SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Any plans for le elephant

In the current phase: no.

In the future: no, most likely not.

Why? Because the Elephant really doesn't have a useful purpose. Especially not with its extremely slow speed or for a simulation game like Arma.

Except for my logos. . .

Jk, thanks for doing that, makes it a LOT easier.

Sorry about that :( I didn't add every single picture in the thread.

In the current phase: no.

In the future: no, most likely not.

Why? Because the Elephant really doesn't have a useful purpose. Especially not with its extremely slow speed or for a simulation game like Arma.

I think the elephant is absolutely necessary. It is supposedly used as a mobile command center, troop transport, and search and recovery. In halo it is useless because (from what I have gathered from limited console play) it isn't a format to allow a real chain of command or strategy. In arma, however, it could be used for its "intended" purpose along with a repair support vehicle. This could also be amphibious and used like military hovercraft.

I am not ask you to release it on your first release, but please consider including it at some point.

Edited by jcinto23

I think the elephant is absolutely necessary. It is supposedly used as a mobile command center, troop transport, and search and recovery. In halo it is useless because (from what I have gathered from limited console play) it isn't a format to allow a real chain of command or strategy. In arma, however, it could be used for its "intended" purpose along with a repair support vehicle. This could also be amphibious and used like military hovercraft.

I myself seem the same way as I intend we will try and push for the Elephant. This has not been yet talked about but in are next group meeting we will discuss the Elephant.

I am not ask you to release it on your first release, but please consider including it at some point.

Agreed me and idarkreaper were talking about it, its basicly the all-round service vehicle plus a portable FOB

Did someone say, Elephant?..

screenshot_2014_08_16_00_59_48_by_atinakiri-d7vctma.png

I just so happen to have one from way back when I was doing 3D models for a school project. Its not textured though :L.. And I usually suck at textures.

Right, confession time. I never liked consoles, so the only Halo experience I have was Halo combat evolved (so just halo 1) on PC, and I didn't even finish it xD

However, this is the first mod I come to check up on every day on these forums, and I'm getting a case of dislocated jaw :p

I know a bit about the universe, so I do recognize most units and I've seen enough footage of reach and odst at my mates (who loves the Halo franchise) to know the bigger story and units.

Not only does this look ffin amazing, all the models, even going as far as adding buildings etc. but I like Sci-fi settings a lot, and with a spaceship, future troopers and even a space elevator this ticks all the right boxes for me even if it wasn't Halo.

I'm equally amazed at the speed at which all these things are going, almost every other day there's some new stuff to check out so kudos to that aswell! :)

I would probably have voted for you if you were still in the competition, even as a non halo junkie, so that goes to show how impressed I am at all this.

Seriously nice work! I think I'm gonna have to revisit halo 1 and I believe 2 is available on pc aswell, just to get in the mood :D

Man, I haven't looked at the progress on this in ages. This is crazy. You are doing God's work haha. Hopefully development is keeping up!

thanks gents, really appreciate the kind words. like i said before the reason why we have so many updates at such frequency is 1 to keep the community in the loop as much as possible, 2 tho provide motivation for the team as every image generates feedback, and 3 to use said feedback as aid in development and last but not least to show that we are working hard and we hope the word gets spread. the more the word spreads, the bigger chances of more people joining the team which ultimately would make for a quicker release. so if you are looking to help the mod but have no skill-set in modelling, texturing, coding or what not you can still assist. broadcast the word to other communities and see if people either want to join the project or have assets that they made themselves and are willing to donate to the project. any little thing helps, from weapons, to vehicles, buildings all the way down to random rock formations that could be used for environments. the release date comes closer day by day as time goes, but you could actually move that date closer by lifting some of the weight ;)

hope that motivates somewhat, i for one am having a blast working on this and hearing all this great feedback from the community. i know, as a 8 year arma vet, that sci-fi is not often accepted/ wanted in the arma community. there has been instances in the past but i feel that this could lead to something pretty great so your support is appreciated.

on a sidenote, here is a monument that will be found in game on our maps.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/575652989357402297/478FCBDE1E6C718AD7909861B2FF8B201AE80F23/

it is a monument dedicated to the people who helped make this mod happen. there are 106 name tags on it and they will carry the individuals desired name on it. the way it will work is as follows

gold name plate = individual contributed directly to the mods in game aspect. i.e. coded, brought a model into the game, textured a model, made a model. just some examples. but basically is a active and contributing member of the dev team and can show for it.

silver name plate = individual donated something to the mod i.e. "hey here is a model i made that you can use. i wont get it in game but you can have the model itself". donation does not have to be a model, but anything that will go in game directly, so it could even be code or complete texture packs. key point is that the donator has to be the creator as well.

bronze name plate = individual who helped in any other way i.e. provided references, spread the word noticeably, acquired help etc. basically people showing extensive effort who do not have the skill set to provide direct in game assets. i will add to this that, hard as it is, it should be something you can show for. i.e. one guy downloaded programs, to get into the halo maps to take screenshots for reference. or another, spent hours on end searching for reference material and dropped a 2 gig file on us. somebody who posted on other forums a lot and/or possibly even got assets from other people, sort of like a referral program type deal.

should there be more names, for some crazy reason, we will add in a script to where you can walk up to it and via add action open "credits". doubt it will get that far but who knows.

initially the idea was just for the dev team to be listed as a thank you from me to them. however i dont think its fair towards the community as i believe you guys are a huge factor in this mod so we wanted to give back to you guys as well. earn yourself a name in the game :)

hope you like it. will update as time goes

EDIT: excuse shitty graphics please... on my laptop

Edited by Thedog88

I'm gonna have to get the master chief collection and start snapping pics of everything in the new HD, I will have to buy a Xbox one and capture card but I will mark those down as investments. ;)

I'm gonna have to get the master chief collection and start snapping pics of everything in the new HD, I will have to buy a Xbox one and capture card but I will mark those down as investments. ;)

Hey man if you need a partner I'm ready to play all the Halo's again too.

<\ INITIATING COMM LINK ...

<\ IFF CONFIRMED: BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE FORUM POST 177321\369

<\ PERFORMING MODIFICATION TEAM SCAN ...

>> * ERROR: TEXTURE ARTIST MISSING *

>> * READINESS LEVELS: CRITICAL *

>> * REQUEST RECRUITMENT *

<\ REQUEST PENDING ...

We need a texture artist.

Edited by spacenavy90

<\ INITIATING COMM LINK ...

<\ IFF CONFIRMED: BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE FORUM POST 177321\369

<\ PERFORMING MODIFICATION TEAM SCAN ...

<\ ERROR: TEXTURE ARTIST MISSING

>> * READINESS LEVELS: CRITICAL *

>> * REQUEST RECRUITMENT *

<\ REQUEST PENDING ...

We need a texture artist.

well i got drafter a while back and was put on standby for the normal infantry, maybe hit me up

Atin in to save the day, That model looks shmick to.

Its got some gaps here and there in the model. I have a whole metric fuck ton of Halo models I did with a friend freshman year when our engineering course was changed for 3D modelling.

Do you plan on adding any civillian vehicles like those found in Reach or ODST?

Yes we do have plans on adding Civilians and Civilian Vehicles.

a lot is planned and we have a lot on our plate. order of precedence is as follows however

for alpha we will try to have the following

odst

unsc army

innie militia

innie criminals

innie boarding units

drop pod

pelican

warthog

a few weapons

small details

everything else will be for beta or later releases so just stay tuned^^

edit:

kids... dont mod when you are tired, shit is dangerous...

EDIT: me and spacenavy put together a UNSC Army Soldier. base model here of course, different variants will happen soon. still need to tweak a few spots to prevent clipping and of course textures. but so far so good, i like it :)

http://i.imgur.com/jSQxW5V.jpg

Edited by Thedog88

a lot is planned and we have a lot on our plate. order of precedence is as follows however

for alpha we will try to have the following

odst

unsc army

innie militia

innie criminals

innie boarding units

drop pod

pelican

warthog

a few weapons

small details

everything else will be for beta or later releases so just stay tuned^^

edit:

kids... dont mod when you are tired, shit is dangerous...

EDIT: me and spacenavy put together a UNSC Army Soldier. base model here of course, different variants will happen soon. still need to tweak a few spots to prevent clipping and of course textures. but so far so good, i like it :)

http://i.imgur.com/jSQxW5V.jpg

sweet, remember im on standby to apply the cammies under the armor (which in this case would be the UNSC army's washed out blue/grey Mcam)

sweet, remember im on standby to apply the cammies under the armor (which in this case would be the UNSC army's washed out blue/grey Mcam)

Perhaps a lighter version of this: multicam_black_swatch_home.jpg ?