SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

Hey fuller, about the problems I had with the AC130: I found out that it isn't compatible with Peral's A-10C Mod. When I activate the last the following error shows up when I enter the AC130:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/USAF_AC130U/Turrets/MainTurret.missileBeg'.

Perhaps this info is a little help to fix the bug. When the A-10 is deactivated everything works fine.

I will look into this

Not sure if the red light is supposed to be interior lighting or from the outside. The H60 has greenish blue cabin lights because NVGs can't see blue. :)

Hey guys great job on the release. heres a little something i noticed on the HH-60 along with a request:

The wheels on the HH-60 seem to have to much friction. so if you touchdown at speed it does not really roll or slide but rather lurches forward like somebody slamming the brakes.

Also: It would be nice if the FLIR cam on the nose was operable by the co pilot hopefully that gets released in the cockpit hotfix

Wait does this require any addons? If it doesn't that would be really great, I thought it did but I see nothing about,requirements in the first post.

You can run the weaopons vanilla or with ASDG Joint Rails, probably something I may incorporate down the road.

.....???

Ericj I don't think you understood what I asked, I asked if this USAF mod has any requirements.

Uh yes i did, no you don't, the only portion is my weapons, you can run it with or without ASDG Joint Rails.

You never said what the depends was. You said "the weapons"...

Lol I assume you are speaking about Ericj weapon pack but go and read your post in relation to my question..

So, this requires Ericj weapons pack?

Oh does this include your weapons??. Yeah I am confused

No I did specific weapons for this pack, it doesn't require anything but optionally ASDG Joint Rails.

Hey guys great job on the release. heres a little something i noticed on the HH-60 along with a request:

The wheels on the HH-60 seem to have to much friction. so if you touchdown at speed it does not really roll or slide but rather lurches forward like somebody slamming the brakes.

Also: It would be nice if the FLIR cam on the nose was operable by the co pilot hopefully that gets released in the cockpit hotfix

When we put in the new cockpit the FLIR Option will be installed

The wheels don't move due to the Physx LOD. If this is not implemented, then the HH60 will slide in all directions depending on the direction you land on a hill. This cannot be fixed as this is something that BI implemented into the game.

Ever since I installed your mod it has caused No entry 'config.bin/...' errors for ALiVE and Combat Space Enhancements.. Which really sucks cause I'd love to use this but if this is gonna cause issues with CSE and ALiVE forget it. :(

Which really sucks cause I'd love to use this but if this is gonna cause issues with CSE and ALiVE forget it. :(

This mod is in Alpha version, which means that is work in progress, nothing is finished, and that will suffer a lot of modifications.

So you can't ask for proper compatibility with other mods nor anything similar. And error messages are expected, it's in Alpha!

I dont know why the Mod is conflicting with others but its something we will look into

I dont know why the Mod is conflicting with others but its something we will look into

Thank you bud. Again I appreciate your work! It sucks that its conflicting but it happens and is a learning experience for the team! Hope you guys can figure it out!

Now I have a question.. is EVERYTHING in the USAF mod download required to be installed in order for the aircraft to work? or could I just put the aircraft PBOs in and call it good? So are the PBOs for "USAF_SFS", "USAF_Vests", "USAF_Weapons" required to be installed? Just wondering cause I would just want to spawn the aircraft as empty so my guys can pilot them. I have no need for the faction and I am trying to reduce as much space as needed. But if they are no biggie. Just wondering.

messing around this the ac 130 and when you go to auto pilot it circles in a 200 meter radius so you cat shoot anything

some bugs but i dont care for them all for all really nice mod

Edited by ICE_AGE0815

As everyones already mentioned the conflicting mod issues, I have found a bug in the placement of the interaction menu of the MC-130J Commando II. When trying to open the doors to the cargo section of the plan you have to stand underneath the tail. Also i noticed while placing it with MCC that the rotation axis of the aircraft is also that same point of the tail. So when rotating it on the ground to face an opposite direction the entire plane swings like theres an imaginary rod shoved through the tail into the ground. Otherwise so far I love the mod. I have issues with the AI flying everything since they cruise around the map at like 100-200m above the ground. Could be the combination of AI mods. (Running GAIA, ASR AI3, and TWPCAS A3) Is this just the limitations of the regular AI?

Edit: Also when placing the aircraft in with MCC and not empty the AI immediately throttles up and trys to take off. (I dunno if this was because I spawned them on the runway or the AI mods.) One last thing I dunno if this was intended but to me it seems like the C-130s seem a little underpowered. I know they are capable of operating on short runways in real life. (I tried to take off on a short runway and basically ran out of runway. Still made it off the ground.)

Edited by Raytesh

Just found an error with the CV22. If you are in the copilot seat and you aim the camera behind the aircraft towards the ramp you will see inside the rear and the floor is invisible.

How to fix it

to fix that you would have to open the CV22.p3d file and then go to 1000 and press Ctrl+A to select the whole model then copy it. Once you have done that go to "view - pilot" and paste the model then go to "view - cargo" and paste it again and if you have "view - gunner" then do the same and paste it.

Edited by deltagamer

Hey guys, I've got a mission that uses the C130 and it has stopped working after the update. Did you change some of the names? I'm getting the message 'You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. Air_C130J

If the name is different then do you think I'll be able to 'find and replace' in the mission .sqm file and that should fix it?

Cheers for now!

Hey guys, I've got a mission that uses the C130 and it has stopped working after the update. Did you change some of the names? I'm getting the message 'You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. Air_C130J

If the name is different then do you think I'll be able to 'find and replace' in the mission .sqm file and that should fix it?

Cheers for now!

That should fix it if the classname has changed, yeah.

Cheers for now!

Yep as long as you didn't save your mission while it was blank you'll be okay.