Sign in to follow this  
MaxiWilliam

F35 coming soon or ?

Hi all , i see the F35 in some picture of arma 3 but the dev have planed to put the F35 ingame in futur DLC ? or no ? Same for C130 ? thx :j:

Hi all , i see the F35 in some picture of arma 3 but the dev have planed to put the F35 ingame in futur DLC ? or no ? Same for C130 ? thx :j:

That images were from a tech test. Neither F35 nor C130 are expected.

Is there an official report of the F-35 being scrapped?

I heard some people say that they scraped it because they were too low on fidelity level.

@Major shephard Just to not spread misinformation Karts were done in free time by 2 guys.

Is there an official report of the F-35 being scrapped?

http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00021

A few assets seen in screenshots and other media were taken well before the project review, when Arma 3 was a different game. We remain convinced the changes were for the better. It wasn't optimal to show placeholder and prototype content before we knew we could finish it. This has also led to a renewed stance to public statements - not confirming or announcing content before we are quite sure about it (starting October 2012). Specifically vehicles like the F-38 (as we called it), were only ever placeholder assets taken from Arma 2, and used to showcase flight and the new clouds, as well as to test fixed-wing PhysX. They were meant to be significantly updated or re-done to match, but due to a shift in priorities, not finished in time. There was no ill-intent when showing them - rather overly ambitious goals, enthusiasm and a desire to share development progress.

Doesn't explain why they scrapped other finished vehicles like the Marshall with an RCWS/AMOS mortar turret or the DAP version of the Ghosthawk though.

DAP version of ghost hawk? Also, i do believe with the "Expansion" we will see those Marshall variants and what not, or maybe sooner, who knows. HOWEVER, the F-35 model from Arma 2 will not make a return, as stated in the post above mine. there is a mod for it if you want to fly it.

DAP version of ghost hawk?

Yep. There's a map icon and a squad picture that can still be found for it (no model for it unfortunately). Going by the icon names, its classname would presumably be heli_transport_01_armed_F.

map_heli_transport_01_armed_ca.png

There's also some unused strings that mention variants of the Zamak and the Tempest with mounted MLRS pods (AAF/CSAT equivalent to A2's BM-21?) as well:

<Key ID="str_a3_cfgvehicles_o_truck_03_mlrs_f0">
   <Original>Tempest LRS</Original>
   <English>Tempest LRS</English>
</Key>
<Key ID="str_a3_cfgvehicles_i_truck_02_mlrs_f0">
   <Original>Zamak LRS</Original>
   <English>Zamak LRS</English>
</Key>

Yep. There's a map icon and a squad picture that can still be found for it (no model for it unfortunately). Going by the icon names, its classname would presumably be heli_transport_01_armed_F.

http://s20.postimg.org/90e4qpub1/map_heli_transport_01_armed_ca.png

There's also some unused strings that mention variants of the Zamak and the Tempest with mounted MLRS pods (AAF/CSAT equivalent to A2's BM-21?) as well:

<Key ID="str_a3_cfgvehicles_o_truck_03_mlrs_f0">
   <Original>Tempest LRS</Original>
   <English>Tempest LRS</English>
</Key>
<Key ID="str_a3_cfgvehicles_i_truck_02_mlrs_f0">
   <Original>Zamak LRS</Original>
   <English>Zamak LRS</English>
</Key>

Oooo, thankyou for this. I assume that we will be seeing those down the line. The DAP, looks to be extra fuel tanks as apposed to being armed, which was seen in Arma 2 as the Medical Ghosthawk. However, that would be darn amazing to have in game. May it will arrive with the Helicopters DLC. If not, than either alone like the re enforcement's pack for AAF, or with Expansion.

I hope the dev not going to put bad ugly chopper in the DLC chopper ....

Yeah, there's a little rule in the company handbook, it says that there can only be a 5% difference between any two comparable weapons systems in aesthetics and performance. That little golden rule of Arma 3, always make two of everything, just slap on a new piece of sh*t camouflage pattern and you're done.

I want more Planes because when i heard about the last episode with planes, I was kinda expecting a bit more then two so the F-35 would be a nice touch or maybe a futuristic version but I guess not.....

If the new Arma launcher works correctly we won't have to depend on BIS for this sort of request. Want a C-130? Find it, apply it to the mission/server, and launch...presto C-130 and F-35 now in game and all players who connect will have it automatically.

If the new Arma launcher works correctly we won't have to depend on BIS for this sort of request. Want a C-130? Find it, apply it to the mission/server, and launch...presto C-130 and F-35 now in game and all players who connect will have it automatically.

But some mods will not be up to the high quality standard of ArmA 3 's planes e.g just ports!