Sign in to follow this  
Raid

M1A1 MBT A2 Port

For some strange reason, if I run arma with this addon, all the other tanks loose the NV and FLIR optics on both gunners and commanders. Other than that i think it's awesome. Cheers!

holy helicopter on a tuesday morning the A3 2035 style abrams you texture updated looks like BIS would have made it.

Hahaha This commend made my day!

BTW +1 nice job Brainbug

raid, you should take the M1A2 2035 and model its commanders gun to be a Mk30 turret like the stationary turret(or the slammer commander gun for UP veriant), and have the loaders gun stay the same

For some strange reason, if I run arma with this addon, all the other tanks loose the NV and FLIR optics on both gunners and commanders. Other than that i think it's awesome. Cheers!

Are you talking about All in Arma?

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

raid, you should take the M1A2 2035 and model its commanders gun to be a Mk30 turret like the stationary turret(or the slammer commander gun for UP veriant), and have the loaders gun stay the same

Effort....... And the Map Icons, I don't care dude if you think they are something you would like it's an easy replace.

Are you talking about All in Arma?

Nope, regular Arma 3, if I run this addon I'll loose nv and flir capabilities on all other turrets of tanks. Maybe it's just me, tonight I'll test it again but this time with no addons other than this one.

Nope, regular Arma 3, if I run this addon I'll loose nv and flir capabilities on all other turrets of tanks. Maybe it's just me, tonight I'll test it again but this time with no addons other than this one.

Let me know what you find as I think I have fixed the issue.

Let me know what you find as I think I have fixed the issue.

I confirm that the issues is originated from this addon only. I couldn't determine the actual cause :s

I confirm that the issues is originated from this addon only. I couldn't determine the actual cause :s

Somewhere during V1.6 and V1.7 I deleted a part of code that told the vehicles to use NVG/TI. This code was the base class for all Armoured Optics. This has been fixed for the next update.

So I have been using the M1A2 a bit more and have some things to report. Im not sure if it is these tanks or Arma 3 in general because some weird small issues like these pop up on our servers now, with this one and a few other mods as well. So Im not sure if they are actionable on your part Raid, or even intentional on the second one, or Arma is just being Arma. In anycase, I will attempt to do further testing to see if this is just an isolated case.

-When Commander fires, it can force the gunner into default main cannon selection and they can fire a SABOT round accidentally if they were using the coaxial. (note that this only can happen. It sometimes doesn't even occur)

-When Turret is moving, it locks out a few abiliities. These include the ability to turn out or in (most noticable for driver) and the ability to get in the tank.

Here is a video from an Operation we did that showed us a few of these. Im still not sure if it was desync or the turret moving when I could not get in the commander seat. If you watch other parts of the video, a good thing to note is that we are using the Real Armor mod.

Firing glitch -

The whole sequence lasts until about 6 minute mark

Not able to get in -

Edited by flyinpenguin

@penguin The first issue is really odd I'm not sure on it. The Second when the Turret is moving yes, the driver cannot turnout. This removes the possibility of getting the driver's head cut off. Not sure about the getting in.

@penguin the gun issue has been in ArmA 3, you can find it also happening on the default ArmA 3 tanks.

Ah, darn. So its all down to bohemia. Oh well, thanks guys. And that is good to know that that is normal for the driver to be unable to turn out during turret rotation. Would be cool if it applies to getting into the tank as well.

-When Turret is moving, it locks out a few abiliities. These include the ability to turn out or in (most noticable for driver) and the ability to get in the tank.

I can definitely confirm that as something that's been present since at very least Operation Arrowhead. We always head that problem on our servers with both vanilla and custom vehicles. Our only known solution was to make everyone bug out and have driver get in back first. Even then, we'd achieve the desired result about 50% of time.

Try to make a ticket in the Feedback Tracker.

Edited by nuttex

Hi, thank you for adding the m1 mbt to the game. I have a problem with laying the gun correct, as commander my gunner is not aiming correct. my frind has no problem with this?

Regards MWT

Hi, thank you for adding the m1 mbt to the game. I have a problem with laying the gun correct, as commander my gunner is not aiming correct. my frind has no problem with this?

Regards MWT

Sorry i'm not sure as to what "laying the gun" means?

@all

The turning out issue is because the commander of the vehicle (squad picture will appear) has to turn out first for everyone to get the option to turn out, BI did fix this in the beta though.

My gunner is not aiming correct, he is missing the target, when i am ordering him to fire?

My gunner is not aiming correct, he is missing the target, when i am ordering him to fire?

So I'm guessing you are talking about an AI gunner. Are you locking onto the target?

Yes i lock on to the target, and then my AI gunner fail to align the gun correct. I am not really sure what courses this issue, i have tried the Leopard 2 from the BW mod and it works fine?

Edited by mwt

The sound config changes in the latest dev build also affect your M256 cannon, I hope you can soon publish a new version containing the config adjustments. Check http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179308-Weapon-sounds-affected-by-suppressors-change-in-1-23

As soon as all the changes come through on final build I'll update accordingly. If all goes well that is.

-Raid

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

Yes i lock on to the target, and then my AI gunner fail to align the gun correct. I am not really sure what courses this issue, i have tried the Leopard 2 from the BW mod and it works fine?

I really don't know how AI work with Addon's. I can't think of anything that would be causing your issue.

Hmmm.... no me neither, it is really annoying and a bit sad. I guess i just have to try to figure out what is causing this on my machine, i just do not have a clue? And as i said; tanks from other mods do not seem to have this issue?!

Hmmm.... no me neither, it is really annoying and a bit sad. I guess i just have to try to figure out what is causing this on my machine, i just do not have a clue? And as i said; tanks from other mods do not seem to have this issue?!

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

-Raid