Thank you. Just wanted to say that your mod is awsome and that i really appreciate what you are doing. Hope you have a wonderfull day or night.

Thank you :) thats good to hear! Have a wonderful weekend :)

@TheEvanCat, that would be so awesome if you did, the CSAT modification project is a personal fave of mine :)

@Divaya, damn, i'll check and get those fixed up when i'm home.

i'll see if I can add the insignia selection onto the uniform when i'm there too, kilk 2 birds with one stone as it were.

I suppose I could also add a nee preview render of the New models when i'm home too, they're still a major WIP yet

With the latest version of this mod, these females their heads (yes, only the whole head things) are pretty much visible with bright green in Night vision goggles, but haven't tested in thermal image.

Edited by Hsiulung

aye, the TI path on the RVMAT is probably shot again, or the .rvmat itself needs looking at, i'll check it out see if any errors come up on the .rpt

though I'm wondering how you would implement this into a Wasteland server I've been trying to wrap my head around it but i just cant seem to figure out how:confused: I fear it may not be possible much to my dismay.

I wouldn't have the foggiest, server's aren't really my thing, but if you need the key, let me know.

Successful rigging session today... got the new female base head's mouth moving almost perfectly, she talks, blinks scorns (with a couple of quirks) and she does it without looking ridiculous! win! Rigging will be immensly painful though so expect the next major update to take time (i've got a fair few faces to do XD)

as for the NVG problem, it looks to be a bad number in the .rvmat, all the paths are fine and there's nothing in the .rpt that says something is missing, I'll track it down and see what I can do.

you can expect a minor update that will fix the rvmat add insignias and put the bikey back in a few weeks.

P.S I've also made a new chinese head that doesn't look like a goddamn cartoon... hallelujah!

well, I think it's time I showed you where I'm at with the overhaul.

here's a comparison of old oakes vs new oakes, the model shares the exact same same facial shape, but the texture really changes its look.

oakes_v1vsv2_by_zeealex-d8lpjcr.jpg

ingame shot of Oakes V2:

2015_03_14_00004_by_zeealex-d8lpk4p.jpg

and yes, that graphic is correct, her face is indeed rigged, and not comically like older attempts.

hope you like it! :D

well, I think it's time I showed you where I'm at with the overhaul.

here's a comparison of old oakes vs new oakes, the model shares the exact same same facial shape, but the texture really changes its look.

http://orig14.deviantart.net/ad82/f/2015/073/0/d/oakes_v1vsv2_by_zeealex-d8lpjcr.jpg

ingame shot of Oakes V2:

http://orig01.deviantart.net/a7be/f/2015/073/f/5/2015_03_14_00004_by_zeealex-d8lpk4p.jpg

and yes, that graphic is correct, her face is indeed rigged, and not comically like older attempts.

hope you like it! :D

Really good look !!!

Do you know when the next update is coming ? :)

thanks guys!

at this rate the next major update will be available in about three months, i'm overhauling uniforms as well and adding civvis. but it also depends on external issues too, I may run into major issues yet XD

version 1.2 looks much better on that picture. version 2 looks like a mannequin. it doesn't look bad in the game, but next to 1.2 it's a bit creepy

jesus I can't win with you people! I've got one side telling me the old versions look weird and then I redo them by hand and then I get told the new versions look weird! XD

10301534_638082642948194_6322103858659056259_n.jpg

it's mainly the colour and lighting being off I think, I don't render with a full lighting and material system as it slows my rendering down to a crawl. I fix the colours and contrast based on the .rvmat before they get converted to .paa format. they do look better when viewing them ingame in realtime, for instance, they don't death stare at you anymore.

Edited by zeealex

all I meant was the newer version didn't look human on that particular pic :eek: I'm sorry!

nah, I should apologize really, it's my awkward humour at this time of day :P

like I said, it's more likely the colour and lighting in that particular render. mental ray is adding shadow to shadows that are already implied on the texture, so it comes out with darker shadows and washed out highlights.

ingame, because of the renderer it uses, the implied shadows need to be there, and the .rvmat takes over and gives it a more true to life colour and specularity value. whereas in game the v1.2 oakes head just looks weird with that texture :/ you'll notice as well in some areas, especially at a distance, v1.2 oakes's face almost seems flat due to the lack of shading

Edited by zeealex

nah, I should apologize really, it's my awkward humour at this time of day :P

actually, I thought you were joking, so I answered in a similar manner. ;)

this is so confusing :o

damn right XD

one thing we can take away from this, is it's really freaking hard to joke on the internet :P

What's that adage? Poe's law?

heeey, you're right, there's such a thing in literature, who would've thought, I'll make a note of that :o

Guest HellGhost

Hi !

That's a really great work you've done on this mod.

Thanks for the work you've done on it to finally give us this opportunity to let the female soldiers get in this really nice simulator !

Hi Zeealex, I had another fiddle with this mod at the weekend and made a few changes which could be seen as improvements, including a bit of mod compatibility

1, I added some groups, belonging to the standard game factions, this has the effect of making them appear as NPCs in mods which use faction groups such as MCC sandbox or ALIVE, probably others too...

2, I changed the naming convention to the same as BIS (B_soldier, o_soldier, etc....) this has the effect of giving them a chance to show up as NPCs if you have TPW skirmish active

3, I changed the base classes of a couple of them to vary their equipment, this worked especially well with the FIA rebel, changing her base class to B_G_soldier_F and removing the hat with headphones from her inventory has the effect of randomizing her headgear, which fits well with the FIA units and their irregular gear.

I'm sure it could all be config'd much more neatly and efficiently than I've done it, I can be a bit messy with this stuff, but let me know if you'd like a look at it.

Hi !

That's a really great work you've done on this mod.

Thanks for the work you've done on it to finally give us this opportunity to let the female soldiers get in this really nice simulator !

hey! thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you appreciate the time gone into this :)

Hi Zeealex, I had another fiddle with this mod at the weekend and made a few changes which could be seen as improvements, including a bit of mod compatibility

1, I added some groups, belonging to the standard game factions, this has the effect of making them appear as NPCs in mods which use faction groups such as MCC sandbox or ALIVE, probably others too...

2, I changed the naming convention to the same as BIS (B_soldier, o_soldier, etc....) this has the effect of giving them a chance to show up as NPCs if you have TPW skirmish active

3, I changed the base classes of a couple of them to vary their equipment, this worked especially well with the FIA rebel, changing her base class to B_G_soldier_F and removing the hat with headphones from her inventory has the effect of randomizing her headgear, which fits well with the FIA units and their irregular gear.

I'm sure it could all be config'd much more neatly and efficiently than I've done it, I can be a bit messy with this stuff, but let me know if you'd like a look at it.

Sure I'd love to change up the configs a little bit, I managed to modularize it a couple of days ago and trim down some redundancies, so any extra configs and ideas are more than welcome especially if it adds groups and randomizes them a bit :D the only issue is, I don't really want it clashing with anything especially BIS content, if this can be avoided while being more compatible with other mods, I'll do it.

I can send you a folder with the groups config if you give me an email to send it to, it just works if you stick it in the PBO, feel free to edit it... it just adds a couple of extra groups to the game, so it doesn't overwrite any BIS stuff

The name changes shouldn't overwrite anything if you use a unique name like B_soldier_fem, or something. TPW skirmish appears to look for any units with names that start with B_soldier, O_soldier, I_soldier or B_G_soldier

And the base class change for FIA shoudn't affect anything except her inventory.

yeah, sure I'll take a look for certain :) thanks

so today I asked myself a very strange question... what if I decided FEMAL3 isnt JUST going to be a female mod by the time version 1 comes around, what if instead, it was a wide variety of head models of either gender?

I didn't know the answer, so I'm pitching it to you guys... what do you think about it?

yeah why not?

seperate pack maybe?

not interested?

bis_arma3_head_model_edit_by_zeealex-d8qsi6h.jpg

fatman_by_zeealex-d8qslwr.jpg