look at when you're done with the Slav pack, maybe? :)

The blufor uniforms don't even have any redeeming qualities! The Crye pants look horrible :(

I don't like them that much either, but I also feel BI was super lazy with the inedp uniform, it has like no details on it.

This addon looks awesome, would love to use in my US Army mod, but I would need helmets in the same camos so if those are nearby that would make me very happy. Looking forward to some future updates.

Great Job.

Ooh, for sure. If you want to PM me that swatch, that'd be awesome! <3

I agree on the BLUFOR uniforms, I personally really dislike their design. Details in all the wrong places. But like I've said before, first off would be releasing all three of my packs, then I'll consider any new uniform additions.

This addon looks awesome, would love to use in my US Army mod, but I would need helmets in the same camos so if those are nearby that would make me very happy. Looking forward to some future updates.

Great Job.

Yep, helmets will come soon. I think the more regular forces camo (UCP, MARPAT, M81, DCU, chocochip, etc) will get a matching PASGT cover. I might do a few variants of BI's various MICH2001/ECH helmets too.

Yessir, I'll be updating with at least two more vest variants and possibly some helmets by the end of this week.

Ooh, for sure. If you want to PM me that swatch, that'd be awesome! <3

I agree on the BLUFOR uniforms, I personally really dislike their design. Details in all the wrong places. But like I've said before, first off would be releasing all three of my packs, then I'll consider any new uniform additions.

Yep, helmets will come soon. I think the more regular forces camo (UCP, MARPAT, M81, DCU, chocochip, etc) will get a matching PASGT cover. I might do a few variants of BI's various MICH2001/ECH helmets too.

Yeah awesome, I think the more helmet variations we have the better. Might also want to look at doing the ACH helmet used by the independents. Looking forward to it, hope all goes well.

Secondly, I noticed you didnt have a Desert Marpat vest, that might be something you want to do, just so those units are matching.

They use Coyote Brown plate carriers with both their marpat and desert marpat kits.

I was considering including marpat/desert marpat vests, but you never see them in use in real life outside of cheap Airsoft replicas.

The M81 looks excellent now, amazing work.

Would you ever consider adding a variant of each uniform that would have the flag on it? The only reason I ask, is at the moment, all the other patch areas are blank and even after adding your own insignia to the uniform, it almost still seems 'naked'. Hell, I personally feel if you filled up all the patch areas of the uniform except the insignia area, would make it all come together very nicely when players add their own patch to it. Especially since we have no way of adding anything to any of those areas, so they're just blank canvas, and the independent uniforms in particular are laid out perfectly for this. It's no big deal, the uniforms are great either way, just thought it might add even a little more detail to these masterpieces. ;)

For some reason I keep getting errors in game about the icon for the uniforms not being present. Even though they usually show up.

Also, can you change the names? They are way too long, especially for the vests. In VAS it's impossible to tell what you're selecting for vests camo wise. Maybe just US Light Carrier -Camo- and maybe use the same icons you use for the uniforms so the pattern is easy to see before you take it.

Thanks for an awesome pack! Never making a unit that doesn't use your stuff again, so glad to get away from multi-cam (don't get me wrong, it's a good camo pattern but...).

For some reason I keep getting errors in game about the icon for the uniforms not being present. Even though they usually show up.

My guess is that Nikolai forgot to set the right scope for the uniforms.

If I remember right, you have to set "scope = 2" so the picture appears in the inventory menu.

I can't see what else it could be since the icons do appear in virtual arsenal.

Yeah, I've looked through the config and everything is defined with "scope = 2;", not sure what the issue is. In the inventory it seems to look for the icon in 'something\ui\niko_usa\..' instead of just 'niko_usa\..'

Not sure what the issue is, if anyone could help me figure this out for the next release that'd be awesome.

Some sample bits of what I've got:

class Niko_USA_AOR1_soldier : Niko_US_Base
{
	_generalMacro = "Niko_USA_AOR1_soldier";
	displayName = "AOR1";
	scope = 2;

hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo","insignia"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"niko_usa\uniforms\aor1.paa"};

model = "\A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\ia_soldier_01.p3d";
	uniformClass = "Niko_USA_AOR1";
};

class Niko_USA_AOR1: Uniform_Base
{
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "USA AOR1";
	picture = "niko_usa\uniforms\ui\aor1.paa";
	model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_universal_F.p3d";
	class ItemInfo: UniformItem
	{
		uniformModel = "-";
		uniformClass = "Niko_USA_AOR1_soldier";
		containerClass = "Supply40";
		mass = 40;
	};
};

Edited by NikolaiSergeyev

I just took a look at your config and I see that you re-define some parent classes?

For instance I see this in cfgWeapons :

class Uniform_Base : ItemCore {
scope = private;
allowedSlots[] = {901};

class ItemInfo : UniformItem {
	uniformModel = "-";
	uniformClass = "B_Soldier_F";
	containerClass = "Supply0";
	mass = 0;
};
};

I'm not sure why you do that instead of just declaring external ref. class like you did for others things :

class InventoryItem_Base_F;	// External class reference
class ItemCore;	// External class reference
class Uniform_Base : ItemCore {
scope = private;
allowedSlots[] = {901};

class ItemInfo : UniformItem {
	uniformModel = "-";
	uniformClass = "B_Soldier_F";
	containerClass = "Supply0";
	mass = 0;
};
};

where you could just write :

class InventoryItem_Base_F;	// External class reference
class Uniform_Base;	// External class reference

Maybe it could have something to do with your issue?

EDIT : I suggest adding "A3_Characters_F" to the required_addons line in your cfgPatch. ;)

Haha, yeah this whole config.cpp thing is very new to me, kind of learning through experimenting.

I'll fix up the config here when I get the chance to, thanks man!

Sorry about the lack of updates guys, I really want to release an updated version of niko_usa, and release niko_rus, but a lot of life stuff happened and I haven't had much time to do anything else. I may end up.. going away for an undetermined amount of time next week, so I'll try my best to get something out before that happens. :)

No worries, don't hesitate to PM if you need a hand; I might be able to help. ;)

I've been messing around with my config, and I just can't figure out why these icons don't work in the inventory.. It just seems to be looking for them in the wrong folder. Anyone know why it's doing that? Really strange since all the icons work in Arsenal.

Yeah sounds confusing.

Have you completed helmets yet, or is that a no?