Just a thought, since you're doing a lot of great sniper rifles, have you thought about modeling the AN/PAS-13 variants and the Goshawk sight for AK series? Just a thought, it seems like it'd be a great addition to RHS. Currently it's either CUP thermal sights or the vanilla ones (admittedly, A3's TWS looks kind of like AN/PAS-13 light). Neither really looks right on your wonderful M107. :)

Also, I noticed that most female heads clip through the collar of the female CSAT uniform. It's not a big deal, since the default uniform works fine for women (the cooling system covers everything up anyway), but I thought I'd let you know.

I can't really say whether or not i can and will as of yet but i have been eyeing up the PAS 13 :) i mean, there's always the AN/PVS27 if you want a night ops capable setup on the 107 :D need to redo that 27's texture though. 

as for clipping, i wasn't even aware there was a female CSAT uniform, unless you're talking about my female bodies in which case yeah they will :P

• Like 1

Yeah, your female bodies. NATO one is fine. CSAT one isn't, I didn't check the AAF.

Night ops are one thing, but thermal sights are awesome regardless of the time of day. :) RHS does have NV optics for both sides, but no thermals. It'd be great to be able to recreate Coltan Blues from OA (which made great use of a TWS-equipped sniper rifle), for example.

okay So i have a few questions for you people

Question Number A)
I'm thinking of doing a character setup tutorial based on my own tried and tested setup and import workflow, for the community, alongside this as well there will be examples, a step by step visual guide, and maybe over the course of time, it could become a tutorial series based from my own knowledge. would that be something you, the modding community would be interested in?
I know there are some gaps in the collective knowledge base, and it would pool some key fundamentals into one place and some of this information is transferrable onto other disciplines within the modding community, like weapons and vehicles. 

Question Number B.)
Should I do the same thing with FEMAL3 and release the male heads module of Identizee standalone?

Question Number C) I'm seriously considering setting up a Patreon account to help with running costs and software licenses as broke student life aint fun, would this be something you'd like to see happen, somewhere in which you can support my work with a small amount each month and be rewarded in return?
if so what rewards would you like to see? 
I was thinking with my more higher quality labours of love like the Barrett, people who pledge so much past a threshold a month could get a high resolution Physically Based Render of a model in my works of their choice printed onto canvas of varying size depending on the pledge amount with a thank you note written by yours truly?
maybe a bespoke texture pack for you and your friends with colors and a name of your choice?
access to the developer's version of my mods, being able to test them and use them before anyone else?

of course, the mods are and will continue to be free. 

• Like 9

A ) Yes. Would be a great asset for those looking to take the big leap into Arma modding.

B ) Are there any drawbacks from such move? 

C ) Yes! Patreon is great way to support artists and modders and the like!

• Like 1

I'll just say keep doing what you love doing.

Identities as one pack - yeah, sure, I don't se any harm in that.

• Like 1

I would love to see you make a tutorial Zee-for such a mod focused series, Arma is lacking a bit in good tutorials. Regarding the other things-yes to a Patreon definitely, and about the release-sure, why not :) Unless it will be a hassle.Other wise leave people to download the way it is now.

• Like 2

Alrighty guys! thanks for your feedback and support! i'll start working on the tutorial series ASAP and prepare the male module for a standalone release!

Patreon is here:
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3688502

please be patient while i get to know the ropes of the site, I just hope i filled in those scary forms right, i don't fancy a happy man knocking on my door saying you did it wrong now you go to jail :o 

if you have any suggestions for a $25 and $50 reward please let me know :)

I think one of the first things i'll cover in the tutorials is creating the SMDI, a lot of people get confused about how it works, so it would be good to get a good solid guide on what's what in it. 

• Like 6

Alrighty guys! thanks for your feedback and support! i'll start working on the tutorial series ASAP and prepare the male module for a standalone release!

Patreon is here:

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3688502

please be patient while i get to know the ropes of the site, I just hope i filled in those scary forms right, i don't fancy a happy man knocking on my door saying you did it wrong now you go to jail :o 

if you have any suggestions for a $25 and $50 reward please let me know :)

I think one of the first things i'll cover in the tutorials is creating the SMDI, a lot of people get confused about how it works, so it would be good to get a good solid guide on what's what in it. 

ZeeTutorial about SMDI sounds awesome!

Patreon terms and all that sound little scary I concur, read them a while ago and gotta sharp when filling everything up. Im sure though that it will work out!

• Like 2

Man this SMDI guide is 3 pages long already, I just hope I've not overcomplicated things. 

• Like 2

tested out a new texturing workflow on the ladies tonight...

Left is new, right is old. while it's still early days i like it, it's faster and produces less harsh results, will be interesting to see it ingame tomorrow. 
screenshot287_by_zeealex-dace5rs.png

• Like 9

That's quite an improvement! Good job, your work is much appreciated.

Our sole female member will be happy to see this. :)

• Like 2

So the difference is subtle, but i personally think very positive and noticable. 

Arnott V1:
20160803004224_1_by_zeealex-dachzrt.jpg

Arnott V2:

20160803004000_1_by_zeealex-dachzrf.jpg

Improvements:
Improved normal map
Improved texturing workflow which produces more natural results
Reproportioned head
Adjusted specularity (still WIP)
extended neck UV removing the dark streaks noted in previous versions. 

here's to hoping your only female member likes this Svarun! :D

• Like 8

I think it makes a huge difference. Much more natural than before.

As promised I've been looking at improving the african american face.

V2
20160803233228_1_by_zeealex-dacmcr2.jpg

V3 (Heavy WIP)
20160803233043_1_by_zeealex-dacmcrv.jpg

at least she looks less like a cartoon now. had to put her in a beanie though, the ambient colour isn't playing nice. she might need a few extra polies on the nose, the modifications are taking their toll at this point

• Like 3

you coulda saved yourself a lot of time by linking just one through as it's the same model just a different texture xD it's a known problem with that model, i'm gonna remove it and replace it with a new one i think. 

• Like 3

Good progress on the faces zee, both are definitely improvements over their predecessors. I was worried the caucasian face was still too shiny (oily) judging from the render, but ingame it looks very good. The black face has slightly too much red hue in it though.

• Like 1

yeah i agree, she is too red i'll take a looky :) as for the glossy renders, for some reason marmoset isn't playing nice with the specularity, thankfully, it's easily changed in the .rvmats :P

• Like 3

I like v2 F3males better from your ingame screenshot. V3 looks too "manly" for me. We have enough testosterone in the game already!! Otherwise, keep up the fab work.

If we're talking about both women who have recieved the upgrade, I agree in the case of Smith but Arnott? No way, the previous version looks way more masculine.

I know Smith can be feminised with some touches here and there, but she looks like a tough lady and that is the persona I wanted to portray. There will no doubt be a second more feminine black head available, and I think as her texture is improved and whatnot she'll look more ladylike anyway :)

• Like 1