My goodness! This mask is exactly what I was looking for. My group would absolutely love this! One question though, how on earth would I add a mustache to the blank mask? Mustaches are our thing.  :oh:

• Like 2

like this?

mask_mst_by_zeealex-d9ok0w6.jpg

Just like that! Very fancy, that would fit perfectly! :o

Fantastic, thanks a lot! I guess I have an excuse to finish my uniforms now.

• Like 1

just a quick add before I shut the PC off, I forgot I uploaded it! XD

it's here for anyone to download and use at their free will, just add it into the Identizee folder

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4zkkzua3c98of68/Mask_moustache.rar

arma3_2016_01_20_00_05_28_11_by_zeealex-

get cracking on your uniforms namrewob! your people await new shit!  :D

oh forgot to say! nice paintjob cosmic! :D

• Like 1

6slenkv.png

This mask was just the thing my uniforms needed! Top notch, thanks again, Zee! :)

• Like 3

Don't want to be a Dick, but did you ask the Creator of the original Artwork for his permission to use this design? I mean otherwise it's kind of like copying a painting.

I had a discussion with him on deviant art and mentioned I was doing an arma mod based on his work, he gave some info regarding the mask's stability on a helmet if applied in real life, he didn't seem to have any issues back then. 

it's one of those though, in my personal point of view, i think it's important to acknowledge and accredit the concepts to Alex Jessup, but I don't think realistically speaking it's like copying a painting at all. it's making a model from concept art, taking inspiration and applying it through different means, it's quite clear I'm not passing off the original concept arts as my own, as i've openly said a good few times it's inspired by alex jessup's work. 

it's one of those shrouded in ambiguity unfortunately, when does the line of communication of such end? 

• Like 2

This might be an idea for the future. Would it be possible to make another set of the NVG masks but just have the top portion which covers the eyes and make it fit like the Low Profile Goggles. Would be pretty good looking on recce roles. 

• Like 1

Was just wondering if the work on females has gone away for this other stuff? Was happy to see females being added into Arma 3 but it has been kinda disappointing as this mod moved away, was the only mod working on females that didn't give off a creepy vibe....

Still working on them... Sorry for being creative, won't happen again :)

There's a long term plan in place regarding female faces and bodies, it's just that I've not had the time, the health or the motivation to work on any more. Now excuse me, I need to crawl back under my rock

• Like 3

This might be an idea for the future. Would it be possible to make another set of the NVG masks but just have the top portion which covers the eyes and make it fit like the Low Profile Goggles. Would be pretty good looking on recce roles. 

Alternatively a version with just the lower half to function as face armor would also be epic.

I like the mask, but I think it could use:

1. A version without the telltale glow when using NVGs.

2. A helmet to match it.

Now that I think of it... how about an entire suit? :) Something like this (the suit in the picture is the XOS2):

http://www.popsci.com/sites/popsci.com/files/styles/large_1x_/public/import/2013/images/2008/04/exo_bowling_485.jpg?itok=pTnsQGJw

A bit less bulky, armored and requiring a battery backpack. It could work, perhaps, by setting your encumbrance to zero no matter how much you actually carry. On the other hand, you'd be limited in volume you can carry (the battery pack wouldn't have all that much space left for gear) and limited power supply. Power drain could based on load carried, much like fatigue is. In that way, while you could run all the way across Stratis in that thing, you'd probably have to ditch the suit not long afterwards. On the other hand, you could do that while carrying a HMG, ammo for it, a missile launcher (with spare missiles), an SMG in the holster and a medkit.

I like the mask, but I think it could use:

1. A version without the telltale glow when using NVGs.

2. A helmet to match it.

Now that I think of it... how about an entire suit? :) Something like this (the suit in the picture is the XOS2):

http://www.popsci.com/sites/popsci.com/files/styles/large_1x_/public/import/2013/images/2008/04/exo_bowling_485.jpg?itok=pTnsQGJw

A bit less bulky, armored and requiring a battery backpack. It could work, perhaps, by setting your encumbrance to zero no matter how much you actually carry. On the other hand, you'd be limited in volume you can carry (the battery pack wouldn't have all that much space left for gear) and limited power supply. Power drain could based on load carried, much like fatigue is. In that way, while you could run all the way across Stratis in that thing, you'd probably have to ditch the suit not long afterwards. On the other hand, you could do that while carrying a HMG, ammo for it, a missile launcher (with spare missiles), an SMG in the holster and a medkit.

Problem wit exo suit would be its incompatibility with current animations. Would be hard to make it deform nicely since the exo joints are so offset of the characters joints. Possible perhaps, but it would clip into things a lot if its not very close to the skin.

• Like 1

I suppose it would have to be quite form-fitting. I posted an XOS2 pic for reference, but it'd probably be something more like this:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/US_Army_powered_armor.jpg

Perhaps something between that and Imperial Guard armor from Warhammer 40K could be made to work with current animations. I was thinking that it could go in the uniform slot and use a similar setup to them. An additional vest could provide extra chest armor, storage space and/or battery capacity (depending on variant). Primary battery would go into the backpack slot, the pack could also have multiple variants, for example one fitted with a parachute, one with extra power capacity or extra storage space. 

Then again, I don't know all that much about ArmA modding (though I am slowly learning to use Eden). I do know, mostly by following this very mod, that animations are generally rather though to work with.

BTW, you and Zeelax should team up. :) Getting a female soldier mod working without problems is certainly enough work for two people. I am following your mod as well, but I'm mostly interested in female combat units (marines, to be specific).

It's positively eerie how much that "powered armour" looks like battle dress (i.e., powered armour) from the Traveller RPG universe.

[edit] Whoops, thought that last post said March for some reason. Sorry for the necro. As recompense, I will at least say that I did download the mod today and am really looking forward to any progress on tasteful civvies and long hair for the womenfolk. =)

Hi there. Congrats for making a really great and needed mod for arma 3. I have a question regarding the steam version vs the armaholic version of the mod. First time i tried the mod, I downloaded from steam the 2 mods: femal3 heads & femal3 unforms. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it seems the armaholic version is up to date, but the steam ones are not, last update seems to be around january 2015. Anyhow when I tried to switch to the new the armaholic version, the female units (Mason, Oakes etc) are not in the editor. I'm using the Arma launcher to choose the mods I want. Only unit I can see is called Female soldier (long) FEM_NATO_Long_F. (with a dude's face so yeah..every time I see it 's just freaks me out a bit :) When trying to load a previous test misson with the female soldiers the game is unable to load the mission as it cant find them. I can actually see the selection of updated (Oakes v2 etc) faces in the user profile editing screen. Has anyone had this problem? Am I overlooking something here? I'm trying to make a cinematic for a campaign I've been working on and when using the older steam version of the mod, i get the older version of the faces, even when i save the loadout (with the v2 face) in virtual arsenal. I could try to use the setFace parameter, but I dont know the class names for the newer version of the female faces. Any chance you could help me out here? Much apprechiated and really great work on the mod.

Cheers

some more female uniforms would be real neat *following*

Amazing work on those faces Zeealex (not to mention the other stuff), can't believe this gem slipped under my radar. In the context of RHS (and specifically the AFRF part) will you consider doing some of the ethnic Asian peoples in Russia's southern and eastern areas? Would be great to see these ethnicities represented as well as the current (default) Asian models are probably more accurate for eastern Asians. Not a specific request or anything, just wondering since you already tackeled an African-American character. 

First thanks for all the hard work you have done on the mod. I served for 6 years in the US Army, and 14 in the US Air Force and being around women was a part of daily life. So playing Arma3 without females in the armed forces of any country in 2035 does seem unreal. I know a few women who play and would like to see this on more servers. So I decided to make a mission with both male and female slots. I never used Eden and only used the 2d editor last year to make a basic training map for new arma3 players. I read everything you have posted and so far have made 6 female players that work great in both single ( your are squad leader ) and multiplayer with slots for both male and female ( marked with -F ) players. Here is a screen shot of my Femme' Fatales I've made for arma3. I use Ace, all the CUP mods, RHS, TFAR, IdentZee, Femal3 faces and uniforms. 

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 2