Sign in to follow this  
MarutiaOrtia

20 games that will make or break 2014

Is there anything better than cranking up the settings and sitting down to play an amazing PC game? 2013 was a great year for PC gamers, but 2014 looks to be even better. Games like Watch Dogs, The Division, and The Witcher 3 are looking amazing so far. Which are the 20 games you should get excited about. What games are you looking forward to in 2014?

Is there anything better than cranking up the settings and sitting down to play an amazing PC game?

Yes, quite a few actually

I don't know which games are gonna make or break 2014, but The Sims 4 will certainly make me go broke ( I had to buy all the Sims 3 expansion and most of the content packs for my wife, who is addicted to it, and yeah it's way more than 500€ )...

Looking forward to playing the following games in 2014/2015. Five big titles for me.

Wasteland 2

Witcher 3

Pillars of Eternity ( Big and old school, "Balduresque" rpg by Obsidian

)

Torment Tides of Numenera

Elite: Dangerous

Edited by Sudayev

If I get time to play I'll be expecting some good things from Alien: Isolation.

To be honest, I think it might be a bit late while many awaited games were already released in 2014. How many months are left? 4? Meh. Not much gonna happen in the next 4 months... thus let's think about what we may get up to December 2015.

- GTA V (no reason to explain)

- The Division (obvious, but the one I've the most trust issues due to Ubisoft's nature)

- Ground Branch (the proper revival of the Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon legacy. Already looking great and my buddies help it look even better)

- Firebound (RTW, think Men Of War, but more in-depth and modern day)

- Hellraid (Dead Island's meeting Diablo. Fantasy FPS slasher, few different classes, medieval weapons and fighting style, including shields, think along the lines of Dark Messiah of M&M)

- Dying Light (the sequel to Dead Island & Riptide FPS slashers, including free running and a refreshed concept. One of the most anticipated for me)

- Dead Island 2 (am I being a bit monothematic? :D direct sequel made by people who made Spec Ops The Line, set in California. I'm curious what might come out of it, esp. given the setting)

- Far Cry 4 (because all Far Cry's were really great games and my personal favourites. That title alone gives me any hope I have left for Ubi titles)

- CoD: Advanced Warfare (it might be the one to determine whether many players will still trust Activision or not, Ghosts were a big miss. Also, Kevin Spacey...)

- Call to Arms (basically a modern-day Men Of War, by the developers who made Assault Squad)

- Jagged Alliance: Flashback (proper Jagged Alliance revival, not that POS real-time bullshit spat out lately)

- The Witcher 3 (obvious)

- Assasin Creed: Unity (Coop, and only for that, as IMO the series reached the peak at AC3 and Black Flag)

- new Close Combat (set in 3D, which might finally broke the monopoly of the Combat Mission series)

Also, I count on some indie titles \ mods to show up, like Traction Wars, Firearms: Source, WW1 Source, Project Reality standalone; and there's some interesting DLC's coming for Payday 2 (so goddamn addicting) and some broken beta-state game I keep hearing about, called Farma 3 or something.

What I was waiting for in 2014:

- Insurgency (great)

- Wolfenstein (good)

- Enemy Front (ok, a bit jaggy)

- Men Of War Ass Squad 2 (A mission pack for what, 30 USD? meeeh)

- Takedown: Red Sabre (I really tried. But it's broken and abandoned. meeeh)

- Watch Dogs (Retarded PR, console and mod policy, dull gameplay. bleeeh)

BF: Hardline will suck, but everybody already knows this, same with Rainbow Sux: Lies.

Edited by JonPL

GTA V on PC.

I have a sense of foreboding :rolleyes:

- Firebound (RTW, think Men Of War, but more in-depth and modern day)

- Call to Arms (basically a modern-day Men Of War, by the developers who made Assault Squad)

Thanks a lot for mentioning those, didnt knew they were in the making.

Its basically what im wating for since playing the first Men of War.

Bleach Online a Game based on Bleach Manga which is also released on 2014