Jump to content
vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

Recommended Posts

I've tracked down to CBA that I can't switch optics when it is running. I've tried both the vanilla keypress and the CBA_Weapons keypress to cycle optics. Neither work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you guys help me with this? My RVMAT's aren't working after I've added CBA and I have no idea why. (the main post's problem is resolved, I've posted mine as a comment to that one)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will report a rather severe issue with CBA_fnc_taskPatrol here since I don't have time to do so on GitHub:

 

Steps to reproduce:

1) Open Eden Editor and create a mission on Malden. (Can be any map)

2) Add a playable unit (For the player)

3) Add 20 ai civilians and to their init fields add the example line for CBA fnc_taskPatrol.

[this, this, 300, 7, "MOVE", "AWARE", "YELLOW", "FULL", "STAG COLUMN", "this call CBA_fnc_searchNearby", [3, 6, 9]] call CBA_fnc_taskPatrol;

4) Host the mission in Multiplayer either from EDEN or via the multiplayer host but have DebugConsole enabled.

5) Leave the mission running for about an hour. (The starting server FPS in my case was 55. Now leave the computer )

6) When you return your FPS will be almost the same bare a few frames less, in my case it went from 55 to 45 yet...

 

Now press ESCAPE to access the Debug Menu and it will be extremely delayed. In fact the whole UI is schedule saturated. It takes a very long time for any UI/GUI element to update and if you die even the death screen takes up to a minute to show up.

 

Does not happen when the Civis get the [group this, getPos this, 300] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol; in their INIT fields.

 

PS: No mods other than CBA used. Latests Arma 3 version.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the report (CBA devs rarely read here, so you should probably post a github ticket too once you have time)

The CBA patrol thing doesn't use scheduler at all, so

5 hours ago, LSValmont said:

n fact the whole UI is schedule saturated

sounds.. weird..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dedmen said:

Thanks for the report (CBA devs rarely read here, so you should probably post a github ticket too once you have time)

The CBA patrol thing doesn't use scheduler at all, so

sounds.. weird..

 

I can upload a DEMO MISSION if that helps 😉 

Perhaps it is CBA_fnc_searchNearby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I posted  an error on the BI tracker and r/armadev, but I was encouraged to kick things off to you lovely folks to see if anyone has a workaround or see if I'm missing something. 

 

When I used the hide object module in the editor to hide a building on Altis and placed a building from Livonia (I've tested with simulation enabled or disabled) in its place, the AI would often walk through the walls or would not attempt to garrison the newly placed building if given a garrison waypoint. However, if I moved the Livonian building a few meters back, away from the hide objects module, the AI had no trouble garrisoning it. My current theory is that AI still recognize hidden building's pathing as the hide terrain objects module only makes the model invisible and disables collision.

Does anyone know how to outright delete a map object rather than just hide it or know how to get the AI to ignore hidden building pathing? I'm currently using the most recent version of Arma Dev Branch and the most recent version of CBA. 

 

Thanks for this fantastic mod and let me know if you have any suggestions!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xwolfsxragex said:

When I start Arma 3 I get this error message anyone know a fix

x\cba\addons\main\script_mod.hpp not found

Load CBA. You are missing CBA_A3.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When saving custom settings with:

CBA_fnc_addSetting

they are saved within .vars.Arma3Profile, right?

 

How can I clean up/remove old settings? Meaning variables that I no longer need for my mod? There is no

CBA_fnc_removeSetting

, is there?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,
I have a question regarding extended evenhandlers. I have a "Respawn" Eventhandler and it looks like this: 

class Extended_Respawn_EventHandlers {
  class CAManBase {
    class STAF_CAManBase_respawn_eh {
      Respawn = "_this call STAF_fnc_respawn_equipment;";
    };
  };
};

Now my question is, does this run on each unit of the class CAManBase (or those that inherit from it) that means even if the unit is created because the player JIPed or only once at mission start? 

Thats it already.
Many Greetings
Moony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After I select this mod to launch with the game, the game immediately crashes and returns me this error:

https://i.imgur.com/Hz4NWdl.png

 

Game cache is solid, and I deleted and redownloaded CBA A3 as well as tried older versions, but nothing worked.

I checked the file that is addressed "cba.diagnostic.pbo" and it seems that fn_isDebugConsoleAllowed.sqf is there, I don't know where the actual file would be.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there any documents which explains the cba joint rails framework?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

sorry if this is the wrong place for asking this, but I'm quite lost with my problem and can't help finding an appropriate answer - or I just lack the understanding about things to make something out of the posts and threads I already looked up.

I won't consider myself a noob in Arma 3 in general anymore, but a noob when it comes to all these server, client and mission questions. That's because I prefere singleplayer and didn't dive into the multiplayer aspect of the game, just yet.

 

So here is the thing: I don't have problems with activating mods whatsowever, but with customizing them using CBA. Ingame, either in the main menu or at the start of a mission, I have the server and the mission tab avidable (client is greyed out comletely). When I go to the mission tab everything is grayed out and all settings are forced to default. There is no chance of changing anything. However going to the server tab makes me change everything I like. When I then start a single player mission in a campaign, the setup is taken by the game just fine. But once I save the game and then reload it, for whatever reasons, the mod setup is just reverted to default, ignoring the changes I did in the first place. I tried fiddling around with the "overide mission" and "override client" options in the server tab but nothing changed --> Changes in server tab apply on mission startup, but are set back to default on loading a savegame.

A simple example: I subscribed to "Apricot's MW NVG VFX" wich changes the look of the nightvision. The default setting is the vanilla like Phosphor Green. But well, I want the Modern Warfare Phosphor. I changed it in the server tab ('cause I can't in mission tab) and at the beginning of the mission it works perfectly fine. But once I load a savegame, the nightvision is standard green again.

 

So is there something I overlook, something I do wrong or is it just the way it is for stock SP campaigns?

 

Thank you very much for your help and guidance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the problem with save game. These files save a lot of things but "forget" some settings.

For example, your mod "Apricot's..." is modifying the vision (a display) for your player. If the author doesn't care about the save/load for display event handler(s), you loose the context. In other words, a good mod is a mod able to re-load its codes for displays and keys (EHs).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,
I have a question.
The CBA_A3 Mod at the workshop is no longer usable since the Mod update. steam but also Arma himself have problems.
Either something is wrong with the mod key or ..... .

Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?
Or contact with the modders?

Here is the link to the said mod.
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=450814997


Would it be great who would do something since the mod update a few days ago nothing more happened and there is no opportunity for discussion there.
to reach those too ......
Mfg gonnes

 

P.S.: And yes sometimes you can no longer get on the server ... because allegedly CBA is not there although you have it and the server too .... Arma kicks you because the version doesn't match!

         And yes all my friends I know and co have the same problem!

 

PLEAS HELP?!?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to its extreme popularity (2M+ Subscribers), its common to get out-of-sync with CBA versions and/or users.

Try shutting down the Game and Steam (running in the background) completely, then rebooting.

 

You can shut down the Steam software itself in your "show hidden icons" tab at the bottom of your desktop screen, and then right-click on the Steam Icon, and click Exit.

Try starting up your game/steam again.... it should send another request to the Steam servers to check/update your mod set.

 

You may have to do this (and maybe reboot) more than once to get the ping/request/update to go through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Von Quest said:

Due to its extreme popularity (2M+ Subscribers), its common to get out-of-sync with CBA versions and/or users.

Try shutting down the Game and Steam (running in the background) completely, then rebooting.

 

You can shut down the Steam software itself in your "show hidden icons" tab at the bottom of your desktop screen, and then right-click on the Steam Icon, and click Exit.

Try starting up your game/steam again.... it should send another request to the Steam servers to check/update your mod set.

 

You may have to do this (and maybe reboot) more than once to get the ping/request/update to go through.

 

yes that has already been done over 20 times. also deactivate the mod and subscribe again or deactivate it and download it via Arma3 luncher.
the error persists!
this is frustrating for all of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, gonnes said:

 

yes that has already been done over 20 times. also deactivate the mod and subscribe again or deactivate it and download it via Arma3 luncher.
the error persists!
this is frustrating for all of us.

 

gonnes. If you are getting a key mis-match error, check directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@CBA_A3\addons" and see if there are multiple keys for each PBO and remove all the keys (BSIGN files) for the older version. Also in the  "keys" directory. In my case, when downloading/redownloading from the Steam Workshop recently it was downloading keys for the new version and previous. Not sure why. It could be something on the local machine or there could be some version dependency with the launcher/workshop but removing the previous version keys resolved a pbo mismatch error for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2021 at 7:03 AM, sifterr said:

 

gonnes. If you are getting a key mis-match error, check directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@CBA_A3\addons" and see if there are multiple keys for each PBO and remove all the keys (BSIGN files) for the older version. Also in the  "keys" directory. In my case, when downloading/redownloading from the Steam Workshop recently it was downloading keys for the new version and previous. Not sure why. It could be something on the local machine or there could be some version dependency with the launcher/workshop but removing the previous version keys resolved a pbo mismatch error for me.

 

 

the idea is not bad I checked it was only 1 key 3.15.5 Current version.

I deleted the whole folder now manually and reloaded the error remains the same for all of us ...

 

THE Mod Key waht is Downloading From steam:

https://ibb.co/rkHm4rT

 

THE Fail:

 

https://ibb.co/xhhG22Y
https://ibb.co/YQ2f32S

 

All Servers!

 

Anyone else have an idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2021 at 8:51 PM, gonnes said:

 

 

the idea is not bad I checked it was only 1 key 3.15.5 Current version.

I deleted the whole folder now manually and reloaded the error remains the same for all of us ...

 

THE Mod Key waht is Downloading From steam:

https://ibb.co/rkHm4rT

 

THE Fail:

 

https://ibb.co/xhhG22Y
https://ibb.co/YQ2f32S

 

All Servers!

 

Anyone else have an idea?

 IS CBA DEAD?

 since 13.07.2021 NO MORE working Right ...

Unistall / NEW iNSTALL

Manuell Deleting and new Install....

And i Not Allone ...

 

No fixes ... no idea´s... RIP???

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its very much alive. Its used by a zillion players/devs... Not sure whats going on with you, but...

I would not recommend messing with the !Workshop folder in ArmA - this is not where the mods are stored. It states DO NOT CHANGE.

 

The mods/addons are stored via ID# in Steam. The file-path for CBA for me is :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\450814997

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2021 at 6:42 PM, Von Quest said:

Its very much alive. Its used by a zillion players/devs... Not sure whats going on with you, but...

I would not recommend messing with the !Workshop folder in ArmA - this is not where the mods are stored. It states DO NOT CHANGE.

 

The mods/addons are stored via ID# in Steam. The file-path for CBA for me is :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\450814997

 

nothing messed around, everything is normal, but CBA has not worked since the update ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×