warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

On 10/10/2017 at 11:10 PM, gatordev said:

I can't give you BH limits, but I wouldn't surprised if it's similar to the Seahawk (though slightly different due to CG changes):

0*...150 knots max

10*...100 knots max

20*...80 knots max

30*...60 knots max

40*...45 knots max

Its the same in the A/L blackhawk, though I'm pretty sure that's for the unlikely event that the stabilator jams in a certain position so you know your VNE at different stabilator angles. The Mike model tells you what your "STAB angle VNE" is via the airspeed indicator on the MFD.

In auto mode it should be full down below 40 Knots and gradually slews up to zero by ~70 KIAS. So between 40 and ~75 KIAS it should fluctuate between full up and full down depending on airspeed.

Still dealing with ffv issue. Guys won't raise rifles when they shoot but the weapon discharges like it should. Going through the BI configs tonight

• Like 8

On 20/10/2017 at 4:31 AM, warlord554 said:

Still dealing with ffv issue. Guys won't raise rifles when they shoot but the weapon discharges like it should. Going through the BI configs tonight

been able to narrow down anything suspect?

No. And now AI won't mount either door gun or copilot. When I mount door gun I'm just sitting there no gunner controls. I haven't changed anything in the config. Weird

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, warlord554 said:

No. And now AI won't mount either door gun or copilot. When I mount door gun I'm just sitting there no gunner controls. I haven't changed anything in the config. Weird

yea odd i'll see if i can replicate it

On 10/19/2017 at 11:26 AM, b00ce said:

Its the same in the A/L blackhawk, though I'm pretty sure that's for the unlikely event that the stabilator jams in a certain position so you know your VNE at different stabilator angles.

Stab amp failures were a big thing in our community for some time, so it used to be a major EP.  By the early 2000's, they seemed to have addressed the problem and of the very few "failures" I've seen, it's either an amp that just needs adjustment (indicator doesn't match published numbers), bad talkie-talk from the Air Data Computer to the amps, or on the rare occasion, an actual amp failure (maybe once, I've seen that).

The Mike model tells you what your "STAB angle VNE" is via the airspeed indicator on the MFD.

Well, la-te-da.  That sounds fancy.  Strike up another point for Sikorsky software versus are annoying Lockheed code.

I'm glad to see that the mod creators are still at work at trying to finish this mod. I hope this creation is completed soon as I'm in a Milsim unit and one of the air sections emulates the 160th SOAR. You have no idea how happy we would be to use this mod over RHS. Just have having the MH-60M Defensive Air Penetrators makes me joyful.

• Like 3

Time has been limited recently. But I've had some good feedback so far. One area was a bit of lag when multiple birds are in the same lod frame. So I've been optimizing a bit

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2017 at 7:02 PM, warlord554 said:

Time has been limited recently. But I've had some good feedback so far. One area was a bit of lag when multiple birds are in the same lod frame. So I've been optimizing a bit

Any luck with the optimization?

On 11/4/2017 at 4:05 AM, TheBlackSenpai said:

I'm glad to see that the mod creators are still at work at trying to finish this mod. I hope this creation is completed soon as I'm in a Milsim unit and one of the air sections emulates the 160th SOAR. You have no idea how happy we would be to use this mod over RHS. Just have having the MH-60M Defensive Air Penetrators makes me joyful.

While you are waiting, EricJ's UH-60 pack has DAPs in it, if that helps at all.

32 minutes ago, RellyRell said:

Any luck with the optimization?

Slowly but surely it's coming along. Retopo'd alot of the airframe which has reduced polys tremendously. Will work alot better and allow alot of helos in the same frame with minimal performance hit while maintaining quality standards

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

On 6-12-2017 at 8:40 PM, warlord554 said:

Slowly but surely it's coming along. Retopo'd alot of the airframe which has reduced polys tremendously. Will work alot better and allow alot of helos in the same frame with minimal performance hit while maintaining quality standards

Will the alpha release now feature the updated airframe with the new doors, nose and textures?

Happy New Year! I wish everyone to finished all Arma 3 projects! For modmakers more time for their work. For users more time for play. 

• Like 4

On 12/12/2017 at 4:24 AM, warlord554 said:

Yes

Awesome!

I truly admire the high amount of detail and energy you guys put into this project.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2017 at 11:05 PM, TheBlackSenpai said:

Direct Action Penetrator 

• Like 7

On 12/12/2017 at 4:24 AM, warlord554 said:

Yes

Excellent! Also digging that new avatar :D

• Thanks 1

Progress has been slow. I'm a one man show and juggling kids (just had our 4th), work, RL, etc. 

But they are being worked on. Not much left for the hawks and a solid start on mh47

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

Congrats for your new kid! ;-)

• Like 5

13 hours ago, warlord554 said:

Progress has been slow. I'm a one man show and juggling kids (just had our 4th), work, RL, etc. 

But they are being worked on. Not much left for the hawks and a solid start on mh47

Congrats dude.  Don't even know how youn find the time to play arma, let alone mod with 4 little ones

• Like 4

14 hours ago, warlord554 said:

Congrats man, wow big challenge!

4 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

Congrats dude.  Don't even know how youn find the time to play arma, let alone mod with 4 little ones

Haha it's my only escape. Wait until they are all asleep. Fire up some Pandora and bang out some mods

• Like 12