warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

On 3/4/2019 at 12:01 AM, PotionSeller said:

WIll the mod be compatible with ace?

The question is more like why shouldn't it? If you are referring to fast rope then this can be easily added without the mods explicit compatibility to ace. 

Sorry gentlemen I've been a bit busy. We gave birth to another prince to the throne 😏

http://imgur.com/a/r2SsQOS

I am alive and well. I've gotten alot of PMs so forgive me if I haven't replied.

I'll be back on the hawks full time starting next week. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, warlord554 said:

Sorry gentlemen I've been a bit busy. We gave birth to another prince to the throne 😏

I am alive and well. I've gotten alot of PMs so forgive me if I haven't replied.

Congrats!

17 hours ago, warlord554 said:

Congratulations, man!

Motivational video. I came across it doing research on new UES exhaust system. Thought I'd share

• Like 6

Stumbled across this script/mod, it might be useful for when you get around to working on K-Casting

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Is there a discord for this mod we could use to follow development as well or just this thread?

On 5/15/2019 at 5:09 PM, warlord554 said:

Congrats.  Is that #5?

5 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

Congrats.  Is that #5?

#7 sir 

No more. Ol dad is done having kids lol

• Like 2

7 !!!  My God man, I was overwhelmed with 3.  Hats off to you Sir.

P.S.  there is a way to solve that.

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2019 at 2:07 PM, warlord554 said:

#7 sir 

No more. Ol dad is done having kids lol

Oh sweet lord.  Well, at least when they get older you can have your own little militia group lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Holy shit seven kids? No wonder these birds are never released 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hahahahaha I freaking love that one brother! Nice. 

*update*

So I'm sure alot of u guys are ready to fly. Besides RL it has taken so long because I went ahead and made all versions of hawks...... so alpha will look like this......

USA UH60L (standard ir suppressor exhaust)

USA UH60M (UES exhaust, upgraded external sensors)

USA MH60L (w/wo fuel probe, winch, upgraded external sensors, aux internal fuel tanks)

USA MH60M (w/wo fuel probe, winch, upgraded external sensors)

USA MH60M DAP (2 stub and 4 stub wing versions, fixed front door guns)

USN MH60S (variant correct sensor suite and w/wo FLIR)

USAF HH60G (same as mh60l, different mmr radar, m3 door guns)

USAF HH60W (same as mh60m with different nose, either m3 or m134 guns)

--- not included with alpha, but mostly done (hopefully beta)

USA MH60X STEALTH (Zero dark thirty style with my own twist, not BI, unarmed, extendable internal fuel probe, f35 style undernose low profile camera/flir)

The difference between the variants should be obvious for anyone that knows these helos. Most of you know how long I've been at this so it's fair to say extensive research has been done to ensure everything is as accurate as possible. That being said please remember that total polycount has to be considered so everyone can enjoy them ingame.

Completely custom made models (not modified BI samples)

I've tried to make 4k or 2k textures atleast, where possible. I will include various "levels" of dirt maps where possible. Current colors are standard od green, black, navy grey, usaf grey(I've tried my best to color match official paint codes with diffuse maps). I will also include a few "fun" liveries such as BHD engine graphics, a few navy tail designs, pavehawk camo. "Sterile" non US marked textures included.

Lima models will share same upgraded cockpit (caas) until I can get around to finishing L cockpit

I have m134 door gun variants w/wo eotech sights, and peq15 ir lasers but the sights have gotten mixed reviews from some of my close testers. Some prefer the more "open" view with just a laser, I personally just think it's pretty cool having a 553 mounted. So unsure what will make final cut.....

w/wo pilot doors. 

Functional armor plating where application possible 

Rotors are "flexed" in flight depending on altitude and will lay flat at idle. They "droop" when engine off

Suspension and doors fully animated 

Standard models will have 2 door gun versions (m240, m134)

SOF models will have 1 door gun version (m134), FFV

USAF models will have 2 door gun versions (m134, m3 .50cal), FFV

DAP pylon weapons will be all standard loadouts native to those helos (guns, rockets, missiles). I will go over exact pylon weapons at a later time, however I can tell you I have no current intention of making the gau .50cal as I have rarely seen/heard of it equipped in theatre enough to model one but i may in the future. M230 and forward facing stationary door guns included

Fuel probe versions will be fully animated (able to extend) and compatible with aerial fueling mods

I am willing to do custom camo patterns if properly requested

Texture templates will be included for those DIY modders

Majority is done. I'm not gonna BS too much with pics, main goal is alpha release 

At this pace will be 3-4 weeks until alpha but hopefully sooner

Completely new sound suite also included (including new m134 sounds)

Meatball and I have resurrected socmod, so I will include flight gear in that mod

This aircraft mod, along with the chinooks, will be available through steam, armaholic, and manual download so no one can complain about availability. 😎 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 10

Awesome!  Really looking forward to getting your mod.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

* the only current DAP variant is the Mike model, meaning they will use LASS/MLASS composite wing stubs. I may eventually include the Lima ESSS. They will not have cargo seating, however cargo doors can still be opened and closed for airflow

All helos also have completely custom (and animated/functional) MFD screens native to current modern avionics software. The DAP will include weapons screens similar to gunships. All helos have pilot add action for MFD night vision mode (mfds turn bright green)

• Like 13

Spoiler

Do you still keep up information, that initial AFM will be basic? It will be AFM the same, close UH-80 Ghosthawk or "your own" completely new basic AFM?

6 hours ago, jacd said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Do you still keep up information, that initial AFM will be basic? It will be AFM the same, close UH-80 Ghosthawk or "your own" completely new basic AFM?

I will have to start from scratch the AFM, it will be a standard base ghosthawk and will start modifying from there.  I dont use afm mode so I will rely on feedback for tweaks

• Like 2

Once you get this bad boy out I'd love to give feedback on AFM, I'm using hotas + trackir etc. I don't know anything about actual IRL helicopters but i've got ~1k hours of flying AFM or so 🙂

Glad to hear everything is going well, we love you! ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finished custom animations for crew, pilots, and cargo passengers. You guys might be upset but the "Mike" models co pilot will have one hand on cyclic joystick and other on mission computer "knuckle" on center console. (As if he was cycling through mfd, or controlling flir)

Also I told u guys I haven't finished Lima cockpit, however I managed to make subtle changes to cockpit mission equipment layout enough to make a decent difference in appearance.  (Non enthusiast might not even notice)

I'm currently attempting to make door guns "mountable turrets" so gunners can "mount gun" standard, and "turn out" (standing in gun window looking out) if it works I'll provide a few "fun static animations" for gunners like a wave or peace sign

*** UH60A "style" exhaust variants added by request (and since I had already made it) 

I will designate it the UH/MH-60A (however please note only difference is exhaust) think of it as a US export variant lol

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, warlord554 said:

You guys might be upset but the "Mike" models co pilot will have one hand on cyclic joystick and other on mission computer "knuckle" on center console. (As if he was cycling through mfd, or controlling flir)

That sounds great.  And starting with the Ghosthawk AFM should be a good place to start.  It's not bad for a -60, if a tad too powerful.

It's been a long time coming.  I'm looking forward to these!

15 minutes ago, gatordev said:

That sounds great.  And starting with the Ghosthawk AFM should be a good place to start.  It's not bad for a -60, if a tad too powerful.

It's been a long time coming.  I'm looking forward to these!

My thoughts exactly bro, I especially want to account for Mike models engine/rotor chord upgrades (prolly end up with Lima AFM, and Mike AFM)

One of my personal aggravations with A3 aircraft is the m134 sounds. (Konyo "distance" reverb is close)

Go shoot GR wildlands gau, which was created using a very accurate, very expensive sound sample suite lol you will notice difference, regardless of sound mods

• Like 2

Super excited for this mod man! Just curious, have you thought about doing any sort of advanced start up sequence that pilots could use for a little more immersion? Something toggle-able kinda like the Super Hornet mod?