Sign in to follow this  

Resistance buglist

In the mission editor if you place a civilian plane inside one of the aircraft hangars it can't get out! The hangar doors are not wide enough for the wingspan!?! You have thought they'd have tested this wouldn't you?

1) AI will fire on unoccupied M2 gun.

2) AT soldiers have to get really close to engage armor....and sometimes end up dying before they get a shot.

3) The Campaign mission called Occupation has a trigger bug that causes the tanks to the NE of the main base not to go to the base.  In order to complete the mission you have to travel out of the mission area sometimes resulting in you blowing up.  (By the way, please remove this aspect from the game).  I guess it would be ok for Multiplayer for safezones, but it doesn't have any worthwhile use in SP..I mean if we want to roam around aimlessly....then we should be able to.  wink.gif  Just my opinion!

***On a side note.....why can't people just list bugs in a mature way. Seems like people take this game too personal. Listing bugs in a mature way will most likely get them fixed quicker or atleast more attention to them** Saying it sucks or is crap doesn't help BIS at all. Why am I wasting my time..... confused.gif

V80 in rats nest mission: the screen wobbles and shakes a lot!.when moving looks like poor frame rate judder. when still/hovering looks like a jelly on a merry go round(looks like the veiwpoint is constantly trying to recentre itself). target markers in same mission appear and disapear at an alarming speed in a 50metre circular area, instead of one fixed spot(AI left vehicle cause of damage?, but still being reported as part of M1?. causing confusion in position maybe?)

Forum AI constantly mistake bug report thread for bug rant thread. please sort this one out wink.gif it gets old fast!...

this was esp. irritating:

- AI carrying AA launchers use them on BMP's and tanks even when there are RPG soldiers in the group.

- RPG AI double targets vehicles and wastes 2 rockets on vehicles that just need one. (IE. 2 rpg soldiers simultaneously shooting at a BMP)

- you tell an rpg soldier to engage a tank, if he kills the crew but not the tank he'll continue firing until the tank is destroyed (very annoying if you are collecting vehicles.). i think while there are still enemy inside the tank(dead or alive), the soldier considers it hostile. once in such a situation i had told my RPG soldier to cease fire, got into the tank so the enemy crew would fall out and i could collect their gear, i first got into the commanders position and i hear the AI say "tank 2'oclock" i give them the weapons free command just in case and the bastard shoots my tank and destroys it with me in it.......

- in the campaign mission occupation you capture a russian BMP2 but in the next mission it's a russian BMP. this is especially annoying since i love BMP2 but it also disrupts the storyline. what am i suppossed to think, that some drunk/stoned Soviets snuck into my camp at night with a BMP, disembarked and stole my BMP2 and forgot their vehicle? i hardly think so.

AI using AA as AT is okay. Gotta do what you gotta do. Enemy tanks need to be destroyed, so he uses it.

Did you still have that certain tank you got into targeted by the AI?

I destroyed that BMP2 so I assume that the resistance brought in a BMP as a replacement

Dunno if this has been mentioned before, but if you start your mission next to a helicopter, the helicopter bounces for a bit, for that "just landed" look!

Also, stationary tanks/ APCS seem to roll downhill of their own accord when you are driver. No, I haven't moved the mouse or pressed any keys! smile.gif Turn the engine off, disembark, time accelerate to 4x and watch that tank roll down a hill itself!!

In the "stop the convoy" mission, the occupants of one of the T72s got out of the tank and I killed them. I clambered into the tank and found it would still drive. I took it to the base, very pleased with myself, where I fully expected to keep it (it was servicable, after all). But no, I had to blow it up - what a waste. I am sure this qualifies as a bug, as we all know the point of resistance is to gather weapons for an assault!

Next: when I drive a tank, prone enemy soldiers "bounce off" the tank instead of being crushed. And I don't think they're taking evasive action either! I can only kill them if I get speed up.

The game turns itself off when u leave the city on the first mission or when trying to use the editor. (does this count?)

Ghosts and reconnection probs simialr to 1.60....once ghost is there can reconnect for atleast 30-40 minutes

Weapon accuracy

pistols shoot to the left...or atleast appear that way with the tracer like line emiting from the gun...also way slower than other guns

Campaign mission occupation.....if you go in the forest on the east part of the main base and start picking off soldiers with a sniper gun.....only the soldiers in the immediate vicinity of the attack will react.

Try this...pick off the M2 gunner on the south side of the base and watch the normal soldier that is just east of him. He doesn't move....I would think that the whole base could hear this gunshot and should react.

Now if you pick off a member of a group then his whole group will react properly.

yeah one would think that a large caliber scoped rifle would be heard, and reacted to...prolly just need to tweak some of those AI brains...i love the guys with AKs that literally snipe you from over 300m.

bug with m2 top heavy gun allways go's up mp dm map the gun on edge of town makes it impossible to aim

After installing Resistance the hand book in the briefings that gives you your objectives and weapon selection for me has disappeared from resistance the 1985 cold war crisis and red hammer campaign. It still shows up for the debriefings though.

abandonyeallhope

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (russin @ July 27 2002,04:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bug with m2 top heavy gun allways go's up mp dm map the gun on edge of town makes it impossible to aim<span id='postcolor'>

Clearing this one up a bit, the turrets on M2 Machine Guns seem to weirdly push themselves upwards all the time in multiplayer when there are two or more M2's close to each other... It really makes aiming with them hard.

Speaking of turrets, there also seems to be a bug in the AI threat detection, yesterday in a coop mission we shot a BMP with a LAW, and knocked its turret out, and the AI crew jumped out... after killing the crew, one of our guys took the bmp for a ride (with a broken turret) and the other enemy AI's didnt do anything to him, he drove over all of the infantry in the map and destroyed all the enemy tanks by driving right next to them and shooting them with the turret that hanged down, and the AI didnt react to it at all.

also, as mentioned earlier too I think, the tank turrets always seem to face north on the start of mission when playing on dedicated server, which looks funny when the tanks itself face west/east.

1. The AI is able to look through fog when humans cannot. Ditto with smoke shells. What's the point of smoke shells in the single-player game?

In the mission "Trap", the penultimate mission, I ordered my men to board the T55's there. They started firing at the approaching T72 and BMP 1000m away (!wink.gif and I could see NOTHING.

I immediately pressed "Restart", jumped into the tank and zoomed in as far as I could go, but still saw nothing confused.gif

2. Talking of that mission, why is it the two resistance tanks brought up to replace the destroyed enemy tanks are marked as "enemy" tanks (red "BMP" and red "T72")? I nearly blew them up, thinking they were reinforcements!

3. In the very final mission, one of the resistance T55's is still alive and able to move on the runway next to the SU27s!! And yet, not one of the enemy guards opened fire on it.

russian engineer paa file missing (picture equipment\m\m_minee.paa).

The the gunner of an M2 gets killed, he doesn't fall and die like normal. He just becomes a dead body laying on the ground. There is no imbetween. The second he dies he is on the ground without transition.

This list is incredibly long with bugs that some are big, and some are trivial.

This falls in the big category.

Concerns dedicated server and ghosting.  I define ghosting as when a player gets disconnected from the server yet the server does not actually recognize the player has disconnected, and according to the server it will show the player having a 0(zero) ping.

When a player has ghosted, and the server admin boots the ghosted player, after a few moments the player pool updates and removes the player from the pool.  However, for some reason the server code does not recognize the player as being gone and does not update the available player positions when a player is trying to get into the server.

Example:Connections gets up to about 250 since last boot.  During this time the admins have had to boot several players for ghosting.  When ppl try to connect using the ingame browser, the browser will show 21 of 30 ppl connected, but will not allow anyone else to connect saying the server is full.  This bug does not happen after a fresh boot.  If this error happens I have to shut the dedicated down and restart it.  And then 30 ppl can connect again.

As a side note..I have had several crashes and have forgotten where to send the .rpt to for BIS to look at.  Can anyone direct me to that address.  Thanks in advance.

Stoner

http://www.stone-keep.com

Stoner...we have had the same issue with our dedicated server...Suma has been in this thread as well answering some questions regarding similar issues and responding...check here: thread here

We have also found that this happens on occasion even without the ghosting issue, although I agree that it does happen mostly as you have described. Hope this is worked out soon.

Right well:

Since installing the game, whenever I click Prefernces and then click start the game doesnt load up says the Wrong CD is In. Though if I just select play it works fine.

When playing MP on kolujev whilst receving data about 50% of the time the game just closes, didnt happen in the original.

I was playing MP on Nogova and I was still connected to the server and could chat to the people on it but I couldt move or perform anything apart from looking at the map and player list

okay on the save the hostage mission.  When ai joins the group they seem to get stupid on you or something.

Any way I played with this in multiplayer trying to reproduce it.

So this is what I could devise. If you give commans to ai already in your group before the other ai joins.  The new ai when it joins gets retarded as hell.  The AI that is already with is not retarded.

Also AI getting in vehicles.  

AI refuses to get in a vehicle that has been repaired after damaged.  

Also only if you have been in the vehicle.

wow I guess going to Non direct play was smart. OKay sorry just had to do it though.

That sound bug is getting unbearable...

I can't get past the ammo truck ambush mission coz the sound loops constantly...

and then you can't order your men.

GRR!!! Make it stop....

plz add the old weapon and ammo capacity to the vehicles, many mp maps are now incombatible,

some more breathing and footstepp sound would be nice,

And a must fix is that ammo glitch. If you overload a vehicles the ammo spills out and begins to reproduce. Hundreds of them are created and it lags the server to hell.

Dunno if that was allready mentioned, but it looks like their is a major bug in group/units management.

([if I use '"this moveincargo T1" foreach units group player', only the guy with this command in its init-field is moven in as cargo, but not the rest of the group.] authors stupidity, please ignore)

Maybe a related problem, the "transport unload" waypoints act a bit strange, only one guy is unloaded, then the chopper lifts off again and hoovers over the unload position, if you are the leader of the group you can command now all your ppl to disembark, the chopper will land and unload them then, afterwards it continious it normal waypoint routine.

That the chopper handling of waypoint should be improved was mentioned before AFAIK.