SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Yet another issue with rvmats.

That white thing isn't RVmats 9/10 times. Usually its the Alphas being sorted wrong.

Yeah. Happened to the warthogs too. I think we fixed that, so this should be the same ^_^

That white thing isn't RVmats 9/10 times. Usually its the Alphas being sorted wrong.

Its RVmats in this case.

What the RVmats ?

Basically you "unfold" the 3d Model and then transfer the "flat" 2d version of it into a small space. This 2d version allows you to make textures for the model. That´s what you call an UV Map

EDIT: I´m an Idiot. Sry. I just overflew the question and read UV Maps. Dont know why.

Edited by Lumnuon

This is why Zero is the RVKing. Also, that uniform texture is massively outdated, for anyone going "what is that?"

I really like the look of the magnum. I can't wait to see your work on the visors.

I can't wait to for this :)! I do have a question though, has there already been talks on what kind of ballistic/projectile each weapon will be using? For example:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090820163738/halo/images/7/7d/Ammo_-UNSC.png (311 kB)

Also will there be changes to the trajectories on small arms weapon? Weapons in the future would function differently to modern weapons, like how WW2 differs to our modern firearms.

I can't wait to for this :)! I do have a question though, has there already been talks on what kind of ballistic/projectile each weapon will be using? For example:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090820163738/halo/images/7/7d/Ammo_-UNSC.png (311 kB)

Also will there be changes to the trajectories on small arms weapon? Weapons in the future would function differently to modern weapons, like how WW2 differs to our modern firearms.

Yes, I've already made some changes to the ballistics of each round (except the 7.62x51 because it is the exact same round) to match as closely as I can to how they would behave if they were real.

The amount of updates you guys bring out each day is amazing. I check this thread every day at work and there is always something being worked on. Oh and the SMG looks amazing so far ;)

Yes, I've already made some changes to the ballistics of each round (except the 7.62x51 because it is the exact same round) to match as closely as I can to how they would behave if they were real.

That is awesome! Sorry if that question was already asked (trying to catch up on 156 pages).

Another question, what purpose will the sniper/recon visors have in the Halo universe? The first obvious guess would be Night Vision, however would that be it's only option? Or will there be extra features like thermal, HUD display (ShackTac Fireteam HUD Halo style), small motion proximity radar, etc.?

This also brings me to wonder about the night vision aspects itself. From what we know the NV's in Halo are very much different to our traditional NVG's. They can highlight objects, friendly targets, and enemy contacts (depending on circumstances

). ODST's don't even need a separate gadget for NVG's as their helmets already has an built in function. So that would mean the sniper/recon visors must have further range, further binocular zoom, better software to detect targets, as well as extra/better features like thermal and more, if not then Romeo had no need to equip the extra visor if his helmet already has all the features.

Again, I apologise in advance if this question has already been asked. Keep up with this awesome work, what ever the outcome is I will still fully support you guys anyway I could. :o

NIM7, you could use TPW HUD tactical glasses for "light" assistance in spotting units/ http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22592

MGI HUD tactical glasses offer MUCH more information, but it clutters the action menu and I think that it clutters the view a bit too much. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27011

Unfortunately BIS, in their infinite wisdom, made it impossible to create thermal goggles as the NVG items simply does not accept thermals view mode as a setting. This was raised as an issue in the bug tracker, but no fix to this day.

That is awesome! Sorry if that question was already asked (trying to catch up on 156 pages).

Another question, what purpose will the sniper/recon visors have in the Halo universe? The first obvious guess would be Night Vision, however would that be it's only option? Or will there be extra features like thermal, HUD display (ShackTac Fireteam HUD Halo style), small motion proximity radar, etc.?

This also brings me to wonder about the night vision aspects itself. From what we know the NV's in Halo are very much different to our traditional NVG's. They can highlight objects, friendly targets, and enemy contacts (depending on circumstances

). ODST's don't even need a separate gadget for NVG's as their helmets already has an built in function. So that would mean the sniper/recon visors must have further range, further binocular zoom, better software to detect targets, as well as extra/better features like thermal and more, if not then Romeo had no need to equip the extra visor if his helmet already has all the features.

Again, I apologise in advance if this question has already been asked. Keep up with this awesome work, what ever the outcome is I will still fully support you guys anyway I could. :o

The goal is to have every helmet attachment be functional in some manner. So, the visor/goggles will hopefully be a functioning rangefinder, and the laser designator would actually function as a laser designator, etc. Also, all ODSTs helmets will have a functioning low-light mode, making NVGs pointless.

The amount of updates you guys bring out each day is amazing. I check this thread every day at work and there is always something being worked on. Oh and the SMG looks amazing so far ;)

Our philosophy is that frequent updates keeps team morale and productivity up while also keeping the community interested and informed all the way through development.

Unfortunately, mostly due to what Taro8 said, these will not likely have any actual functioning features and are mainly for unit variety. But it may change.

Unfortunately, mostly due to what Taro8 said, these will not likely have any actual functioning features and are mainly for unit variety. But it may change.

You can, however, edit the HUD mods I mentioned in order to add the UNSC helmets as items that enable those HUDs. Dirty fix, but it will get the job done at least partially.

NIM7, you could use TPW HUD tactical glasses for "light" assistance in spotting units/ http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22592

MGI HUD tactical glasses offer MUCH more information, but it clutters the action menu and I think that it clutters the view a bit too much. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27011

Unfortunately BIS, in their infinite wisdom, made it impossible to create thermal goggles as the NVG items simply does not accept thermals view mode as a setting. This was raised as an issue in the bug tracker, but no fix to this day.

Interesting, how dose the Night Stalker scope work then? Could it not be done by adding the function of the Night Stalker and changing it's 3D model? (Just wondering)

You can, however, edit the HUD mods I mentioned in order to add the UNSC helmets as items that enable those HUDs. Dirty fix, but it will get the job done at least partially.

Can that be done with other items such as goggles?

Sweet William Cigars. 2511 edition. The flower is a Sweet William flower. Couldn't find images of the actual cigar from in-game without it being covered by a face..

29c6f3104e.jpg

Yes, you'll be able to "equip" your character with one.

And a bonus, but I'm not sure if we're bringing this one in:

60de191c8c.jpg

Edited by Stirls

Interesting, how dose the Night Stalker scope work then? Could it not be done by adding the function of the Night Stalker and changing it's 3D model? (Just wondering)

Scopes, cameras etc. accept thermal mode setting fine and dandy, but its the NVG's (as a "class" of items) that simply do not respect being told to display the image in thermal vision.

Can that be done with other items such as goggles?

TPW HUD and MGI HUD will, AFAIK, turn on as long as player has has any item defined in config equipped.

damn dude thats some fine detail, I didn't even realize cigars and stuff were on the agenda, time to Sergeant Johnson it up in this game!

damn dude thats some fine detail, I didn't even realize cigars and stuff were on the agenda, time to Sergeant Johnson it up in this game!

speaking of him. Is there the Sergeant cap?

speaking of him. Is there the Sergeant cap?

Not yet but there's a rumor they may be coming. ;)

I see, thank you for the info. Keep up with the good work! :)