Sign in to follow this  
teeha

GPNVG18 Panoramic Nightvision

Should brightness control and film grain be added to the mod?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should brightness control and film grain be added to the mod?

• Yes
    • No

Alright guys here's some pics showcasing the headgear and reworked nvg model, still under heavy development but coming along nicely :)

arma3%202014-07-29%2000-00-56-09_zpsq9fskw9h.jpg

arma3%202014-07-29%2000-01-59-23_zpsmgg5nprg.jpg

arma3%202014-07-29%2000-02-58-82_zpstwt5hsxe.jpg

arma3%202014-07-29%2000-00-03-01_zpsag26qqi3.jpg

arma3%202014-07-29%2000-03-18-50_zpslrqegzl0.jpg

Looks awesome. I think the NVG screen could use a bit cleaning up but like you stated it's still under heavy development. I really just want the model lmao. Awesome work guys! Can't wait can't wait can't wait!!

Awesome work, looking forward to use this!

What do you think mybe to put it like this

http://i.imgur.com/NWSwod3.jpg (135 kB)

Dont get me wrong i am looking in the first picure while looking in it and that 4 sharo things in middle of the screen are realy trowing me off if u got me,it is realy messing up with my eyes even looking in picture mybe if u try to reduce those pointy things?

I understand that is still early WIP but i am just giving sugestion :)

@Warlord:

they look nice indeed, but in the first person view, it doesn't seem round enough.

Yea I have well over 31hrs just experimenting and tweaking the actual view. That one pictured was taken directly from the manufacturer pictures that were provided to me by email. But as stated it's still heavy WIP. Thx for all the feedback guys much appreciated

@DevilDogCro

That was my first view developed, and I have long debated going back to it. I'll revert back and get your alls opinions

Thx guys

Edited by WarLord554

These GPNVGs paired with Cunico's LBT-6094s would help complete a DEVGRU based load out. Awesome Work !

These still appear rather large, or at least the tube size does.

So! Brightness is something that people seem to want and we will tweak film grain so we get a more realistic view.

As said before, things are still in pretty heavy development and things can always change. Size is something that can be changed fairly easily but it can affect textures and such but it is still something we are still working on.

I do want to give a shout out to Warlord though as he has taught me a ton about mod development and has and still is doing an amazing job on this project!

So! Brightness is something that people seem to want and we will tweak film grain so we get a more realistic view.

Please! Don't overdue the grain. People think that because it's night vision, it looks like it did in 1991 during the Gulf War. If there's a decent amount of light, there is no grain. If it's really dark (and/or due to particulate in the air, like dust or rain), it gets grainy, but it's not an all-or-nothing thing. Modern Gen 3 (or Gen 4 in the case of the -18s) are far more advanced than what you can buy cheap on the internet.

Haha no worries. Current gen(and especially these gp18s) don't really show grain at all. I think the standard A3 grain looks fine after doing a bit of testing last night. We will discuss and develop it accordingly :)

Please keep in mind, if you are going to implement NVG brightness control then make sure the mod will be compatible with other mods that have this implemented already, i.e. CSE, AGM, etc.

I voted no in the poll because I personally value consistency over authenticity. I'd only want grain if every other NVG (at least the vanilla ones) got grain modded in as well, as it would feel annoying if these top of the line NVGs were the only ones with ironically lesser image quality compared to the vanilla and other mod NVGs. Perhaps including an optional pbo with a "simple" version without the grain or brightness control and battery life to make it in line with vanilla would be nice if adding in grain to other NVGs is :effort:.

Edited by Probad

We have not decided anything regarding those issues yet, but rest.assured there would be a version with, and a version without :)

We have not decided anything regarding those issues yet, but rest.assured there would be a version with, and a version without :)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...options are always good and what makes me keep coming back to BIS games. That said, I find it amusing that people take something that's modeling a top of the line item and want to add something to make it work less well...all in the name of "reality!"

But hey, OFP/Arma is all about user choices, and that's pretty cool.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...options are always good and what makes me keep coming back to BIS games. That said, I find it amusing that people take something that's modeling a top of the line item and want to add something to make it work less well...all in the name of "reality!"

But hey, OFP/Arma is all about user choices, and that's pretty cool.

Yea I personally always try to meet majority interests, often going beyond normal workflows and make everyone happy. :) In the end we want to enjoy our work, but want the community to enjoy it too

Development contiues as we still have some goodies up our sleeves ;)

Will there be a replacement config?

Honestly I'm just waiting for them to be released, piloting will be much better with them :)

Honestly I'm just waiting for them to be released, piloting will be much better with them :)

Seconded

I'll be home soon and the amount of work being done will be much higher. WarLord has been working on it while I've been away.

In response to the stuff about the film grain, I thought about it before I even posted the mod of the forums and as some of you have said, with a generation of NODs like this your not going to have much grain. So for those of you worried about it having limited use because of grain, don't be worried about it. I think myself and WarLord have a similar opinion about it.

With compatibility with other mods, it should work just fine unless someone modifies the mod to use the same class name as our NODs but we will make sure to test it!

Glad you guys are looking forward to it :)

We should be finished soon but quality comes before release!

-----

Sorry it's taking so long guys, it is my first community released mod but it should be done soon!

Edited by Teeha

Do whatever you have to, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still eagerly anticipating the release!

Good to hear! We are currently updating the LOD's and the headstrap. Once that's done, there's not much to do!

I'm still learning from Warlord about all of this stuff but it's going well! Can't give you guys a for sure release date but hopefully it will be used once released!