SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

I'm so hard. This is awesome.

Go to the clubs and get that taken care of ink, im sure New Alexandria has a nice one, i hear the grunt dancers are on sundays

Go to the clubs and get that taken care of ink, im sure New Alexandria has a nice one, i hear the grunt dancers are on sundays

Just No, Lol.

Are you making your textures from scratch? or taking them somewhere? just wondering.

Dont take that as disrespect. Just looks kinda different so I thought id ask.

Are you making your textures from scratch? or taking them somewhere? just wondering.

Dont take that as disrespect. Just looks kinda different so I thought id ask.

thats the HALO one, HALO3 and ODST i believe

They don't let me there anymore. Last time I flew my team to disable some communication jammers there and I crashed into the building =(

---

Speaking of aircraft. Is there any plans for others than the pelican? Potentially a mighty falcon return? In addition, if so, will there be any custom animation work or nah?

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245/Wilbon88/TransportFalcon.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mbXtMXN.jpg

(man I miss Reach/Modding Halo)

They don't let me there anymore. Last time I flew my team to disable some communication jammers there and I crashed into the building =(

---

Speaking of aircraft. Is there any plans for others than the pelican? Potentially a mighty falcon return? In addition, if so, will there be any custom animation work or nah?

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245/Wilbon88/TransportFalcon.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mbXtMXN.jpg

(man I miss Reach/Modding Halo)

Well to respond to this yes their is we have planned a Hornet the Falcon is a Maybe but I see no reason why we couldn't. We have a great team who can bend ArmA to it's limits.

Heres some specs on the UH-144 Falcon (For armed versions if added)

Nose gun= 20MM

Machine guns (on side)=50 cal/12.7mm

Grenade launchers (if variant added)=40mm

heres hornet weapon specs too

Rockets=(unable to find, guessing around DAGR strength)

Main Gun=(Unable to find, guessing it to be 50cal)

I'd say the Falcon better fits the time frame, though I don't know how far back the Hornets go.

Now that I'm on the team, I'm going to just throw this out here - http://puu.sh/azlbC/85e9b210ca.png (227 kB)

I'm working on some custom logos for the shoulder/chest armor. It's all WIP so any suggestions or comments are thanked. . . So thanks :)

Also note that all the scrates/the logo it's self with sort of be overlayed onto the shoulder, so it will look a lot more like it's painted on rather than just being flat.

Historically, the Falcon wasn't on Reach like it was in the game, Its a lore-breaking thing like the Skirmishers and such being on Reach that weren't in the historical lore.

Historically, the Falcon wasn't on Reach like it was in the game, Its a lore-breaking thing like the Skirmishers and such being on Reach that weren't in the historical lore.

Let's brush it off as "classified ops" ;)

So Basically AtinAkiri is getting at here is being Lore Friendly is awesome so is having facking Hornets and Falcons are too.

---------- Post added at 05:30 ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 ----------

I'd say the Falcon better fits the time frame, though I don't know how far back the Hornets go.

Now that I'm on the team, I'm going to just throw this out here - http://puu.sh/azlbC/85e9b210ca.png (227 kB)

I'm working on some custom logos for the shoulder/chest armor. It's all WIP so any suggestions or comments are thanked. . . So thanks :)

Also note that all the scrates/the logo it's self with sort of be overlayed onto the shoulder, so it will look a lot more like it's painted on rather than just being flat.

Welcome to the team and also that is looking pretty good so far!

well a edit to this is the Hornet was produced in 2424 so yes it does fit into the time frame

Edited by Xidarkreaper

Thanks. I figured the Hornet was newer since it arrived in Halo 3. I don't know much about the lore other than the games, and all of the books minus the forerunner ones.

The hornet and falcon were around during the insurrection, and still to the events of halo 4 (hence skyline DLC level, and a falcon model in H4s game files)

Well to respond to this yes their is we have planned a Hornet the Falcon is a Maybe but I see no reason why we couldn't. We have a great team who can bend ArmA to it's limits.

The way I see it personally is that the Hornet is essentially the hellcat. You can have people on the back (plus when the choppers dlc comes out won't we theoretically be able to shoot from the side, like in the games..) but it's got it's rockets and what not and is relatively fast.

The falcon is both like the MH-9 and the Ghost Hawk. Like the MH-9 (Transport Falcon similar) because of speed and carry (especially the seats on the side for quick drop offs) but aswell the Ghost Hawk for when you have the variant with the chain guns on the sides.

The pelican is a lot like the Mohawk. Somewhat slow but troop transport like a god.

Idk, that's just my .02 but I'm severely biased for Falcons/Halo Aircraft <3

I was looking into some fighters and other things that we could do but here is one that stuck out to me.

It's called Falcon too.

250px-011_FALCON.jpg

I would definitely be interested in seeing some expanded air units down the line. Their is quite a few different units the UNSC used in the books/advanced lore.

I would definitely be interested in seeing some expanded air units down the line. Their is quite a few different units the UNSC used in the books/advanced lore.

For fixed wing aircraft (ie jet wise) I'd say maybe something along the Lines of the Longsword or the Shortsword. or even the sabre (as it was used pre-war during the insurrection at Mamore, the only recorded use of the Sabre Pre-war)

extra vehicles in the franchise i'd say may be worth looking into are

F-99 UCAV Wombat unmanned jet (seen in one of the HALO 3 DLC maps onboard a carrier and in halo 3 ODST)

the Skyhawk (Seen only in comics, bears similar design to sparrowhawk from halo wars)

I do want to announce to everyone that's looking forward to this mod that all the Devs will be conducting a Hog Race the Date and time has not yet been confirmed but it is confirmed that it will happen shortly before the Alpha Release of the Mod. I will soon be posting on what will be included in every stage i.e Alpha, Beta, Full Release, and then extended support.

so heres what i personally would like to see

UNSC army

UNSC Marines

we have ODST, including RECON variant >>> helmet model is done, scorch should be pushing that update shortly

LATER possibly spartans > early version

when it comes to vehicles, besides icon ones i would like get others in as well, for example troop carrier versions of the hog and so on and so forth

as far as innies me and scorch discussed that we want to create a few different "cells". from reference we found online we found a few different ones.

elite cell will be comprised of very uniformed almost modern era soldier looking guys. we will add in a few futuristic thigns to them such as shoulder armor and what not. we'imagine these guys, as well as all innies, pick up equipment from killed enemies. very similar to what modern day insurgents do. that being said they will carry almost the exact same weaponry as UNSC.

standard cell will be comprised of guys in civilian gear with a few military touches. same as modern day insurgents and of course again with UNSC weaponry. these guys will look very similar to what we see today in theaters of war.

last cell will be somewhat of peasantry or the worker class of the colonies. came across a reference for these guys actually. they will be in simple jump suits/ coveralls and just carry pistols. these guys are basically pissed off workers that might work aboard space vessels doing the non mission essential jobs. saw a few pictures of them holding up unsc crews aboard their own ship. fact is, even today INSIDER THREAT is a big deal. green on blue is shitty.

anywho

thats my 2 cents in regards to different assets planned

As thedog said, I have the new ONI recon helmet to show off today. I won't bore you with words, so here are some screens

http://i.imgur.com/P7r3Zlb.png (236 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/zxK6Tl6.png (351 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/By8rgpd.png (428 kB)

(This image is for Flemdot Jr and any other individuals who dislike how visible the necks are. You can simply equip a bandanna in your profile menu and it will effectively cover your neck. We feel this is an adequate solution in which both parties can be satisfied and it shouldnt hamper gameplay since the player wont be able to see any other glasses they wear.)

http://i.imgur.com/iGwkY5j.png (510 kB)

(This is one of the awesome emblems created by Proto, expect more soon.)

Well, thats all I got for tonight. To keep you informed, I'm currently working on a VISR-style overlay that should appear whenever the helmet is equipped. Right now its merely aesthetic, however, I intend to add features to it to make it more practical such as a compass, IFF tags, etc.

Lol, Thedog, do you think you can send me the texture for the uniform the Recon unit has so i can ONI it up some more

Thanks Scorch and good looking screens, I have a question will you add special characters from the game and make a female variant?

Thanks Scorch and good looking screens, I have a question will you add special characters from the game and make a female variant?

So here is the Answer to this we don't have planned on using real in-game character names yet. We do have planned however having all the Developers names will be used under the Infantry (Story) Tab and you will see all the Developers making a show up in the Campaign as for let's say Romeo from ODST we only have planned his helmet. Also here is a small hint to the campaign (126)