Sign in to follow this  

Resistance buglist

A few things...

Pistols are way too accurate...I got a 150m head shot, through a window, with a Beretta - not possible.

Mag capacity for the Beretta is wrong.

When holding a pistol and crouched, aim down as far as you can.  The guy will look like his hands are hooked behind his knee - clipping problem with the model itself.

The AI seems to be all screwy when using pistols.  For example, my black op armed with an MP5 would rather pull out the Glock when fighting in a town...it's like if he sees a target within 50m he goes to the pistol...make him stop!  

Also, if a guy armed with only a pistol picks up a rifle, and there are no targets around, he doesn't switch to the bigger gun....makes no sense.  I have to order him to drop the pistol, then pick it up again before he'll use the rifle.

A tiny thing: In Hunting mission briefing it says "Try not to avoid a lot of damage,..."

I'm pretty sure that's not right. smile.gif

Came across a weird problem:

I've had Resistance installed since I'd bought it installed upon a fresh v.1.46 plyaed through to mission 17-20 or something when i thought hey lets try to play some of the vintage missions from the 'old' campaign 1985.

Being lazy I copied a completed savegame "1985.sqc" (download from Lady Avon's site) to the temp folder to skip playing through the campaign again.

Then this weird thing happens....When I'm changing to or from the resistance campaign OPF quits and says' "cant memory map resistance.pbo"!!!

Thinking 'Oh no I've messed it all up now', I start to remove all unofficial addons from both addon folders, and the .sqc file replacing the .sqc file with the original .sqc, thinking this might solve it, but no.

Weird thing is, when I restart OPF the campaign has changed, and I can play the game until I want to change campaign, and which at this point it will quit...and so on.

So the bug is that I've somehow screwed up by using a savegame from before resistance were released.

I can't change from the older campaigns to the resistance campaign or back without OPF quitting....

Strange bug I think, dunno if the game creates a chrashfile or sumthin' i could email BIS, I presume it only does this when it hangs or what?

LOL @ the mine bug now

i realised i was ordering them to 'drop' the mine and not 'put' it.

oh well tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (moerty @ July 31 2002,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this bug has been mentioned before but now i have some observations as to how it might occur.

bug: infinite ammo littering the ground when putting ammo in a vehicle.

observations: bug seems to happen when the vehicle being loaded is parked too close to the ammo crates, also when 2 vehicles being loaded up are too close to each other. put in 2 different rocket launchers in the same vehicle and when you switch between rockets the bug seems to occur again.

unobserved rumors: rumor has it that filling a vehicle too much with ammo activates this bug, i haven't observed it nor been able to verify it since there is no published limit for each vehicle.

possible problem. i believe the ammo box classes might be getting mixed up when you park a vehicle too close to an ammo crate. what might be happening is that the class which defines the vehicle object cannot be in the action menu at the same time as the class that defines the ammo crate object. i shouldn't speculate on what exactly is happening but i believe the classes might be derived from similar classes and variables that are named the same are being used by both object classes when only one should be using it. this however does not explain the 2 rocket launchers in the same vehicle problem so i could be talking out of my ass.

bug: there is no option for putting ammo inside a BRDM, i doubt that this is intentional but if it is someone please tell me because it seems like such a blatant oversight.

i hope my observations help in improving this game i love so much hehe.<span id='postcolor'>

I have to disappoint you - the observations are all wrong.

I'll start by telling you how to check out the last part. Use vehicle addmagazinecargo ["m16",10000] and it should fill up. Not to more than it's maximum capacity though. If you try to put something into it by then, it will drop outside.

When you observed it there, it was probably filled vehicles that did it. I've several times moved cargo from one vehicle/crate to another. Not that I quite understand what it is you're doing at that rocket launcher part.

Note that weapons (sidearms, Rifles, Machineguns, launchers) and ammo (magazines, rockets) are separate in this.

> the class which defines the vehicle object cannot be in the action menu at the same time as the class that defines the ammo crate object.

It appears like this:

"Put M16 in CH47"

"Put M16 mag in CH47"

"Put M16 in Ammo Crate (West)"

"Put M16 mag in Ammo Crate (West)"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (eNRGy @ Aug. 02 2002,17:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bug: If you put a weapon into a vehicle or container then the ammo for that weapon ceases to exist. You often don't notice if the container already has some of that ammo in it. (Try putting an RPG nh75 that you have rockets for into an empty truck then taking it out again - you now have 0 rockets)

Same for pistols, primary and secondary weapons, the ammo just ceases to exist.<span id='postcolor'>

The ammo is lying around on the ground around the vehicle. The vechicle is simply filled to the brim with ammo, and so it cannot take any more. The ammo is simply dropped onto the ground.

Look around a bit, I'm sure you will find the ammo lying around somewhere. (Looks like satchels, btw. Try "drop"ping ammo to see how it looks)

I think I might try to put together an "bug faq" that covers most of the misunderstandings here. If bis makes it official I wouldn't take that amiss.

Anyway, I have a couple bugs of my own:

Second joystick hat STILL not supported.

Rudder control when using stick without z-axis STILL not fixed.

(These are ancient bugs)

Oh, and how come there's no way to get the whole thing on one page? Helps tremendously if I want to do the reading offline.

A web-based bug submission and confirmation system would be quite good for sorting out the bugs from the misunderstandings too. I'm willing to help bis with such a project.

multiplayer is unbalanced. russians have far better vehicles.

i.e. the Hind needs 2 to 3 AAs to get shot down but the Apache only needs 1 or 2 strelas.

the t72 is far better than the m60 (MUCH quicker reload, higher accuracy, higher damage and better armor).

the Hip has a MUCH higher firepower than the Blackhawk with FFAR pods and can be seen as an fully capable combat heli since it is also quite manouverable... that would make 3 combat helis for the east vs 2 easy to destroy combat choppers on west.

the V-80 is superior to any west chopper and can take as much hits as an Apache.

west has fewer vehicles than east.

some vehicles jump up and down if you enter them as gunner first - makes it impossible to aim properly. you have to change to driver position first to make the jumping stop.

smile.gif

Hello, simple bug similar i think to the 1 where ur nto able to put ur rpg back in crate if its the last weapon u carry.

When u start as an officer, and u put all ur grenades back in the crates, it is not possible to select the smokeshells so u can put them back in too. Instead u either have to take another grenade reload the smoke shells, or u just take rpgs or laws and it puts them back in automatically, its a small bug but nevertheless still 1.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Muscular Beaver @ Aug. 25 2002,00:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">multiplayer is unbalanced. russians have far better vehicles.

i.e. the Hind needs 2 to 3 AAs to get shot down but the Apache only needs 1 or 2 strelas.

the t72 is far better than the m60 (MUCH quicker reload, higher accuracy, higher damage and better armor).

the Hip has a MUCH higher firepower than the Blackhawk with FFAR pods and can be seen as an fully capable combat heli since it is also quite manouverable... that would make 3 combat helis for the east vs 2 easy to destroy combat choppers on west.

the V-80 is superior to any west chopper and can take as much hits as an Apache.

west has fewer vehicles than east.

some vehicles jump up and down if you enter them as gunner first - makes it impossible to aim properly. you have to change to driver position first to make the jumping stop.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I play online quite a bit and if anything West has the advantage. You kind of forgot to compare the MBT's, big big overlook.

If you have not noticed the apache is not a really big chopper in real life compared to Mi24... as a matter of fact it's a tiny helicoper. How the heck could it take so many AA rockets to shoot it down??

Actually, the things that show in MP are for the West, that's the MBT and sniper rifle. M2A2 is not so bad either.

I don't have any time to check if this is been sayd already.

1. when you drop a weapon, and then pick it up again you can't fire it anymore

2. snipers should not act like normal soldiers, they should act like snipers should!!

thats it

When moving in "walk" mode (holding a pistol, strafing, hit the 'f' key, etc.) all of your men still move in full run mode, and will eventually end up a fair distance ahead of you!

its not a question of realism. in real life you wouldnt be able to choose the "best" side, so it has to be balanced so that not everyone takes the same side. In real life one AA would be enough in most cases for every helicopter, too. especially if shot from front or behind. only because the cockpit of the hind is armored doesnt mean the whole thing is a flying T72 (need 2 LAWs to get shot down). in real life they have countermeasures, in ofp they dont. heck, you dont even know when someones locking onto you.

if I noticed something, then that most old timer clan people always chose east side because they know it is stronger.

you mentioned the M2A2... east has also the BMP2 plus the BMP. M2A2 and BMP/2 are quite the same anyway if you havent noticed. I would even say the BMP is better since it also has heat and sabot, can carry more personell and isnt as high as the M2 (harder to spot and harder to aim at).

the dragunov kills much quicker than the m21 too, so it wont need that many bullets in the clip. most people even admit that they like the dragunov better. T80 and M1A1 are about the same eighter. the M1A1 has a bit more armor, so youre right. that should be tweaked too. it still makes the russians more powerful with tanks (and others) because of the T72. make a duel with 1 M1 and 1 M60 vs 1 T80 and 1 T72 and you will see.

The T-72 beeing superior to the M-60 is absolutely correct.

The M-60 is a basically an upgrade of the old M-46, that is a 50's Design.

The T-72 was the main reason why the M1 was build and introduced.

Don't know if it was mentioned yet:

Some queries don't work on dedicated servers - like CadetMode or CameraOn. They work fine on nondedicated servers in MP, but when you put the same mission on a dedicated server they won't.

I use the CadetMode command in my MP missions to give the players extra weapons, to make enemy squads a bit weaker or to display additional hints. No matter if a dedicated server is set to cadet or veteran - the map always plays as if the query would return false (=veteran mode). Things like waypoint indicators and other stuff that gets enabled by cadet mode work fine, so the server IS running in cadet mode, while the query returns a false answer.

Also a query like ?(CameraOn==player) works fine in SP or MP on a non-dedicated server, but not on a dedicated server.

something else:

sometimes in MP games and even in SP missions you cant lock onto flying choppers or planes with the AA launcher or the Strela. I *think* it mostly happens when there are lots of units in the air at the same time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Muscular Beaver @ Aug. 28 2002,10:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sometimes in MP games and even in SP missions you cant lock onto flying choppers or planes with the AA launcher or the Strela. I *think* it mostly happens when there are lots of units in the air at the same time.<span id='postcolor'>

Have you seen the AA Weapons Lock thread?

Hi Guys!

Don't know if you had it already but i dont wanna read 20 pages....

However, when I'm injured and go to a medic my player symbol is still red, although the medic already healed me. my fellow soldiers turn back to normal colour again after being healed. It's just a minor bug and doesnt really affect gameplay, but it still is one so i posted it, lol...

just looked at the thread but my problem is that it works sometimes (in the same game with veteran or cadet mode) and sometimes not. say I am trying to target a V80 that comes straight for me, but it wont show the white box. then after 5 mins I try again on the same chopper and it will lock and show the box.

Helicopters can be lying upside-down wihtout being blown in the air. Easy to simulate, just land on a hill and "fall of" tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ July 19 2002,20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">13. Client PCs dont save the mp maps anymore.<span id='postcolor'>

a reply to nr 13. when a client pc downloads the mission, the file is downloaded to a tmp folder in your main opf folder. you won´t be able to drag it to your MPmissions folder because the game is running it. but when you then do a different mission on the same server you can "alt+tab" back to windows and drag the file over.

but you are right that it does not download it to the MPmissions folder right away.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

With a pistol actively equipped, you can run forever without hearing the heavy breathing sound or suffering from decreased aim.

This is probably because you run slower with while sprinting with a pistol then sprinting with a riffle(wich is very crazy).

Which is a "bug", u should get tired anyway.

<span id='postcolor'>

Have you ever seen a marathon  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote  

AI using AA as AT is okay.  Gotta do what you gotta do.  Enemy tanks need to be destroyed, so he uses it.

Its ok til you have a Mi-24 over your head that wount go away.

Maybe that's a joke, but when htere is a tank and u want it destroyed, u bet u are going to use the AA as a last resort.

<span id='postcolor'>

The stupid part was that the fired AA at the tanks when there were still people with LAW/AT in the group, its ok if AA is the only ricket/missile weapon U have.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote  

Using a Tank or BMP in a uphill sometimes often it goes to slow!

Have U driven a tank uphill IRL?

Have you?

<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, thats why I didnt say that it wasnt too slow. I just get the feeling that poeple think the vehicles are too slow uphill and then they report it as a bugg even though they have no idea how it is IRL.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bugs?  Well, then u can consider choppers spinning their blades upside down on the ground a bug.  And chopper blades hitting the ground or trees and not causing damage a bug.<span id='postcolor'>

That is definately a bug, I just forgot about it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Pistols are way too accurate...I got a 150m head shot, through a window, with a Beretta - not possible.

<span id='postcolor'>

Lucky shot?

The pistols arent very accurate in my hands smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When holding a pistol and crouched, aim down as far as you can.  The guy will look like his hands are hooked behind his knee - clipping problem with the model itself.

<span id='postcolor'>

And when U are lying proned and aim down the gun will disappear in the ground, this is something to fix for OFP 2 maybe, I think its too much work to make this work the way U want it to.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (moerty @ July 31 2002,19:28)

this bug has been mentioned before but now i have some observations as to how it might occur.

bug: infinite ammo littering the ground when putting ammo in a vehicle.

observations: bug seems to happen when the vehicle being loaded is parked too close to the ammo crates, also when 2 vehicles being loaded up are too close to each other. put in 2 different rocket launchers in the same vehicle and when you switch between rockets the bug seems to occur again.

unobserved rumors: rumor has it that filling a vehicle too much with ammo activates this bug, i haven't observed it nor been able to verify it since there is no published limit for each vehicle.

possible problem. i believe the ammo box classes might be getting mixed up when you park a vehicle too close to an ammo crate. what might be happening is that the class which defines the vehicle object cannot be in the action menu at the same time as the class that defines the ammo crate object. i shouldn't speculate on what exactly is happening but i believe the classes might be derived from similar classes and variables that are named the same are being used by both object classes when only one should be using it. this however does not explain the 2 rocket launchers in the same vehicle problem so i could be talking out of my ass.

bug: there is no option for putting ammo inside a BRDM, i doubt that this is intentional but if it is someone please tell me because it seems like such a blatant oversight.

i hope my observations help in improving this game i love so much hehe.

I have to disappoint you - the observations are all wrong.

I'll start by telling you how to check out the last part. Use vehicle addmagazinecargo ["m16",10000] and it should fill up. Not to more than it's maximum capacity though. If you try to put something into it by then, it will drop outside.

When you observed it there, it was probably filled vehicles that did it. I've several times moved cargo from one vehicle/crate to another. Not that I quite understand what it is you're doing at that rocket launcher part.

Note that weapons (sidearms, Rifles, Machineguns, launchers) and ammo (magazines, rockets) are separate in this.

> the class which defines the vehicle object cannot be in the action menu at the same time as the class that defines the ammo crate object.

It appears like this:

"Put M16 in CH47"

"Put M16 mag in CH47"

"Put M16 in Ammo Crate (West)"

"Put M16 mag in Ammo Crate (West)"

<span id='postcolor'>

The stupid think is:

The ammo crate is full and U put something in it, instead of one object turning up outside there will be 99999999... objects turning up on the ground in MP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">multiplayer is unbalanced. russians have far better vehicles.<span id='postcolor'>

Last time I checked this was a bugglist, its up the whoever makes the map to balance it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">when you drop a weapon, and then pick it up again you can't fire it anymore

<span id='postcolor'>

What weapon is that?

I always drop the RPG in desert ambush so I can carry more mines and satchels, when I get back I can use the RPG.